Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 04-29-2019, 09:53 AM   #1
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

Questions about Avengers Endgame (SPOILERS)

I was going to post this in the main Endgame thread, but ended up with so many questions and that thread is already so large that I didn't want them being lost within it.

Even after seeing the movie twice and going over a number of youtube videos about the film, I'm still a little unclear on some points. Would love to hear your thoughts and people can try to get some answers for any other questions they may have.

****SPOILERS BELOW****

1. Who actually puts mayonnaise on a hot dog?
2. Did Captain Marvel meet the Avengers as per the post-credit scene in her movie before going out to find Stark and Nebula?
3. Do you think the earthquake under the ocean was foreshadowing for Namor and Atlantis?
4. When 2023 Cap was fighting 2012 Cap I was expecting to see a clear difference in fighting skill and strength in favor of 2023 Cap. I’ve had the impression from each film to film, since The First Avenger, that Cap was simply getting better. Anyone else think this?
5. Nebula fails to return to the future with Rhodey and loses consciousness in the Temple of the Power Stone. At no point does Korath show up as he did in Guardians at that scene. Do you think it was because of changes to the timeline caused by Thanos becoming aware of the future through 2014 Nebula holographic projections?
6. Are the souls of both Gamora and Black Widow trapped in some way by the soul stone? Will this be used in the future in order to get them back?
7. Nebula 2014, impersonating her future self, is brought to 2023 along with the other Avengers. But if she gave the Pym particles to Thanos, how could this have happened?
8. The “cavalry” at the final battle include the return of the dusted heroes, the Wakandan army and airforce, Valkyrie, Miek, Korg, the Asgardian warriors, Wong, other magicians, Wasp, the Ravagers, Pepper in her Rescue armor and Howard the Duck. Did I miss anyone?
9. Where does Rhodey’s new armor come from? Was it already somewhere at the Avengers Facility main building and was buried along with them?
10. How was Tony, a mortal man, able to even momentarily survive long enough to use the power of the all six stones when even one was too much for Peter Quill, the son of Ego? Was his armor protecting him? Did having the arc reactor in his body for years change him in some way? Is it simply because “he is Iron Man”?
11. What happened to Gamora 2014 after Stark’s snap? Was she dusted with the rest of Thanos’ army? Did she slip away and find a way off Earth?
12. Were we supposed to think old man Steve lived out his second chance at life with Peggy in the main MCU timeline or in an alternate timeline? The way the scene played out it seemed like he was already sitting on the bench even before his younger self left. Doesn’t this go against what they set up in terms of their time travel theory used for the film?
13. The details on the shield he gives Sam are slightly different than his old one. Is this actually a completely different shield that he gets from someone else?
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 10:03 AM   #2
Mister H
Green Goblin

What did Cap and Red Skull talk about when he returned the Soul Stone?
Why did he he return the stones by himself?
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 10:08 AM   #3
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Why did he he return the stones by himself?
Cap knew he wasn't coming back and didn't want anyone else along who could interfere with his plans. I do think he had an off screen conversation with Bucky asking if he also wanted to go back to 1945, but for whatever reasons Bucky did not.
Old 04-29-2019, 10:13 AM   #4
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
What did Cap and Red Skull talk about when he returned the Soul Stone?
I love Lucy
Moon landings
Berlin wall (up + down)
Steve jobs (Apple)
Disco
Thai food
Star wars / Trek
Nirvana (band)
Rocky (Rocky II?)
Troubleman (Soundtrack)
Old 04-29-2019, 10:16 AM   #5
Mister H
Green Goblin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetragrammaton View Post
13. The details on the shield he gives Sam are slightly different than his old one. Is this actually a completely different shield that he gets from someone else?
I noticed that too. The seam in the first silver ring of the shield. At first I thought about Cap’s shield breaking but I don’t see how it could have anything to do with Thanos breaking his shield (which was dumb I thought), maybe them messing around with time caused slight differences in how things played out in the future. Makes me wonder if they created Marvel’s Multiverse by doing this.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 10:27 AM   #6
Augen
The Hulk

1. My Dad, along with peanut butter
2. Before, I think and was sent to get him...not explicit.
3. Maybe, or a reason to have Captain Marvel be out of the story for most of it.
4. Must be tricky to fight yourself and possibly Cap is wearing down a bit?
5. Yes.
6. Maybe, but my guess is Natasha and Gamora 1.0 are gone
7. Have to watch again
8. I don't think so...
9. My guess is tons of armors all around, Tony seems to always have a new one too.
10. Plot first...maybe the nano armor helped. It was cool.
11. Find out in Guardians of the Galaxy 3!
12. Time travel melts my brain. Steve got his happy ending, I don't know logistics.
13. Maybe he got it from Howard and it was slightly different, lot we don't see.
Augen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 10:29 AM   #7
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
1. My Dad, along with peanut butter
Please be joking.
Old 04-29-2019, 10:32 AM   #8
Augen
The Hulk

Quote:
Please be joking.
Sometimes banana too.

