Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 10-20-2022, 07:47 PM   #41
SONICobra
Batman

Hard to say, that base is not only large but elaborate - lots of molds / materials / paintwork plus almost an additional complete character. There’s a $100 price difference between the reg and deluxe for the portraits alone. A smaller base in addition to the solo portrait would have had a noticeable price difference I think
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 08:43 PM   #42
Iko Iko
Fantomah

I said in post #10 of this thread that this will be cancelled (mainly due to probable low interest in this version of Batman) but after seeing the price, this will ABSOLUTELY be cancelled. Insane!
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 10:40 PM   #43
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Guess they should’ve said it’s 1/3 scale like they did with Zero Year.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2022, 12:41 AM   #44
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
im glad i got the P1 pieces i did when i did, i feel for new collectors who are just getting going. at least SS is doing a good job of keeping things "reasonable" theyre just not really producing anything new and exciting lately imo

i get that production costs are higher for multiple reasons, i get it, then maybe take that into consideration when youre designing a super elaborate statue with a HUGE base of a niche character to keep the price reasonable for customers who actually would want it. i mean is that such a bizarre concept? they could have made a kick ass statue here on a much simpler base, still kept it relatively dynamic but hey - thats not the prime1 way - everythings gotta be over the top and only affordable for the most elite collector

I'm going to go on record, this will sell....period.

When will we learn, these guys have a much better handle on what sells and what doesn't. I'm not saying they're always right, but the world of statue collecting is much bigger than StatueForum.com.

Who really knows why they cancel a particular statue, sure we speculate, but we really don't know the real reason.

Prime1 are most likely watching how the market is evolving, and seeing it bear the likes of JND WW JL, and their own Jungle Hunter Predator - and they're probably thinking the price of this statue will find some traction, with some buyers - and they're right.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2022, 08:39 AM   #45
SONICobra
Batman

im not saying youre wrong but P1 cancels more statues than any other company and when they announce it they say its due to "lack of interest". as its been pointed out though this is batman and that may save it but im not sure how many of the three versions of this $1600-1700 statue theyre actually going to make. if they do follow through with this it will definitely end up in their bargain bin sale eventually
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2022, 10:49 AM   #46
Mister H
Youngblood

Nicely sculpted statue but it’s from a very brief, novelty type storyline from a less than legendary time in comics. I don’t see anyone caring about this two years from now.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2022, 11:57 AM   #47
MPCanes
The X-Men

This one has canceled written all over it. Cool piece, too, so that’s a shame.
MPCanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2022, 12:04 PM   #48
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
im not saying youre wrong but P1 cancels more statues than any other company and when they announce it they say its due to "lack of interest". as its been pointed out though this is batman and that may save it but im not sure how many of the three versions of this $1600-1700 statue theyre actually going to make. if they do follow through with this it will definitely end up in their bargain bin sale eventually
if that happens I will buy it just for sh*ts and giggles.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2022, 10:09 PM   #49
Iko Iko
Fantomah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
if that happens I will buy it just for sh*ts and giggles.
We'll hold you to that
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2023, 12:14 AM   #50
Asuka
Fantastic Four

Cancelled. Not surprising at all. No one talked about this one. Hellbat is next, calling it.
Asuka is offline   Reply With Quote