Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 02-28-2019, 11:49 PM   #341
Wah
Shadowhawk

by the way, i forgot to ask anyone, but did anyone actually preorder this piece from BBTS and then get an email from them that their canceling the order? does that happen alot or did they just not get their supposed allotment and so just canceled peoples orders on this piece? i got an email from them awhile ago telling me that they were cancelling my order that they wouldn't be carrying anymore. this has never happened to me before ever so was curious if this happened to anyone else?
Wah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 04:30 AM   #342
Exorcist
Hydra

Question

So how is this 'older' Batgirl statue holding up for todays standards? And is she to small perhaps? 1/3.5 scale instead of 1/3?

She looks great in the reviews
Exorcist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 06:32 AM   #343
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

In my opinion, she's one of the "hey day" pieces. Back when P1 was wooing the collectors market and working hard to win market share.

Personally, I haven't been overwhelmed with their current works (especially their female pieces) - when P1 first hit the scene with their Arkham Knight Harley and this Batgirl, I thought they would redefine statue quality....but since then (and now they have a name), it feels like the quality has declined and now, I'd put them in the same league as Sideshow - not better, not worse, just on par.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 07:47 PM   #344
Exorcist
Hydra

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
In my opinion, she's one of the "hey day" pieces. Back when P1 was wooing the collectors market and working hard to win market share.

Personally, I haven't been overwhelmed with their current works (especially their female pieces) - when P1 first hit the scene with their Arkham Knight Harley and this Batgirl, I thought they would redefine statue quality....but since then (and now they have a name), it feels like the quality has declined and now, I'd put them in the same league as Sideshow - not better, not worse, just on par.
Thx my friend, you have convinced me and I got her (again) immediately. She is stunning, and you are correct. She is from the golden age, a period where the Prime1Studio paint applications where fantastic!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1E9A9C20-6B7F-4C79-A340-9C0683D36C79.jpeg
Views:	54
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	136363   Click image for larger version

Name:	9826C4A0-07B2-49EE-8411-59EA73054D04.jpeg
Views:	64
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	136364  
Old 01-22-2021, 07:58 PM   #345
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

An amazing piece. If you're quick, you can pick up Arkham Knight Harley direct from P1 at 30% discount....the Ex is sold out, but there are regulars available still.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 07:37 AM   #346
Exorcist
Hydra

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
An amazing piece. If you're quick, you can pick up Arkham Knight Harley direct from P1 at 30% discount....the Ex is sold out, but there are regulars available still.
Thanks yes I just received a Harley from P1 directly. She is indeed just as perfect as Batgirl is