Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 01-18-2020, 07:38 PM   #521
clutch
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaboy311 View Post
I actually disagree with you in this one my good friend. is actually pretty nice and definitely better than the bust itself. the eyes and teeth are amazing too. cheers
Lol!

It just looks like it was painted by someone who was overwhelmed. I think Steve had what? Two days to paint the prototype? I know he didn't have to paint 100 but they have also had way more time and resources do do these in bulk. It is a very odd shade of green they chose.

clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 07:59 PM   #522
Ninner
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
I actually disagree with you in this one my good friend. is actually pretty nice and definitely better than the bust itself. the eyes and teeth are amazing too. cheers
Definitely have to agree to disagree on this! I’m really not a fan and maybe it’s just bad lighting but I find the colour way to tan, needs more browns and darker shades, the teeth are too white and the updated eye is too big. Not trying to rain on any parades, just my opinion. I do applaud them taking on such a huge piece, even if it was a bit overpriced.
Ninner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 08:18 PM   #523
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninner View Post
Definitely have to agree to disagree on this! I’m really not a fan and maybe it’s just bad lighting but I find the colour way to tan, needs more browns and darker shades, the teeth are too white and the updated eye is too big. Not trying to rain on any parades, just my opinion. I do applaud them taking on such a huge piece, even if it was a bit overpriced.
Definitely good points. But at least the dots are better blended.
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 08:41 PM   #524
Ninner
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Definitely good points. But at least the dots are better blended.
Did you order one?
Ninner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 08:58 PM   #525
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

And we’re back to the old lighting at home with a cell phone debate vs. studio lighting with a pro camera in 3... 2... 1...
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 09:22 PM   #526
Kefka2200
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I’m gonna laugh at everyone when we as a species actually clone a T. rex and he has freckles. Stop complaining. This is a pretty awesome piece.
Kefka2200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 09:31 PM   #527
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch View Post
Lol!

It just looks like it was painted by someone who was overwhelmed. I think Steve had what? Two days to paint the prototype? I know he didn't have to paint 100 but they have also had way more time and resources do do these in bulk. It is a very odd shade of green they chose.
It does not look "green" or anything like you are saying. That is obviously the harsh high color temp lighting. You can tell it isn't as detailed as the proto which needed to be a bit darker IMO, but for the color they chose it looks good. Going to reserve judgement till we see some more pics or get it in hand.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 12:20 AM   #528
oddlysober
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael zhang View Post
Do you have an opinion about its posture? That can only be said, you do not understand jp, do not understand sw, do not understand trex, that's not much to say.
You don't see the significance it made for the whole dinosaur history.
For painting work, Steve is responsible for restoring the painting of props. The factory presents the details perfectly.Your comments can only make people feel that you really don't understand all this
Ouch, you are hurting my feelings dude. If you are happy with you purchase, kudos mate. I hope you enjoy this piece for many years to come. Thanks, by the way, for taking the time out and sharing those photos.

Based off those photos, you seem like a dinosaur enthusiast. Is T.rex your favorite theropod? There appears to be a few in your collection.
oddlysober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 02:23 AM   #529
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninner View Post
Did you order one?
I wish!!! Would love to have it. But im the process of looking for a house.
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 04:40 AM   #530
wayne-m0
The Spirit

I have looked at both of the images and I do prefer the darker version however, I will wait to see it in person and overall I think its am amazing piece and I will be one proud and lucky owner to have one in my collection. Not sure how many will make it to the UK
wayne-m0 is offline   Reply With Quote