Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 11-30-2016, 02:38 PM   #1011
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

In the end, I don't think XM really gives a sh!t.

They already made their money with the convention sales.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 02:45 PM   #1012
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifixion View Post
I'm sorry, but there's no way you shouldn't be more solicitous of your best customers who visit your shop. Any business owner will tell you the same. Those are the customers who always come back if treated properly. As I said, if they were the type of business without a storefront, it would be different. Besides, you and the others who seem to be expressing the most disappointment are forgetting that you're not really XM's customers. I think those of us outside their selling areas need to remember that. As you wrote, it was nice to get around that reality for awhile, but it's just not the case anymore.
I'm not talking about licenses here, I'm just talking about business in general. Just because someone walks into your store does not make them a better customer then someone who orders through your web site or from a store that is an official XM reseller.

As for license issue goes your correct XM doesn't need to worry about the outside buyer as it would get them in trouble with Marvel, I guess the question is, would there be enough demand within the license area to support XM? Imaginarium Art who is also in Singapore just got bought out by Prime 1 who uses SS to distribute their statues to North America. Makes me wonder if something similar might happen to XM. All speculation of course... Only reason I think that is because with the early convention pre-ordering and bundling of statues makes me wonder if XM might be having financial problems... Again pure speculation.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 03:08 PM   #1013
lucifixion
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I'm not talking about licenses here, I'm just talking about business in general. Just because someone walks into your store does not make them a better customer then someone who orders through your web site or from a store that is an official XM reseller.

As for license issue goes your correct XM doesn't need to worry about the outside buyer as it would get them in trouble with Marvel, I guess the question is, would there be enough demand within the license area to support XM? Imaginarium Art who is also in Singapore just got bought out by Prime 1 who uses SS to distribute their statues to North America. Makes me wonder if something similar might happen to XM. All speculation of course... Only reason I think that is because with the early convention pre-ordering and bundling of statues makes me wonder if XM might be having financial problems... Again pure speculation.
I don't. I think you always go out of your way for face to face business. My comics store owner is going to save me the variant cover of my favorite comic even if I don't spend the most money rather than throw it up on his website to make a few extra bucks. Like I said, that's just good business.

I have a hard time believing XM is having any kind of financial issues. As long as they aren't making really bad money decisions behind closed doors, they should be pretty flush. As I said, I think all the things you mentioned, other than the bundling, which is just a business trying to move old stock, point more to them trying to go to more of a direct business model in order to keep more of the profits. I think they are just testing all the different possibilities right now. They already know how the distributor/retailer model works by now.
lucifixion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 03:18 PM   #1014
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrocket786 View Post
If XM wants to sell at conventions, then so be it. IT IS UP TO US to not purchase from the scalpers.
I might end up not collecting XM statues anymore. What's the point of putting up a sold out statue? Plus, why does it take 10 days to sort out pre-orders?

Anyway, as for those scalpers...I am sure they are XM's friends or relatives.
Remember Me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 03:22 PM   #1015
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember Me? View Post
Plus, why does it take 10 days to sort out pre-orders?
They must sort it out from the events, at studio and online PO. I think that´s the reason it takes so long.
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 03:37 PM   #1016
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
They must sort it out from the events, at studio and online PO. I think that´s the reason it takes so long.
Those should have been long sorted out before the online PO opened.
Old 11-30-2016, 04:00 PM   #1017
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember Me? View Post
Those should have been long sorted out before the online PO opened.
Yeah... they had plenty of time. This thing was already impossible to get back in March.

http://www.statueforum.com/showpost....&postcount=372
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 04:19 PM   #1018
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

FYI XM, please don't waste my time sitting in-front of the computer trying to PO a statue that is sold out. If it's sold-out, then just tell us. Why make your customers jump through hoops just to find out it's for nothing?
Old 11-30-2016, 04:31 PM   #1019
Bmutha
I like to make what's yours mine.

Lots of whining going on here.
Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 04:42 PM   #1020
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmutha View Post
Lots of whining going on here.
So.... so much
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote