Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-16-2021, 01:56 AM   #21
Iacon13
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
Thank god none of you are Namor the Submariner fans .... because I am and the original sideshow did well let’s just say is dated lmao. I’m pretty sure I’ll never see another from this company . XM released Namor within few years of rolling out statues and it was ambitious and awesome . Tells you a lot about the company doing pieces for fans not just money . Their line up speaks for itself
I love Namor! Bowen did some great Namor pieces...even if he triple dipped. They all looked good!
Iacon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 02:08 AM   #22
Iacon13
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

I feel like Sideshow rarely gives us a definitive version of a character thus keeping us on the hook for repurchasing the same characters frequently. As for very slowly expanding their scope of characters it’s a business model that seems to work for them as they are still in business and we keep buying from them. If we as collectors don’t respond to their repeating the same characters over and over by rejecting their character redo pieces than there is no incentive to do new characters. As for myself I am certainly one of the guys who buys multiples of certain characters so I am part of the problem. It may also simply have to do with the fact that as much as we like the idea of new characters we also like new versions of the same old same olds. As well I have no idea how the licensing works. Maybe they are required to do certain characters. Just my baseless, speculative, conspiracy theory 2 cents.

Network should have a new release for our times. Great film!
Iacon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 04:30 AM   #23
Peedi
The Secret Six

I buy multiples of characters, too. It goes for everybody, repeats suck until it’s that character YOU want repeated... I’d love a 3rd Black Panther 1/4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
I decided a long time ago that I'm not limiting myself to Sideshow. Once you do that, you liberate yourself as a collector.
Yup. I buy Sideshow, XM, F4F, just got my 1st P1 and PCS pieces a few months ago. Whoever makes the characters I want in sculpts I enjoy, I will buy. If I want a full 90s X-Men Blue & Gold roster and Sideshow doesn’t want to make Beast, Archangel and Professor X after all these years and I see XM has excellent versions of them and I can afford them, why in the world would I wait for Sideshow? **** em. Let them miss the sales.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 04:45 AM   #24
Peedi
The Secret Six

There’s A LOT of characters in interested in Sideshow doing PFs/Maquettes for. But buying or not always comes down to if I like the sculpt or not.

Marvel new
Archangel, Angel, Banshee, Beast, Bishop, Blade, Captain Britain, Doctor Octopus, Electro, Ghost Rider, Gladiator, Havok, Hobgoblin, Human Torch, Iceman, Ironheart, Jubilee, Kraven (original), Lizard, Luke Cage, Mr. Fantastic, Mr. Sinister, Nightcrawler, Polaris, Professor X, Scorpion, Silk, Spider-Gwen, Spider-Man Noir, War Machine, Wasp

Marvel repeats
Black Cat classic, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Cyclops (Cockrum classic), Hawkeye (modern), Iron Man (modern), Namor, Spider-Woman, Thing, Vision

DC new
Batwing, Cyborg, Man Bat, Nightwing, Ra’s al Ghul, Red Hood, Riddler, Two Face

DC repeats
Aquaman, Damian Wayne done properly in his own costume, Joker that isn’t over the top zany (probably the most likely of all I listed)
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 04:56 AM   #25
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iacon13 View Post
I feel like Sideshow rarely gives us a definitive version of a character thus keeping us on the hook for repurchasing the same characters frequently. As for very slowly expanding their scope of characters it’s a business model that seems to work for them as they are still in business and we keep buying from them. If we as collectors don’t respond to their repeating the same characters over and over by rejecting their character redo pieces than there is no incentive to do new characters. As for myself I am certainly one of the guys who buys multiples of certain characters so I am part of the problem. It may also simply have to do with the fact that as much as we like the idea of new characters we also like new versions of the same old same olds. As well I have no idea how the licensing works. Maybe they are required to do certain characters. Just my baseless, speculative, conspiracy theory 2 cents.

Network should have a new release for our times. Great film!
That's an interesting theory. So, they're purposely giving us less than definitive versions to keep us buying the new ones. Those bastards.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 05:49 AM   #26
BlackestNight
Sailor Moon

Not mad at Sideshow about it b/c I've learned to buy anyone's 1/4th sculpt that fits the bill as some have previously stated.

But I will mention some NON-Batman DC that I would love to see in 1/4th.

Mera
Shazam
Hawkman
Black Adam
Jessica Cruz

I can list so many more Lanterns and JSA but I know they stand no chance of being considered by Sideshow.

Batman: I agree with a Nightwing and a Red Hood, as well as another Robin, but I feel those are guaranteed in due time. I can't believe more do not want to see Hush, a Talon, Flashpoint Batman, or a Punchline, who's arguably had a bigger impact on single issue comic sales than the BWL.
BlackestNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 06:26 AM   #27
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Wish someone would make Alpha Flight or any of the Charlton acquired DC characters.

Honestly though, I have a pretty varied stable of characters. If I had to stop, I’d be happy with my collection.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 10:32 AM   #28
Mister H
Green Goblin

Kinda wish they would limit the characters who are looking down or in a pose that makes you have to display them high up. Give tall guys a break here and there.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 12:26 PM   #29
Jiggatron69
Hydra

I’ve been wanting an updated Hellfire Club Emma Frost but I’m not sure they will go down that path again cause it’s probably too sexy for Marvel’s tastes these days.
Jiggatron69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 12:33 PM   #30
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
There’s A LOT of characters in interested in Sideshow doing PFs/Maquettes for. But buying or not always comes down to if I like the sculpt or not.

Marvel new
Archangel, Angel, Banshee, Beast, Bishop, Blade, Captain Britain, Doctor Octopus, Electro, Ghost Rider, Gladiator, Havok, Hobgoblin, Human Torch, Iceman, Ironheart, Jubilee, Kraven (original), Lizard, Luke Cage, Mr. Fantastic, Mr. Sinister, Nightcrawler, Polaris, Professor X, Scorpion, Silk, Spider-Gwen, Spider-Man Noir, War Machine, Wasp

Marvel repeats
Black Cat classic, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Cyclops (Cockrum classic), Hawkeye (modern), Iron Man (modern), Namor, Spider-Woman, Thing, Vision

DC new
Batwing, Cyborg, Man Bat, Nightwing, Ra’s al Ghul, Red Hood, Riddler, Two Face

DC repeats
Aquaman, Damian Wayne done properly in his own costume, Joker that isn’t over the top zany (probably the most likely of all I listed)
I forgot Ghost Rider. C level characters I’d love Blob, Charlie 27 classic and Doc Samson.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote