Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 12-24-2022, 01:47 AM   #21
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammal View Post
Screw it. Let?s just destroy the industry. I missed XM Hulkbuster. Let?s re-release it too, since it?s being ?friendly to collectors? to destroy the collectibility of items collectors already purchased (some on the aftermarket). Run another 1000x of that statue to be really ?friendly to collectors.?
If you're looking to protect your value, that doesn't do anything for Prime 1 or the other collectors. Now people can buy a 1/4 (the biggest market), but it will probably be super expensive.

If that knocks down the profit for a reseller/speculator/flipper, how is that actually bad? God help us if they're driving the community.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2022, 01:57 AM   #22
Royalguard
The Avengers

This statue will be well over 1000 usd. Expect at least 1100 to 1200.
Royalguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2022, 02:15 AM   #23
Straken-SWE
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugnuts View Post
OH NO! PRIME 1 IS BEING NICE TO 1/4 COLLECTORS! MY 1/3 IS WORTHLESS NOW! SCREW PRIME 1!!!!!!
I?m probably late, but I know there are people that will probably say and believe the garbage I said above lol.
I think this is great for anyone that missed out or didn?t have room for the 1/3. I sure as hell don?t have room for the 1/3 so this is tempting.
Well said mr nuts
Straken-SWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2022, 02:52 AM   #24
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicJesus View Post
Prime 1 will make money off of this but they will never get another penny from me. I?m just one person but if others do the same it hurts the hobby. If a company decides that these aren?t really limited collectibles anymore, I think it hurts their brand overall.

All they had to do was change the pose and I think everyone could be happy. Hell, they could even do small sized scales, as long as people know that from the outset.
Agree with this. Anyone who think this isn't a bad move lacks understanding of the market and foresight. If you want to do a 1/4 do a different statue, don't be lazy/stupid and just rerelease an old piece.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2022, 03:25 AM   #25
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

It's unusual to see something re-released in another scale. But I hope these will sell well for P1. I'd only be down for an Ivy and Huntress in 1/4.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2022, 05:11 AM   #26
Punisher_
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Boo Hoo 1/3 Collectors cant sell theirs for 4k now. Cry me a river.
Punisher_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2022, 05:32 AM   #27
SDguy

Still a pass for me. Call me if they make one with an actual Superman portrait instead of this Punisher portrait.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2022, 10:06 AM   #28
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Agree with this. Anyone who think this isn't a bad move lacks understanding of the market and foresight. If you want to do a 1/4 do a different statue, don't be lazy/stupid and just rerelease an old piece.
Explain how this is a bad move.

People flooded the comments saying they wished these pieces were 1/4. If the cost of that is some resale values come closer to reality, I?m all for it.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2022, 10:48 AM   #29
Mammal
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberhagen View Post
Explain how this is a bad move.

People flooded the comments saying they wished these pieces were 1/4. If the cost of that is some resale values come closer to reality, I’m all for it.
Prices were at “reality.” Prices being out of whack with whatever arbitrary number you have in your head doesn’t mean the prices were wrong; your “ideal” price is wrong. Supply and demand determined price. Demand was high, and supply was low. It commanded a premium as a result.

Short term, it’s not a bad move for Prime 1, or for customers who wanted the statue but couldn’t afford it due to price or scale. They’ll sell a bunch, and people will be happy with their shiny toy.

Long term, Prime1’s practices in general are bad for everybody.
1) P1 conditions their customers not to buy products immediately (I learned my lesson with the Jin Sakai statue, where… before I got mine in hand… they’d already advertised variants I would have preferred);
2) They destroy the aftermarket for their items. Buyers will learn not to pay a premium if they know their items will immediately be devalued upon a new variant or re-release. Sellers won’t be able to make as much.
3) And P1 will just go back to the same well over and over to milk popular items. If this works, expect to see other P1 pieces re-released.

I paid ~$2k aftermarket for mine (so not retail, but not exorbitant), and I guarantee that I’ll never buy another P1 piece for any significant amount over retail. I’ll just wait for them to rehash it, or buy it when another customer has to dump it for a loss.

And before the sour grapes turds chime in: I’m not a speculator/reseller/flipper. I probably haven’t sold a statue in a year or two, and everything I sell is to make more space for new statues. But if you think I’m not mindful of the value of what I’m paying for (and that value is determined in part by scarcity), you’re crazy. Prime1 just tanked their value in that department.
Mammal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2022, 11:32 AM   #30
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Yea, I agree they shouldn't be re-releasing their same statue's. It's going to bite them in the as$ long-term to their reputation. People will soon catch on and pass on statue's they would of jumped on. The sense of urgency will be diminished, thus leaving Prime 1 sitting on crates of unsold statue's, inevitably to hit clearance sales in desperation. I'm no flipper either. I've sold three of my statue's on eBay for less than I paid for them. It's just common sense that it's bad for business.
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote