Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 08-07-2014, 09:22 AM   #181
Drahmin
Kindly Asked To Leave

amazing!!!!

Can't wait to get mine. This may turn out to be the best bishoujo piece topping my previous favorite Christie
Drahmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 12:25 PM   #182
Ayato1381
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I have to admit that when they first released images of the final sculpt I wasn't sold on her. I wanted to like her but there was something off in her face. Now that people have got the final production version I think she looks amazing. Can't wait to get her from my local comic shop when she is released.
Ayato1381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 12:32 PM   #183
kikoken
Shadowhawk

she is amazing in real life. her face cheeks look much better in flesh and less baby like. the only thing that is slightly annoying is that she's looking down so you have to display her quite high to get a good look at her beautiful face
kikoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 09:26 PM   #184
ruzzell
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

dayum!
New photos from tomopop.com
ruzzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 11:57 PM   #185
llama
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikoken View Post
she is amazing in real life. her face cheeks look much better in flesh and less baby like. the only thing that is slightly annoying is that she's looking down so you have to display her quite high to get a good look at her beautiful face
It seems like a lot of the bishoujo statues I have are kind of looking down. It's a bit of a shame since I do not display them on a high shelf. Maybe Kotobukiya determined that most people put these statues in a high location.

As for Cammy, she is not only looking down but her hand is covering her face. If you want to see it, you really only have one angle to choose from.
llama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 01:46 PM   #186
kzzza
Doh!

picked her up at SDCC at the Capcom booth. It even sold out on Sunday when I walked by. I think Kotobukiya might have had it too. I hope they do her alpha/Bison outfit too.
kzzza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 01:53 PM   #187
llama
The Spirit

I finally received Cammy from BBTS yesterday. I have to say that the sculptor kind of dropped the ball on this one. There are a few changes made from the original artwork that I do not think turned out so well.

- Her face shape is less round. The artwork did a better job of capturing Cammy's round face.
- Her hand has been moved so it is blocking her face, and she is looking down so much that you can't display her at an angle where you can get a clear view of her face. You can see her face quite clearly in the artwork.
- While I do not mind that the sculptor made her more muscular, I do think that it was overdone. Like Hirojux pointed out in his review, some of the muscle lines are just too sharp and I find her shoulder muscles particularly unappealing.

Overall, I still think Cammy is a good statue, it's just that when I look at the artwork I am disappointed about what could have been.
llama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 02:18 PM   #188
built2shred
Phoenix

It kind of looks like she's punching herself out with her left hand
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 01:22 AM   #189
IronMC
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Got mine on Sunday. It is truly an awesome statue.
IronMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 01:11 AM   #190
s_paulik87
Green Lantern Corps

Is this in stock and shipping from bbts yet?
s_paulik87 is offline   Reply With Quote