Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music > Audio/Video Sales & Hot Deals Links

Old 08-30-2011, 04:30 PM   #1011
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
BTW I just noticed The Twilight Zone Season 5 is down to $48.49.
Already ordered my friend. I didn't post it because I think I'm the only TZ fan on here, at least that has any interest in buying the series on Blu-ray. As a life long fan, these sets have been a dream. The quality is outstanding, best the show has ever looked, really great sets with a wealth of info on the show. This is one of the best examples of a re-release that's worth the upgrade.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 07:02 PM   #1012
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
Already ordered my friend. I didn't post it because I think I'm the only TZ fan on here, at least that has any interest in buying the series on Blu-ray. As a life long fan, these sets have been a dream. The quality is outstanding, best the show has ever looked, really great sets with a wealth of info on the show. This is one of the best examples of a re-release that's worth the upgrade.
I'm a fan too, though not as die hard as yourself. I've toyed with the idea of getting a season or 2 but I'm not sure if I need all of them. Any recommendations on what season is the best if I was to get just one? I was leaning towards Season 1 as it has a lot of my favorite episodes but I could never decide.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 11:50 PM   #1013
Marvelito

Quote:
I'm a fan too, though not as die hard as yourself. I've toyed with the idea of getting a season or 2 but I'm not sure if I need all of them. Any recommendations on what season is the best if I was to get just one? I was leaning towards Season 1 as it has a lot of my favorite episodes but I could never decide.
If you were just to get one, I would definitely get the 1st season. You'll be surprised how many of the most classic and well know episodes came out of that season. I was blown away, when I watched the 1st season DVD set, a few years back when it was released. It's more surprising watching the show by season, in chronological order. What a first season!

I have owned the series on DVD when they were releasing them on single disc sets, all mixed up, not by season. I then sold those off, and bought the season sets which I also sold, and have now been buying the Blu-ray sets. Hands down, the blu-rays are the best treatment this series has ever gotten. If you're even a bit more than a casual fan, I know you'll get hooked watching these, and if you are just a casual fan I can see you becoming more than that.

1st season is definitely a safe bet though.

So far, $45 is about as good as it's gotten price wise. I don't see it going much lower for a while. The DVD sets held pretty tight at just under full price for ages. I got them all from a Deep Discount DVD sale for $30 a season. Who knows what the holiday sales will bring though.

Anyway, let me know what you think, if you get it.
Old 08-31-2011, 01:49 AM   #1014
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Thanks for the advice Tony. I think I am going to go with Season 1 to start. I might pick up Season 2 down the road as well as it has a few of my favorites like "Eye of the Beholder," "Long Distance Call" and "The Howling Man." There are a lot on there that I don't remember though.
Old 08-31-2011, 03:06 AM   #1015
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

I have TZ on Netflix, Tony.. though owning it on Blu-Ray is the way to go for sure.

Fantastic series.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 12:09 PM   #1016
Marvelito

Quote:
Thanks for the advice Tony. I think I am going to go with Season 1 to start. I might pick up Season 2 down the road as well as it has a few of my favorites like "Eye of the Beholder," "Long Distance Call" and "The Howling Man." There are a lot on there that I don't remember though.
The Howling Man!!! One of my all time favorites! I have always thought that this story could be fleshed out, and turned into a great movie.
Old 08-31-2011, 12:10 PM   #1017
Marvelito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonus View Post
owning it on Blu-Ray is the way to go for sure.

Fantastic series.
Old 08-31-2011, 03:56 PM   #1018
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
The Howling Man!!! One of my all time favorites! I have always thought that this story could be fleshed out, and turned into a great movie.
Agreed.
Old 08-31-2011, 04:10 PM   #1019
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Star Wars: The Complete Saga: Limited Edition Film Cell
The Phantom Menace / Attack of the Clones / Revenge of the Sith / A New Hope / The Empire Strikes Back / Return of the Jedi)

£57.37 (was: £67.49)

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Star-W...ray/19625/?e=1
Old 09-07-2011, 11:31 AM   #1020
dr_teng

Amazon's deal of the day today is Dexter seasons 1-5 for $124.99

Nearly 60% off, pretty nice discount.