Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 03-31-2019, 11:47 PM   #441
OM1D
Doh!

After nearly a month in my possession, I finally broke the seals of this m-m-monster. Unfortunately, I discovered a rather serious issue straight off the bat; the Tippett-signed plaque on the base is missing and nowhere to be found. By the looks of it, it might've never been attached/glued on in the first place. Here's a close-up of the problem:
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190331_211516.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	271.9 KB
ID:	122371

It's a shame really, because the statue itself is amazing. That missing Tippett touch is a deal-breaker, though. Not just emotionally, but also from a base aesthetic POV. Has anyone had or heard of this issue before?

I've reached out to Chronicle and am awaiting their response. If Paul or anyone else from CC sees this here, please help.
OM1D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 03:08 AM   #442
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Where did you buy it? Are you sure it was never opened?
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 03:18 AM   #443
OM1D
Doh!

The shipper was factory-sealed, and once I opened the art box up everything was factory-wrapped. Nothing looks suspect outside of the glaring elephant-sized hole that is the missing plaque. Very peculiar.
Old 04-01-2019, 01:41 PM   #444
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OM1D View Post
The shipper was factory-sealed, and once I opened the art box up everything was factory-wrapped. Nothing looks suspect outside of the glaring elephant-sized hole that is the missing plaque. Very peculiar.
Did you buy from a store or a person?
Old 04-01-2019, 03:08 PM   #445
OM1D
Doh!

Person. Why?
Old 04-02-2019, 02:14 AM   #446
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Wow that’s a strange one not seen that ‘defect’ before. By the looks of things a nameplate was never attached as there’s no glue residue, just the marks where they keyed the surface ready to attach the nameplate. Will be a difficult one to get sorted unless chronicle have any spares lying around, though I’m guessing Phil would’ve just signed the amount that were produced. Hope it gets sorted for you, it is an awesome piece.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 03:00 PM   #447
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Person. Why?
It just seems more likely it was opened previously coming from a person, did you check both top and bottom seals for resealing evidence? That is really bad QC if it left the factory like that.
Old 04-06-2019, 03:19 PM   #448
OM1D
Doh!

Yes, I'm actually very fussy about that as I collect the shippers too (don't judge me ) and always buy them factory-sealed. Both sides of the shipper were sealed, obviously with only one layer of tape.

Chronicle, replying the next morning, said they had one signed plaque left, taken from a returned, damaged statue they've used for parts. The plaque is supposedly fine, though. So they're sending me that, along with a new, blank plaque, plus the exclusive remote and art work. Everything free of charge, including shipping. Can't complain, really, as the statue is fantastic otherwise. So is their service, spearheaded by Heather.

All is well.
Old 04-06-2019, 05:29 PM   #449
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

That's a good example of why I never like to buy or sell sealed statues, not worth getting something with issues. Glad it worked out this time for you.
Old 04-06-2019, 05:39 PM   #450
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Yes, I'm actually very fussy about that as I collect the shippers too (don't judge me ) and always buy them factory-sealed. Both sides of the shipper were sealed, obviously with only one layer of tape.

Chronicle, replying the next morning, said they had one signed plaque left, taken from a returned, damaged statue they've used for parts. The plaque is supposedly fine, though. So they're sending me that, along with a new, blank plaque, plus the exclusive remote and art work. Everything free of charge, including shipping. Can't complain, really, as the statue is fantastic otherwise. So is their service, spearheaded by Heather.

All is well.
Wow.

That’s some incredible customer service. 5 year old, sold out product you didn’t even buy from them...WOW. Bravo, Chronicle!!! Two thumbs up
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote