Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 04-10-2017, 07:13 PM   #131
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
I was waiting for a semen joke. I really wonder what it is though. If it were a glob of sealer, I would have expected it to be dry.
If I had to take a second guess... lol... I'd say it was probably one part of a two part epoxy glue that was being used in the factory.
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 09:48 AM   #132
trav99ss
Fantastic Four

Nice to hear that someone has one in hand and it looks good. I'm not too bothered about the top, I don't display any of my ARH ladies topless, but I'm in agreement with everyone else that those who do and wanted a refund should've been taken care of.

They haven't started shipping these out to everyone yet, correct?
trav99ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 11:02 AM   #133
Wolf3D
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33
Any word as to why they scrapped the topless option?
Arahom mentioned it in a video on facebook. If i think correctly the main reason was that the top leaves scratches on the skin when you put it on&off, so supposedly the factory made the decision to glue the head on the body. If you are brave enough to "chop her head off", you can always make the head interchangeable again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trav99ss View Post
They haven't started shipping these out to everyone yet, correct?
I'm pretty sure there are people who didn't get their statue yet. But i got mine almost 2 weeks ago directly from China.
Wolf3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 08:37 PM   #134
Thegameman2011
A day without sunshine is like... night.

So I finally decided to open this statue after weeks of it sitting there. I needed to take a look before I sell it. I wanted to make sure nothing was broken and I have to say it is a beautiful statue. They did an excellent job with the exception of not making the top removable. Overall this was an awesome sculpt and well executed paint application. If anything Arahom should be pissed off at the world for not delivering the statue as promised. Shame on ARH for not doing what was promised, but great job overall.
Thegameman2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 10:59 PM   #135
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegameman2011 View Post
So I finally decided to open this statue after weeks of it sitting there. I needed to take a look before I sell it. I wanted to make sure nothing was broken and I have to say it is a beautiful statue. They did an excellent job with the exception of not making the top removable. Overall this was an awesome sculpt and well executed paint application. If anything Arahom should be pissed off at the world for not delivering the statue as promised. Shame on ARH for not doing what was promised, but great job overall.
Would you have kept it if you could display topless? Would you have been happy returning ARH customer?
Great Pheidias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 06:17 PM   #136
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf3D View Post

I'm pretty sure there are people who didn't get their statue yet. But i got mine almost 2 weeks ago directly from China.
I still haven't' gotten mine yet. I ordered directly from ARH.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 09:53 PM   #137
trav99ss
Fantastic Four

I may be wrong, but I don't think they have started mass shipping these yet from ARH. Wish they would, I've heard it's really well done, so I'm anxious to see it in hand.
trav99ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 04:11 AM   #138
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by trav99ss View Post
I may be wrong, but I don't think they have started mass shipping these yet from ARH. Wish they would, I've heard it's really well done, so I'm anxious to see it in hand.
yep this is getting some good reviews..
Old 04-27-2017, 05:21 AM   #139
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Yes, great reviews. It's like a Honda Accord equipped with all the features of a Civic. The review on this piece is that it was not delivered as promised and ARH did not give their customers their money back, even after saying they would.
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 05:42 AM   #140
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by The13thWarlock View Post
Yes, great reviews. It's like a Honda Accord equipped with all the features of a Civic. The review on this piece is that it was not delivered as promised and ARH did not give their customers their money back, even after saying they would.

some guys don't seem to care..they like the statue anyway..some even say that topless would spoil it