Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 03-15-2015, 05:27 AM   #1
Oni_Akuma_1982
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

NEW - Jerry Macaluso interview by My Collectible World !

Hello guys,

I'm really happy and proud because few days ago, I got the chance to make an exclusive interview with Jerry Macaluso. With all the projects coming and Wondercon, i did a short one because i know how much they are busy.

I really hope you'll like it

Here is the interview :

My Collectible World : We saw that you are moving to Nevada. Can you tell us why and when are you planning to do it ? Will you work remotely with sculptors such as John Cleary or the distance could be an issue. You also mentionned a store, can you tell us more about it ? 

JM : We are a growing company and Los Angeles is a very expensive place to be. We feel inhibited by the costs of doing business here so we want to move somewhere that is less expensive but still close. Nevada is only 4 hours away so I can drive to Los Angeles if I need to have a meeting (or want to visit Disneyland). The low cost of living in Nevada will also make it easier for our employees to buy homes and settle down. So far everyone that currently works in our offices likes the idea of moving. We do have some artists like John Cleary and Jon Rielly that already work from their homes outside of California so that will not change their situation.

McW : The new 1:3 Akuma statue is a masterpiece and thank you for making it real. But scrapping the old one was hard to do ? Talking about the new one, what was the hardest and the funniest part of the creative process ? Did you enjoy it more than the first one ?

JM : I really loved the first version of the 1:3 Akuma I sculpted but during Wondercon I realized it doesnt display well. Its too tall to see his face and the pose doesnt photograph well. I knew this was an important piece for the company so I wanted it to be the best it could be. Thats when I made the decision to start over. I had fun during every part of the sculpture as I gave myself as much time as I needed. There was no deadline. When it was done, it was done. Its when you are rushing to a deadline that the fun disappears.

McW : PCS is one of the best company to date and you are doing an amazing job with the different lines you got. That being said, how do you see PCS in 5 years in the world of collectibles ?

JM : Thats a good question and Im not sure what the answer is. I dont have any desire to be a giant company like Sideshow or Gentle Giant, however, Im not going to intentionally hold the company back either. Im just sort of letting it go where it wants to go. So if we become a giant company naturally, thats okay, if we stay the size we are, thats okay as well. As much as I love Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter I think the one big change I want to make it to broaden ourselves creatively. I want to do different licenses that arent video games, especially movies. The two big things I dont see us doing are Marvel and Star Wars. Ive had meetings for both of them and Its just too corporate for me. Too many restrictions on what we can do. They drained the fun out of it before we even made a deal.

McW : Street Fighter & Mortal Kombat fans are very happy with all the statues you guys are doing but do you have plans for another fighting line ? If so can you tell us more details ? If no, which one do you really want to do and why ?

JM : No more fighting games UNLESS they make another Soul Caliber, which is a personal favorite of mine. Then I would try to get those rights.

McW : Talking about the fighting lines, I have questions about your biggest one : Street Fighter. Do you have plans for a SFIVAE E.Ryu and Oni anytime soon ? Pre-order in 2015 ?

JM : No plans for an Evil Ryu right now. We will definitely do an Oni this year.

McW : We know Charlie is in Street Fighter V. Will you be making him?

JM : Of course

McW : Oro was a very good idea as the fans were waiting for him. Do you have anymore SF3 characters planned ?

JM : Yes I do. We will show the next one in the Fall

McW : Beside PCS, what do you do in your free time Jerry ? We all know you LOVE cars but we want to know more about you :-)

JM : I dont have a lot of free time and when I do I tend to sculpt as its very zen for me. There is nothing Id rather be doing than putting clay on a sculpture (not that digital crap ! JK) I play video games a little. Maybe a couple times per month. Usually adventure stuff like Last of Us because the pace is more relaxed. I cant go from running a company all day to playing SF. Thats too much. Also love my hot tub. Almost every night I spend a half hour soaking in it.

Thanks to Jerry who took his time to reply but also to Mark who worked with me on some of the questions.

Have a good day
Carmelo.

My Collectible World Page : https://www.facebook.com/MyCollectibleWorld
Oni_Akuma_1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 05:38 AM   #2
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

Cool interview. Thanks for that

So Oni is the Akuma twist! Or have I read into that wrong?
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 05:40 AM   #3
Oni_Akuma_1982

Thank you, glad you like it

Oni is the last transformation of Akuma who's completely consumed by the murderous intent of the Satsui No Hado. He's actually my favorite character ever and i can't wait to see it !

I think they will make the Akuma revisit after Oni (but not sure)
Old 03-15-2015, 05:48 AM   #4
SuperJ300
Zot

Awesome interview!

Thank you so much for this!
SuperJ300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 05:50 AM   #5
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Great job and great read! Any morsels from Jerry are always interesting and appreciated.

As for Oni, Jerry has said on multiple occasions that Oni would be made, so I don't think that is the twist he is referring to. Plus, Jerry confirmed once again that Oni is coming this year, while we also know that the Akuma revisit was pushed to 2016.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 05:54 AM   #6
Oni_Akuma_1982

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJ300 View Post
Awesome interview!

Thank you so much for this!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Great job and great read! Any morsels from Jerry are always interesting and appreciated.

As for Oni, Jerry has said on multiple occasions that Oni would be made, so I don't think that is the twist he is referring to. Plus, Jerry confirmed once again that Oni is coming this year, while we also know that the Akuma revisit was pushed to 2016.
Thank you guys, appreciate the feedbacks
Old 03-15-2015, 06:18 AM   #7
Ripsnorta
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Good read! Thanks Oni and Jerry.
Ripsnorta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 06:48 AM   #8
nongshim

Cool interview. I believe that Oni and Akuma revisit will be separate statues.

So in the game it goes Akuma < shin Akuma < Oni ??

I'm disappointed about evil Ryu news. I hope he gets made in 1/4 scale eventually. Oni and evil Ryu in 1/4 would be dream come true!

I need to get a Guile to go with Charlie. Hope there is a revisit for Guile.
nongshim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 07:55 AM   #9
sababun

Great interview!!
sababun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 08:34 AM   #10
scoobysnax
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

good job on the interview
scoobysnax is offline   Reply With Quote