Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 03-06-2019, 05:51 PM   #971
Phazed
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
that sucks, sorry to learn its broken. I would email them asap and send pictures to detail the break. Then after 24 hrs I usually call them to make sure they are working on it.

In my experience SS will take care of this for you as soon as they have a replacement in stock.

Good Luck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gollum View Post
So sorry to hear that your Catwoman is broken

Is it like the photos in post 901

Page 91

Sounds like another colllectors problem
Thanks guys; I emailed them, probably will just go for a return. It is similar to that defect on page 91; the boot is literally movable (rotatable) and because it is the part that plugs into the base, the rest of the body is very unsteady.
Phazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 11:02 PM   #972
Jiggatron69
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazed View Post
Thanks guys; I emailed them, probably will just go for a return. It is similar to that defect on page 91; the boot is literally movable (rotatable) and because it is the part that plugs into the base, the rest of the body is very unsteady.
Sorry to hear you had the same problem. Mine wasnt as nearly as bad as yours but over time it probably would have developed into a serious issue or a major pimp lean. Since you can order 2 per account, i would recommend just ordering another one as soon as you can because probability is high SS offers you a full refund for her. If you prefer to wait for a full refund, itll probably take a few weeks. My refund is still processing and i sent mine in last week before i left on my trip. From what ive read so far, its just always better to go this route as replacements take forever and have high probability of being sub optimal and $100 credit to accept a broken $1000 piece is just not something i would opt to go with. It will end up costing you 5-6 times that just to get it fixed in the future.
Jiggatron69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 01:49 PM   #973
Glencairn
The Spirit

I wonder if all these broken legs are because there isn't any styro corner protectors between art box and shipper this time, no idea why P1 left them out...
Glencairn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 01:51 PM   #974
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glencairn View Post
I wonder if all these broken legs are because there isn't any styro corner protectors between art box and shipper this time, no idea why P1 left them out...
Sideshow has stopped using them, as well.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 01:56 PM   #975
Shoo
Hercules

My Ex has arrived. Gorgeous statue, great paint apps as usual with Prime 1 (that skin...), but I've joined the broken legged Selina club.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 02:07 PM   #976
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

Sorry to hear that Shoo. Ugh, now I’m getting nervous.
bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 02:15 PM   #977
floreairfoot
Sinister Six

Jesus... why does his have to be an issue. Ugh. Does SS need to start inspecting them?
floreairfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 04:28 PM   #978
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Sideshow has stopped using them, as well.
Almost none of my Sideshow statues shipped with them. It was rare that I've had those corner protectors with a Sideshow statue. They actually were there on the Campbell Tinkerbell I got yesterday, though.

I think all of the P1 statues I've received have had them, although the last ones were definitely less thick than the ones I've received before.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 04:55 PM   #979
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Really sad to see multiple people getting broken legs. It makes me really nervous for when I get mine.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 05:10 PM   #980
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

I don't get why they ship the boxes that way. Those foam corner protectors are not as secure as it would be to just have the outer boxes close enough in size to the inner box to where there isn't really any space between them.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote