Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 11-14-2022, 08:17 AM   #711
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
I?m hoping this goes for the daily deal sale.

Brother, fck hope! You gotta plan for this thing, through any/all means. Rp, discounts, trades, give blood, .....whatever it takes. Just get it.

You will be pleased. Good luck.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 08:34 AM   #712
Divo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pau123 View Post
Somebody is happy =)

Happy? Pleased? Pau123 did you not read? As this Venom still has me gratefully on my knees!

Seriously, I'm thrilled, as this is a great one.

But to be fair, as with ALL our statue purchases, the only drawback is we don't get the depth of the proto paint apps, & have to settle for a simplified version. Not to say that the paint is bad, but it is watered down. Everything else is perfect.

P.S. Watching the half dozen Venom reviews on youtube, I noticed a pattern where reviewers were forgetting to add the Goblin glider to the base, which i found strange, since the half glider is huge. Then,....................... it happened to me.

As I initially built the statue, I did remember to place the glider in position first, and did. But getting Venom's body to sit, initially was a challenge, so I removed the glider, smoothed out the peg, & Venom slid in with a heavy thud, seamless, tight. So I proceeded to built up the sculpt, and with every addition(?), you marvel. Once built, I've been transfixed ever since.

My point being, is that this Venom sculpt is so good, that it took me two days of constant gazing to even notice that i forgot to add the Goblin glider back to the base! The "forgetful" reviewers was no accident. This thing has a lot going on, and your eyes will roam with delight(s), for years to come.
Old 11-21-2022, 08:02 AM   #713
Divo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post

I can't believe this killer Venom sculpt has already fallen down the thread line?!

It's been about a week now, & every time i pass this sculpt, i come to a full stop, and can't help but to take it all in, ................all over again.

A truly masterful work, which offers a sense of depth/motion, (akin to Juggs), that is rarely captured in statue form, as my other statues will attest to. A killer's vibe, & simply a steal of a deal.

P.S. When viewing Venom within the trio pic, Symbiote Spidey's stance indicates he "he wants no part of him", & will be wisely sitting this one out. Carnage's posture is a defensive/startled one, as this magnificently monstrous Venom passes through, like da boss, arms flung back, sniffing out Parker for a final attack.

A Canale masterpiece that hasn't caught-on yet.
Old 11-22-2022, 11:22 PM   #714
pau123
Sailor Moon

Just got Carnage, Venom still waiting on him.
pau123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 08:06 AM   #715
Divo

Quote:
Just got Carnage, Venom still waiting on him.

A pulse?! This magnificent Venom, and the collecting community still live?! About fcking time.

Seriously, I'm the opposite, as i'm waiting for Carnage, to join Sym. Spidey & Venom, & then I'll see, all three.

All sculpts in this trio are fantastic, but even now, I have no doubts that this Venom will be the anchor, focal point. Venom's sheer size, movement, depth, presence, will not/cannot be ignored,.......... and it won't.

P.S. What's your take on Carnage?
Old 11-23-2022, 10:57 PM   #716
pau123
Sailor Moon

Carnage color is just right and the pose is excellent. He is bigger than previous carnage for sure.
Old 11-24-2022, 08:05 AM   #717
Divo

Quote:
Carnage color is just right and the pose is excellent. He is bigger than previous carnage for sure.

Sounds good, as the trio needs a splash of colour. Blood red.

As for size, I'm curious to see how this Carnage version compares with the OG Canale comiquette? New Venom dwarfs OG comi, hoping new Carnage can size-up properly to Spiderman comi, which is oversized.

If scaling works out, I may consider the unthinkable, & sell-off the Venom & Carnage OGs, & replace them with these.

Anyhow, hope my hyping for this Venom sculpt lives-up, & you'll dig it as much as I do. I think you will.

P.S. Dig everything about this Venom, as even the portrait has been surprisingly more "effective" in person than previously imagined. Conveys movement, purpose, drama, dread.

However, as is, the portrait conveys a hunting, "hide & seek" sort of vibe, where Parker is still undetected, & Venom is actively on the hunt, seeking, searching, lurking. But, if Venom's lower jaw was opened wide, agape, drooling/slobbering, conveying a much more immediate, menacing, violent action/reaction?

Then we would get a totally different vibe. One where Venom has, at that very moment frozen in sculpt, found Parker! Adding a much more heightened sense of drama/dread, immediacy to the work. Still a great sculpt.

P.P.S. Just checked SS "seconds", and this thing is at $550.00. Unbelievable.
Old 11-24-2022, 11:02 PM   #718
pau123
Sailor Moon

I think this carnage might even be larger than the previous spidey pf. OG Carnage is too bulky for me personally, this one is more right, lean but still muscular.
Old 11-29-2022, 01:33 PM   #719
JAWS

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Snatched it. Thanks!
JAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 10:50 PM   #720
pau123
Sailor Moon

Great deal