Wash it down with a lager beer.
Augen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 10:45 AM   #9
statman
Baron Zemo

Quote:
I was going to post this in the main Endgame thread, but ended up with so many questions and that thread is already so large that I didn't want them being lost within it.

Even after seeing the movie twice and going over a number of youtube videos about the film, I'm still a little unclear on some points. Would love to hear your thoughts and people can try to get some answers for any other questions they may have.

****SPOILERS BELOW****

1. Who actually puts mayonnaise on a hot dog?
I did as a kid. Nowadays it's mustard and/or ketchup unless I have chili. No relish though. Blah!

2. Did Captain Marvel meet the Avengers as per the post-credit scene in her movie before going out to find Stark and Nebula?

You would have to assume so. To me that was poor storytelling. You would have to have watched Captain Marvel AND sit through the end credits to have any idea why she would show up in this scene other than random happenstance.

3. Do you think the earthquake under the ocean was foreshadowing for Namor and Atlantis?
I hope so! Seems to make sense. Otherwise why even mention it?

4. When 2023 Cap was fighting 2012 Cap I was expecting to see a clear difference in fighting skill and strength in favor of 2023 Cap. I’ve had the impression from each film to film, since The First Avenger, that Cap was simply getting better. Anyone else think this?
Experience yes, strength probably not. 2012 Cap is 11 years younger, so he would presumably be stronger.

5. Nebula fails to return to the future with Rhodey and loses consciousness in the Temple of the Power Stone. At no point does Korath show up as he did in Guardians at that scene. Do you think it was because of changes to the timeline caused by Thanos becoming aware of the future through 2014 Nebula holographic projections?

Probably.

6. Are the souls of both Gamora and Black Widow trapped in some way by the soul stone? Will this be used in the future in order to get them back?
Hopefully. I think that Asguardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 will involve the search for Gamora and they will wind up meeting Adam Warlock who eventually gains control of the soul stone. This is how they will get them back. Maybe.

7. Nebula 2014, impersonating her future self, is brought to 2023 along with the other Avengers. But if she gave the Pym particles to Thanos, how could this have happened?
Plot hole.

8. The “cavalry” at the final battle include the return of the dusted heroes, the Wakandan army and airforce, Valkyrie, Miek, Korg, the Asgardian warriors, Wong, other magicians, Wasp, the Ravagers, Pepper in her Rescue armor and Howard the Duck. Did I miss anyone?

HtD was in there? I totally missed that! LOL

9. Where does Rhodey’s new armor come from? Was it already somewhere at the Avengers Facility main building and was buried along with them?
Another plot hole.

10. How was Tony, a mortal man, able to even momentarily survive long enough to use the power of the all six stones when even one was too much for Peter Quill, the son of Ego? Was his armor protecting him? Did having the arc reactor in his body for years change him in some way? Is it simply because “he is Iron Man”?
"I AM IRON MAN". Nuff said! LOL

11. What happened to Gamora 2014 after Stark’s snap? Was she dusted with the rest of Thanos’ army? Did she slip away and find a way off Earth?
I think she was part of the Hulk snap dusting. He wouldn't have know to single her out as one good person amongst the 1000's of bad guys that came from 2014.

12. Were we supposed to think old man Steve lived out his second chance at life with Peggy in the main MCU timeline or in an alternate timeline? The way the scene played out it seemed like he was already sitting on the bench even before his younger self left. Doesn’t this go against what they set up in terms of their time travel theory used for the film?

yet another plot hole.

I noticed the slight differences as well. Maybe another prototype that Howard Stark was working on in the past. This time made of... Adamantium!

My answers in bold...
statman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 10:59 AM   #10
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

Thanks statman.... and I was only kidding about Howard.