Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

View Poll Results: Who would you like to see as the next Koto Fine Art Statue? (multiple votes allowed)
(DRS) Sabretooth 30 31.58%
(DRS) Jubilee 22 23.16%
(DRS) Iceman 32 33.68%
(DRS) Storm 31 32.63%
(DRS) Cable 21 22.11%
(DRS) Apocalypse 27 28.42%
(Avengers) Vision 12 12.63%
(Avengers) Scarlet Witch 10 10.53%
(Avengers) Black Panther 12 12.63%
(Avengers) Ant-Man 9 9.47%
(X-Force) Fantomex 10 10.53%
(X-Force) Domino 16 16.84%
(X-Force) Colossus 8 8.42%
(X-Force) Nightcrawler 11 11.58%
Doctor Octopus 20 21.05%
Lizard 14 14.74%
Kraven the Hunter 10 10.53%
Rhino 22 23.16%
Electro 11 11.58%
Vulture 10 10.53%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-19-2014, 05:56 PM   #41
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Just from a money point of view, wonder how well an Apoc would do. Some might jump on one after "missing out" on SS's version.
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 10:09 PM   #42
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by PermaGrin View Post
Just from a money point of view, wonder how well an Apoc would do. Some might jump on one after "missing out" on SS's version.
I don't think the SS statue would influence future Koto buyers if Koto released their own Apoc. The scales are just too different. For people who own the Bowen Apoc, it might be an issue of buying another one or selling their Bowen to purchase the Koto. However, the Bowen Apoc has been out for some time, and risen greatly after market, so I think there are enough "new buyers" to justify a new 1/6 scale release.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 10:20 PM   #43
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
I don't think the SS statue would influence future Koto buyers if Koto released their own Apoc. The scales are just too different. For people who own the Bowen Apoc, it might be an issue of buying another one or selling their Bowen to purchase the Koto. However, the Bowen Apoc has been out for some time, and risen greatly after market, so I think there are enough "new buyers" to justify a new 1/6 scale release.
Agreed. The Bowen piece has certainly set the bar for future 1/6 Apoc statues. It's a great piece and i'd love to own it, but since Erick teased Koto potentially doing one, I stopped looking.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 03:07 AM   #44
crankyjammies
I am da law!

Quote:
I think you did a good job picking the characters, Cranky.
Thanks brother. I'm sure you're right about what characters would top the polls regardless. There's just one character I regret forgetting to put in the list: Beast.
crankyjammies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 12:43 PM   #45
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by crankyjammies View Post
Thanks brother. I'm sure you're right about what characters would top the polls regardless. There's just one character I regret forgetting to put in the list: Beast.
Eric did a phenomenal Beast for Bowen, so I'm in no rush to get a new Hank McCoy. Still, I imagine he could create another gnarly statue and it would scale bigger which is a plus.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 05:46 PM   #46
slickrick
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Eric did a phenomenal Beast for Bowen, so I'm in no rush to get a new Hank McCoy. Still, I imagine he could create another gnarly statue and it would scale bigger which is a plus.
A little bigger, yeah. But it will take a lot to top the Bowen Beast. Its almost perfect imo... But hope he does top it.
slickrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 12:17 PM   #47
aloprinzi
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Another x-men villian. Mr.Sinister would be just awesome.
aloprinzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 12:50 PM   #48
Savage
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

A few from the list, but a Silver Surfer would be my first choice without a doubt.
Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 11:32 PM   #49
crankyjammies
I am da law!

Quote:
Well, that's true. I chose the characters in the list with consideration to existing 1/6th scale pieces as well.
crankyjammies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 04:35 PM   #50
Scribe
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crankyjammies View Post
Well, that's true. I chose the characters in the list with consideration to existing 1/6th scale pieces as well.
Everyone on this list except Jubilee, Domino, and Fantomex has already been done in 1/6 scale, many of them several times.

It would be nice to see some new blood and fresh faces rather than the same characters over and over and over.

Anything Erick makes is going to be beautiful but do we really need another Cable, Juggernaut, Storm, Sabretooth, or Iceman? Yes, Erick hasn't done all these characters but lots of other people have. Spread the love around a bit. I'd rather see Jubilee, Pyro, Shadowcat, Avalanche, Mystique or even Emma Frost.

I would like to see a new Scarlett Witch, my Bowen one had a severe lean so I sent it back, but just like Beast, Erick already made one SW for Bowen.

Scribe is offline   Reply With Quote