Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > CoolProps / Imaginarium

Old 04-29-2017, 02:00 PM   #101
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectorcol View Post
Surprised you got a shipping quote this early from SS.

CP P2 Bust is saying $377.

I didn't, I used the similarly sized warrior and Dog which are close to shipping. There is no shipping quote for this Big Chap, but it is the same size, and presumably the same weight so it should be about the same cost.

Yeah, the P2 shipping is crazy and hasn't changed at all. That's why I don't own one unfortunately.

Edit: Ignore me, I missed the post above that you were referring too..
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 02:00 PM   #102
ALIEN
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectorcol View Post
Surprised you got a shipping quote this early from SS.

CP P2 Bust is saying $377.
I didn't, it was a guess, that's why i put a question mark at the end of the shipping price.

This hobby is getting tooooo expensive!
ALIEN
ALIEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 07:37 PM   #103
SteveL.
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cratercritter View Post
Yeah...That is pretty heavy. I wonder if that is the equivalent 'Dimensional Weight' based on the shipping box dimensions, or the actual shipping weight.
It's most likely 'DIM' weight.Everything is calculated by the shipping "Cartels" in DIM weight now,not actual weight til' you reach a certain limit.If your package is actually heavier than the DIM weight,then they charge you extra on top of that.

They don't like the fact that online ordering has increased the amount of bigger, but lighter weight boxes, that are taking up more and more space in their planes and trucks. It reduces efficiency when your whole business is based on moving tonnage.

The DIM weight formula they came up with essentially charges a higher calculated weight for everything over a certain size to compensate for the larger space being taking up, that didn't have the expected weight.

They have "think tanks" that figure out formulas for what the maximum amount of space and weight that those planes and trucks should be able to fit based on standard package data. The trend of shipping lighter items in bigger boxes screws with that 'tried and true' formula.
SteveL. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 03:31 PM   #104
ALIEN
Sinister Six

NEWS ON THE WEIGHT

Had a reply from Coolprops and this is what they had to say :

Regarding to your question, the head with the base wont be as heavy as 91 pounds.<br>
It is not confirmed yet how heavy that will be in the production, but it will almost going to be a little<br>
heavier than other life-size heads we have.

This was pleasing to hear.
ALIEN
Old 05-01-2017, 03:58 PM   #105
Manu81
The Spirit

GREAT ALIEN!! when do you think we will see a production bust??
Manu81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 04:44 PM   #106
ALIEN
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manu81 View Post
GREAT ALIEN!! when do you think we will see a production bust??
Hi Manu81

Wow, it's a small world, fancy meeting you here .

I put 4 questions to Coolprops so hoping to get another reply and then i'll leave them alone for a while.

As for when we will see a production piece.....I really wishes i could tell you mate.
They are going to flog those prototype images for months & months until something is ready.

You never know, may get some updates along the way .

ALIEN
Old 05-01-2017, 05:27 PM   #107
Manu81
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALIEN View Post
Hi Manu81

Wow, it's a small world, fancy meeting you here .

I put 4 questions to Coolprops so hoping to get another reply and then i'll leave them alone for a while.

As for when we will see a production piece.....I really wishes i could tell you mate.
They are going to flog those prototype images for months & months until something is ready.

You never know, may get some updates along the way .

ALIEN
thanks Alien!! in fact, We are talkimg since long time ago, I think in sideshow forum in the neca's figures post (from the 1/4 big chap release I think). your nick name is easy to remember!lol! Also I read you in coolprops facebook where I posted aswell!jaja.I am always looking for news about alien figures and now with this bust, I am in internet more than I should br...I hope to PO it very soon did you already PO?

looking for these 4answers from coolprops lol
Manu81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 08:24 PM   #108
MK Ultra
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Tis a thing a beauty!! Guys if one of you could get this message over to Coolprops, to make sure to hit the front of that glass dome with a bit of black/grey paint or whatever, just haze it up a bit. So we don't see that skull too much, why does everybody leave the skull uncovered? was never visible in the film. Cinemaquette are the only ones that ever got that little detail right, "YOU DON'T SEE THE EYES AND IT'S SCARIER" Giger said many times. Put that little detail on your "to do" list Coolprops please. Now all that is missing, all we need is the 1/1 Giger Alien FULL FIGURE.
MK Ultra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 10:59 PM   #109
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

Sadly the fine details have never been captured in any product to the degree I want to see.

The clear tendons were thin as condoms, because that's what they used, chrome teeth, again condoms used for the retractable lips, everything is very fine and perhaps it's too much to expect studio level appearance of a mass produced product.

CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 03:38 AM   #110
Python
Omega Red

The above images are of different heads to be fair and the bottom one only had its dome painted over for the final scene if I remember correctly? It might have been another scene but it wasn't opaque for the entire movie. Also, I imagine the tendons were changed regularly due to their perishable nature. Although I agree that most companies seem to fail when trying to replicate that aspect. It could be worse though, look at the yellow plastic tendons we got on the Sideshow legendary scale busts.. I think the fact there were several different heads, that themselves changed during shooting does throw off peoples thoughts when they see a collectible that has copied a specific look. I like the one CP went with personally.

Also, it was difficult, but on a decent TV, you can very much see the skull in the movie, especially when a light source hits the Alien. I like that you can see the skull on this, I actually suspect they will darken it a little, but I wouldn't complain if it arrived looking exactly as the prototype. Props look very different on screen and after editing etc sometimes.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote