Statue Forum 





StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

» Spotlight
DGK Sideshow Domino PF DGK XM Moon Knight Statue DGK P1 Gurren Lagann Full Drill Statue Clay Moore - Inside Stories
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2021, 02:12 AM   #11
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator
 
wktf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Denver Area, between Asgard and Krypton
Posts: 20,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
At least a lot better than this 'power ranger version'

https://cdn.mos.cms.futurecdn.net/kS...24-80.jpg.webp
They both suck.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 01:29 AM   #12
Gravitron
Doh!
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 6
If Marvel closed it's doors today ( and it's overdue by at least 8 years IMO) ...my bet is no one notices.
This garbage is straight up indicative of the fallen state of modern comics.
Gravitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 08:09 AM   #13
Dark-Flux
A day without sunshine is like... night.
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravitron View Post
If Marvel closed it's doors today ( and it's overdue by at least 8 years IMO) ...my bet is no one notices.
This garbage is straight up indicative of the fallen state of modern comics.
Oh right, yeah. Because Spider-man has never had a new costume in any other era of comics...
Dark-Flux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 01:21 PM   #14
Gravitron
Doh!
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
Oh right, yeah. Because Spider-man has never had a new costume in any other era of comics...
I don't think this has anything to do with a poorly designed new costume. It has everything to do with low effort and which is status quo in the industry. That and incompetent arrogant, untalented imbeciles left over who've poisoned the well and driven customers and talented artists/writers and editors away.
Gravitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 01:49 PM   #15
Mister H
Zot
 
Mister H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: High Hrothgar
Posts: 5,659
My question is, even if this was a truly great costume re-design, why would an artist waste this in a Marvel or for that matter DC, book? Any money made from that costume will go to the company.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 10:02 AM   #16
moon_knight1971
Rescue
 
moon_knight1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: BAY AREA!!!
Posts: 15,913
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
My question is, even if this was a truly great costume re-design, why would an artist waste this in a Marvel or for that matter DC, book? Any money made from that costume will go to the company.
Probably the fame and benefits from it if any...ie John Byrne's X-MEN or Alpha Flight....or like Donny Cates, write major books for Marvel and then do side projects for independent publishers
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 10:32 AM   #17
Mister H
Zot
 
Mister H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: High Hrothgar
Posts: 5,659
Quote:
Originally Posted by moon_knight1971 View Post
Probably the fame and benefits from it if any...ie John Byrne's X-MEN or Alpha Flight....or like Donny Cates, write major books for Marvel and then do side projects for independent publishers
That's got to be the reason I would think. Look at all the writers and artists leaving the big two. Been seeing a lot of terrible artwork in both.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 11:18 AM   #18
mmk123
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,858
well after 10 months Spider-Woman is returning to her original outfit with #11 of her series. I actually liked her new outfit but I love her original outfit and am glad it is returning. Now I am sure that we will see Spider-Man's out return within a year.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 11:33 AM   #19
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator
 
wktf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Denver Area, between Asgard and Krypton
Posts: 20,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
well after 10 months Spider-Woman is returning to her original outfit with #11 of her series. I actually liked her new outfit but I love her original outfit and am glad it is returning. Now I am sure that we will see Spider-Man's out return within a year.
Yeah? Well that’s true to form per my first post that started this thread.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 12:10 PM   #20
risingstar
Jedi Order
 
risingstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Habs Nation
Posts: 27,824
Horrible costume. He looks like Rom's second cousin.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

Prototypezstudios

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:41 AM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright StatueForum.com