Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 01-11-2017, 05:48 PM   #91
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisnfro86 View Post
Comparison isn't really the same I guess, but I meant in terms of color/costume swaps. Reg/Shin, 3 Ryu's, and soon to be 3 Chuns. They all share the same pose to an extent with some minor modifications, but sell very well. MK does well too, just not as well as SF, especially in 1:4 (e.g. Cyber Ninjas)
I see what you're saying but it definitely is a different situation.

Two different MK characters were created with the same sculpt.

Since the 1/3 SF line if Jerry's baby he's sculpting all the characters. Even though there's alternates to each character each character has their own sculpt. Even Akuma/ Ryu two different characters who have a similar pose both have a different sculpt. Different situation than kitana/mileena having the same body. Heck even the ninjas by and large have the same body sculpt.

That's a big plus to the street fighter line IMO
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 11:32 PM   #92
fauno
Frackin!

Did Jerry ever replied or comment about the future of Sonya as part of the MK collection? I didn't see any updates on the "ask questions thread" but there's been many replies since last I checked...
fauno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 01:22 PM   #93
fauno
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
I don't care what costume, I just want a Sonya Blade in 1/4
At this point I feel like fans will take anything since there doesn't seem to be any update on a potential future for Mamma Blade.

Did Jerry ever respond concerning this matter?
fauno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 01:40 PM   #94
Old Snake
Kindly Asked To Leave

I think the silence says enough. At least the odds of a Sonya are higher than a Stryker life size bust.
Old Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 07:48 PM   #95
lewisnfro86
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Jerry mentioned at Wondercon that they are still working on licensing negotiations with NeatherRealm, so stuff is on hold. I believe he mentioned that in the ask thread as well.
lewisnfro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 09:18 PM   #96
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Yeah they said Netherealm is all Injustice 2 at the moment but i think there's a possibility of Jerry moving on from MK, sales haven't been good for the last MKX and Klassic pieces ( not counting 1/3 ) and he's pursuing other licenses.

Of course i really hope i'm wrong because there's so much MK stuff i still want from PCS.....maybe he'll just continue to do 1/3 MK stuff two or three times a year as the 1/3 line seems to be doing better than the MKX or Klassic lines.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 04:17 PM   #97
mkkollector81
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
Yeah they said Netherealm is all Injustice 2 at the moment but i think there's a possibility of Jerry moving on from MK, sales haven't been good for the last MKX and Klassic pieces ( not counting 1/3 ) and he's pursuing other licenses.

Of course i really hope i'm wrong because there's so much MK stuff i still want from PCS.....maybe he'll just continue to do 1/3 MK stuff two or three times a year as the 1/3 line seems to be doing better than the MKX or Klassic lines.
I wouldn't say the 1:3 sells better. They sellout mostly because the ES is low and their isn't 2 or 3 different versions of the same statue with the ES being a way larger number
mkkollector81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 10:12 PM   #98
Dr_Jengo
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post

Jerry said WB is busy with Injustice now so it will be June before we hear anything regarding MK. He also mentioned PCS is definitely continuing the MK line..
Dr_Jengo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 12:20 PM   #99
Old Snake
Kindly Asked To Leave

I don't think Sonya on the Kitana body is such a bad idea, unless you're getting all three displayed next to each other.
Old Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 03:00 PM   #100
ukshaun
Hercules

(spotted this post today)

'We literally had her completed done from a sculpt perspective and printed. Kiss pose just didn’t look right when printed. Now that NYCC is over we are going to try some different options.' - Pop Culture Shock Collectibles, Inc

Good to know PCS are still working on Sonya Blade

Kiss pose. I'm sure PCS can do better.

The kick pose works well

This could work

They could always re work the kiss pose ..as HIVE kinda got it wrong.

PCS/HIVE Note: Sonya Blade has large black earrings. Look closely at her belt. Note position of Ponytail on head (HIVE placed it too low).
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote