Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 07-22-2017, 12:57 PM   #291
papadoom
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Is the cape polystone or plastic?
papadoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 01:46 PM   #292
RadAsGhoul
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Polystone, from what I understand
RadAsGhoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 05:16 PM   #293
Dandarebr
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuli28 View Post
If you read the thread, ES is TBD from IS themselves, SS thinks 3 hands, IS hadms said 3 5 and now 4.

I am from Brazil and I have the original blue 1/3 Prime Scale Batman from Iron Studios. I think I can help you guys with this one:

The regular version of the original blue one came with 4 hands. 3 right hands (closed fist, bat rang and kryptonite ring) and just one left hand. So we had 4 hands but we could only change the right hand. That’s the reason why some say it came with 3 hands and other say it came with 4 hands. The ES of the regular one is 300.

The exclusive edition (sold only in Irons Studio Stores here in Brazil) came with an additional right hand with the "harpoon gun" making 5 hands. So in the Exclusive edition you can change both right and left hands. The ES is 30 pieces.

I think that the black version is exactly the same piece, with same ES, and with just a different paint job. In the regular version Batman is about to face superman in a fight (that's the reason for the Kryptonite ring). Maybe this one will replace the Kryptonite ring for something else Joker related). The only thing that I still don't know if there will be an exclusive version of the statue (and if the 5th hand will be available for the regular version). Actually Iron Studios haven't mentioned exclusive version of the black variant yet.

This piece actually didn't sell very well here in Brazil and even though it has low edition size you can still find some pieces available with huge discounts. (I think it is actually too expensive for Brazilian standards). I brought a regular version last week with 25% discount from retail price (but it still cost me $1200 dollars). For some reason even though Irons Studios is a Brazilian company their statues are more expensive here in Brazil than in the US. Even the 1/10 scale pieces retais for R$ 350 - $110 here.

The exclusive version, like I mentioned before, is sold only at Iron Studio Stores and at retail price (R$ 5.000 or US$ 1.560). Last time I checked they still had at least 3 exclusive edition pieces there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cpt3OImGtig
Dandarebr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 11:09 PM   #294
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadAsGhoul View Post
Polystone, from what I understand
Plastic
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 04:55 AM   #295
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandarebr View Post
I am from Brazil and I have the original blue 1/3 Prime Scale Batman from Iron Studios. I think I can help you guys with this one:

The regular version of the original blue one came with 4 hands. 3 right hands (closed fist, bat rang and kryptonite ring) and just one left hand. So we had 4 hands but we could only change the right hand. That’s the reason why some say it came with 3 hands and other say it came with 4 hands. The ES of the regular one is 300.

The exclusive edition (sold only in Irons Studio Stores here in Brazil) came with an additional right hand with the "harpoon gun" making 5 hands. So in the Exclusive edition you can change both right and left hands. The ES is 30 pieces.

I think that the black version is exactly the same piece, with same ES, and with just a different paint job. In the regular version Batman is about to face superman in a fight (that's the reason for the Kryptonite ring). Maybe this one will replace the Kryptonite ring for something else Joker related). The only thing that I still don't know if there will be an exclusive version of the statue (and if the 5th hand will be available for the regular version). Actually Iron Studios haven't mentioned exclusive version of the black variant yet.

This piece actually didn't sell very well here in Brazil and even though it has low edition size you can still find some pieces available with huge discounts. (I think it is actually too expensive for Brazilian standards). I brought a regular version last week with 25% discount from retail price (but it still cost me $1200 dollars). For some reason even though Irons Studios is a Brazilian company their statues are more expensive here in Brazil than in the US. Even the 1/10 scale pieces retais for R$ 350 - $110 here.

The exclusive version, like I mentioned before, is sold only at Iron Studio Stores and at retail price (R$ 5.000 or US$ 1.560). Last time I checked they still had at least 3 exclusive edition pieces there.

I am well aware of the high taxes imposed on you guys.You guys really have it rough. Thanks for the explanation.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 08:17 AM   #296
Max Shreck
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandarebr View Post

A highly informative and altogether great post. Thank you.
Regarding the high taxes and everything more expensive outside the US is something we totally can relate to. Even though the company is from Brazil the US still has the biggest consumer single market in the modern world.

Anyway, I think it's an awesome piece, and if I can will preorder it like a muthaf@*er!
Max Shreck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 11:30 AM   #297
achillesmf
Doh!

PO'd
achillesmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 09:12 PM   #298
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Thanks for the info Dandarebr
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 10:36 PM   #299
aa909
The Green Hornet

Great post Dandarebr! I'd definitely pay $1200 for the original in Blue Grey vs $1000 for the all black version... let me know if you can get one to me here in CA LOL!!
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 05:53 AM   #300
Dandarebr
Doh!

Well, I found at least one Batman Prime Scales Blue Grey version for around US$ 1.320 here in Brazil (It took me a while to get the one that I got for $ 1.200). I have never shipped something like this (or this big) abroad and I don't know how much it would cost (or if it will be worth). If you want I can check it for you.
Dandarebr is offline   Reply With Quote