Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 02-21-2017, 04:12 PM   #8751
strife87
Spider-Ham

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonebreak2000 View Post
I was afraid you'd say that. My knot is torqued down really hard. I couldnt even wedge a pin inside of it.
Its not difficult to make a custom necklace if you don't want to tamper with the factory one. Some wooden beads, stain, string and a little time.

That's the route i went anyway. It was pretty simple.
strife87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 04:46 PM   #8752
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by strife87 View Post
Its not difficult to make a custom necklace if you don't want to tamper with the factory one. Some wooden beads, stain, string and a little time.

That's the route i went anyway. It was pretty simple.
Did you already share pics of your redone necklace?
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 04:51 PM   #8753
s_paulik87
Green Lantern Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonebreak2000 View Post
I was afraid you'd say that. My knot is torqued down really hard. I couldnt even wedge a pin inside of it.

ALso I know some people went and got some replacement beads. Any size info and location to get them?
I used needle nose pliers grabbed the outside and just started wiggling took a while but it loosened up and came apart. Don't be afraid if you fray a few strands of the twine
s_paulik87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 05:26 PM   #8754
bonebreak2000
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_paulik87 View Post
I used needle nose pliers grabbed the outside and just started wiggling took a while but it loosened up and came apart. Don't be afraid if you fray a few strands of the twine
Yeah I started to be a bit more rough with it after 5 minutes. Used needle nose and and tooth pick to wiggle under the loop. Got it all taken care of in about 20 minutes. Looking good now. Decided to remove a bead from the Shin Bust too.
bonebreak2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 05:37 PM   #8755
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joppula View Post
My Akuma's aren't due to arrive until Thursday. Being that it was the "last of the Akumas'" I wonder if I'll be the absolute last person to receive him!

Oh well, someone has to be first and someone has to be last.

I'm still hype!
That's the spirit! I think I was the last person on the planet to receive Sagat. I waited all summer. Was nervously checking email for delivery notification while on vacation.

All worth it.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 05:43 PM   #8756
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamba View Post
Kind of make sense, but in case of Ryu, people value the evil ryu more than the regular ryu despite the same ES.
I haven't noticed that to be the case, but I'll accept it and say:

Ryu is a unique case. He's the face of the franchise, but his default appearance also has product overload, combined with the fact that the case could be made that he is "generic". "Evil" always sells (see Akuma), so for the Evil Ex to be just as popular (at a minimum) doesn't surprise me.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 05:57 PM   #8757
strife87
Spider-Ham

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Did you already share pics of your redone necklace?
No i didn't as I'm still messing around with it. I stained the beads and was playing with different paints to add the kanji to it. I didn't want to alter the original. Also making one for my 1/4. Here's the proto i threw together but the rest will be waiting as I'm on vacation right now so I'll be working with it more when i get back.

Quick shot of my first try. I've since repainted the kanji and tried a few different stains, just messing around as i wanted a project to play around with. If i can't get it to my liking I'll ask my wife. She's a much better artist than I.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170218_015607-1.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	102104  
strife87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 06:09 PM   #8758
qz33
Doctor Doom

Love the woodgrain visible in those.

Have a great trip.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 06:11 PM   #8759
bonebreak2000
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
No i didn't as I'm still messing around with it. I stained the beads and was playing with different paints to add the kanji to it. I didn't want to alter the original. Also making one for my 1/4. Here's the proto i threw together but the rest will be waiting as I'm on vacation right now so I'll be working with it more when i get back.

Quick shot of my first try. I've since repainted the kanji and tried a few different stains, just messing around as i wanted a project to play around with. If i can't get it to my liking I'll ask my wife. She's a much better artist than I.

Those looks good man. Post more pics when you get it how you like it. Lets us know what materials you used.

bonebreak2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 06:43 PM   #8760
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:

Very nice looking beads! I wonder if you could burn the kanji in, that would be sweet!

Otherwise some nice thick brushstrokes would look excellent!
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote