Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 09-29-2018, 09:53 AM   #181
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
I’m waiting for that Rose PF from Sideshow...should be epic.

It'll certainly be very collectible as I doubt they'll sell many.

Surprising news regarding KK, I thought (and was hoping tbh) she was a goner for sure.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 01:47 AM   #182
qz33
Doctor Doom

People need to realize that Kathleen Kennedy isn't autonomous.
She can only enable the stories with which she is presented as well as the release demands with which she is tasked.

I'd imagine she has accomplished her intended duties with high satisfaction.

I fear the torchbearer of the most beloved aspects of Star Wars has recently passed away.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 04:23 AM   #183
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
People need to realize that Kathleen Kennedy isn't autonomous.
She can only enable the stories with which she is presented as well as the release demands with which she is tasked.

I'd imagine she has accomplished her intended duties with high satisfaction.

I fear the torchbearer of the most beloved aspects of Star Wars has recently passed away.
My understanding was Disney gave her free reign like they did with Marvel Studios, the only thing Disney wanted was 1 movie a year like Marvel does...

She's fired so many directors, she's pretty much made all the plots center around strong female characters while the male characters are usually dumb morons who either feeling sorry for themselves (IE Luke) or makes lots of mistakes and they need the female characters to save the day (IE TLJ)

And this is her doing, hell she had a T-Shirt that said the Force is Female.... Given the main demographic viewer is male it's puzzling why she's pushing such a strong feminist agenda with Star Wars...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 10:35 AM   #184
SONICobra
Batman

the rumor is shes got 3 years to wrap her sh_t up then shes out
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 11:23 AM   #185
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
And this is her doing, hell she had a T-Shirt that said the Force is Female.... Given the main demographic viewer is male it's puzzling why she's pushing such a strong feminist agenda with Star Wars...
To be fair, “the force” is a feminine word in most languages. Of course, this is a hard concept to understand for neutral English speakers, but for people around the world is a linguistic fact. Not trying to defend her. Just making an observation.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 12:45 PM   #186
JoeWorf
The Herculoids

Quote:
... And this is her doing, hell she had a T-Shirt that said the Force is Female.... Given the main demographic viewer is male it's puzzling why she's pushing such a strong feminist agenda with Star Wars...
Think what you like about Kennedy, rightly or wrongly, but to keep the record straight, that t-shirt "thing" was a pre-existing NIKE ad, okay? You may argue she co-opted it for her own purposes, but please keep it factual and with full disclosure. Just saying.... carry on.

https://bentcorner.com/the-force-is-female/
JoeWorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 01:53 PM   #187
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
the rumor is shes got 3 years to wrap her sh_t up then shes out
Kennedy should be fetching coffee not producing, she's a complete disaster. Instead she failed upward, and to give her three more years is an insult to fans.
I'm fairly certain she has dirt on someone, probably Spielberg or Lucas or BOTH.
If she didn't and they had any sense they'd have booted her out the door so hard she'd need a passport for return from wherever she landed.
armitage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 02:21 PM   #188
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
She's fired so many directors, she's pretty much made all the plots center around strong female characters while the male characters are usually dumb morons who either feeling sorry for themselves (IE Luke) or makes lots of mistakes and they need the female characters to save the day (IE TLJ)
Well, as you wrote in a previous post, it's okay to have a feminist message as long as a movie's made well. The problem with these new Star Wars movies is that they're written horribly (by men, btw).

Instead of hiring fanboys to write and direct these movies, they need to get filmmakers with experience and who're also team players. Someone like Ron Howard seems like such an obvious choice to work on a Star Wars movie. He should've been a director from Day 1, not an emergency replacement for two people more interested in comedy rather than adventure. (While I won't watch it, the consensus here at SF.com seems to be that Solo was actually a decent movie after all the behind-the-scenes drama.)
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 02:38 PM   #189
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by armitage View Post
Kennedy should be fetching coffee not producing, she's a complete disaster. Instead she failed upward, and to give her three more years is an insult to fans.
I'm fairly certain she has dirt on someone, probably Spielberg or Lucas or BOTH.
If she didn't and they had any sense they'd have booted her out the door so hard she'd need a passport for return from wherever she landed.
i was watching a video on this last night theorizing that the 3 year extension is not necessarily a win for her. disney has stated they are slowing down SW movies and pushed ep IX back a year. i dont think they could get anyone to currently take over this mess so theyre letting her wrap her trilogy up before handing the franchise over to someone else
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 02:46 PM   #190
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
i was watching a video on this last night theorizing that the 3 year extension is not necessarily a win for her. disney has stated they are slowing down SW movies and pushed ep IX back a year. i dont think they could get anyone to currently take over this mess so theyre letting her wrap her trilogy up before handing the franchise over to someone else
Episode 9 is still scheduled for December 2019. The only Disney Star Wars movie that wasn't released in December was this year's Solo.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote