Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-03-2017, 03:49 PM   #491
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Guess I'm just an oddball who likes to have more than one version of my favorite character(s) in her collection. If I collected male statues, I'd own both Magnetos and all the Bowens that came before these two.

Lord knows I never tire of buying Storm pieces. Just waiting for somebody to do a comic correct coloring of her Jim Lee costume......Sideshow....you listening.....SILVER JIM LEE STORM PLEASE

Though I guess these debates are only about characters that are NOT the Hulk. Nobody seems to scream -- "sell that old one" when MORE Hulk crap comes up for sale. Those Gamma Bros know how to build a collection.
I don't think you're an oddball at all. I think most collectors buy more than one of at least some characters.

There are a lot of different characters I like and will buy, but not every one hits that threshold. Mags is definitely a multiple-statue kind of character for most, I'd say. Like Spider-man, Iron Man, etc.

I've got two Magnetos, and missed out on buying a few more, and none of them will be leaving before or after acquiring this new one.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 05:48 PM   #492
KingB79
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I collect a fav and move on only because of space.
KingB79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 06:13 PM   #493
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Guess I'm just an oddball who likes to have more than one version of my favorite character(s) in her collection. If I collected male statues, I'd own both Magnetos and all the Bowens that came before these two.

Lord knows I never tire of buying Storm pieces. Just waiting for somebody to do a comic correct coloring of her Jim Lee costume......Sideshow....you listening.....SILVER JIM LEE STORM PLEASE

Though I guess these debates are only about characters that are NOT the Hulk. Nobody seems to scream -- "sell that old one" when MORE Hulk crap comes up for sale. Those Gamma Bros know how to build a collection.
Yes, you are an oddball, Demona, and I am too since I have 4 one quarter Storms. I see no problem with having the same character if they are different looking statues.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 06:23 PM   #494
Killer Instinct
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
If that's the case, let the bloodbath begin again.
My Credit Card is READY! If ES is announced ahead of time and is LOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by forps View Post
Day 1, second 1, millisecond 1 po for me without even seeing a picture.
Without seeing a picture and knowing the ES will say TBD To be Determined? HELL NO! That's why SSC is OVER MAKING every single piece. Stop PO'ing until the Edition Size is announced. SIMPLE

You guys need to think about the market and how we all will get screwed over if it does burst, even for the love of the character and statue have some respect for your money and it's value when you bought the piece, Nobody should want a piece they bought to sell in the secondary market for less money than they paid for originally. That is just madness and stupidity at it's best. Unless you are a trustfund baby then have some DAMN respect for your hard earn dollars.
Killer Instinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 06:33 PM   #495
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Instinct View Post
My Credit Card is READY! If ES is announced ahead of time and is LOW!

Without seeing a picture and knowing the ES will say TBD To be Determined? HELL NO! That's why SSC is OVER MAKING every single piece. Stop PO'ing until the Edition Size is announced. SIMPLE

You guys need to think about the market and how we all will get screwed over if it does burst, even for the love of the character and statue have some respect for your money and it's value when you bought the piece, Nobody should want a piece they bought to sell in the secondary market for less money than they paid for originally. That is just madness and stupidity at it's best. Unless you are a trustfund baby then have some DAMN respect for your hard earn dollars.
Wow cool bro! I think I don't need to say anything? Saved me lots of typing
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 06:36 PM   #496
Killer Instinct
Death is hereditary.

If SSC has this superior quality control then I would have no problem throwing them extra money but they don't and it's been lacking for a while and it's a hit or miss depending on the roll of the dice.

Raise Quality up and you will deserve extra money.
Killer Instinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 06:39 PM   #497
AC_808
Hercules

Call me oddball too then ...because I'd be willing to have multiple statues of Mags.

I won't be letting go of my XM Mags even if SSC makes an out-of-this-world Mags statue!

I'm willing to have both. If the SSC Mags comes out stellar, then I'll get that too.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 06:56 PM   #498
Comicbookguy
Hercules

How come we have no pics of this sdcc? I mean all
New pics of the convention and new products from all the other companies. Did thenshow start? When if not?
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 07:02 PM   #499
Legion564
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
How come we have no pics of this sdcc? I mean all
New pics of the convention and new products from all the other companies. Did thenshow start? When if not?
Yeah but we can't even have the new thing then quality control and display areas.
Legion564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 08:36 PM   #500
Darkhumor
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
I don't think you're an oddball at all. I think most collectors buy more than one of at least some characters.

There are a lot of different characters I like and will buy, but not every one hits that threshold. Mags is definitely a multiple-statue kind of character for most, I'd say. Like Spider-man, Iron Man, etc.

I've got two Magnetos, and missed out on buying a few more, and none of them will be leaving before or after acquiring this new one.
How can you forget to add Batman to that equation, ala Prime 1 Studio's over milked knick knacks? lmao!
Darkhumor is offline   Reply With Quote