BATHERS AND HOT WATER

Crazy realism
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 06:08 PM   #42
French Cancan
Deadman

FOREVER YOUNG - Episode 2

ANGELA MIA DE LA VEGA
was born in Pennsylvania. Passionate about drawing and sculpture since her early childhood. She is an artist who lives in Texas, renowned and highly sought after for her work.
She has received many awards and her works are installed not only indoors in galleries, museums, universities, but also outdoors (bronze) in parks or squares of different cities of the United States, India, Dubai, Japan, Europe.
Her works are very expressive, figurative pieces that seem lively, inspired in large part by the world of children, especially her own. She is an artist who did not fear to remain true to herself, honest with her art, but especially to what she wanted to express in her work, and even if it may (or may still) seem a bit childish in the eyes of some. There's a lot of sweetness, tenderness, freshness.

French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 06:55 PM   #43
French Cancan
Deadman

BORN TO BE WOOD

MARIO DILITZ
sculpts natural attitudes with a moving sincerity and without living model. His sculptures have a complex character, sometimes introverted, shy, or simply pensive. From his native Tyrol, Mario Dilitz retains the affection of woodworking. His traditional technique of work is probably from the inheritance of his father who already adorned pieces of cabinetry and architecture. The velvety of the skin, the sensuality of the curves, the drawing of a musculature, each detail is rigorously worked in an ever greater search for perfection. The realism of the beings created by Mario Dilitz is all the stronger as the wood is covered with fine red veins, true signature. He uses the linden tree which is rolled and then recomposed to make it firmer, assembled by means of a red glue randomly walking in the furrows of the wood. The work of the sculptor begins here: from a raw block will soon be born a striking figure of sensitivity.

Old 04-20-2022, 06:47 PM   #44
French Cancan
Deadman

VENI VIDI VICI

CESAR ORRICO

Starting from a naturalistic treatment of the body, through a precise and fluid modelling, the Spanish artist strips his works until he reaches a synthesis of the form, which translates into silhouettes with a touching aesthetic refinement. The human body is at the heart of the artistic universe of C?sar Orrico, the fruit of the artist?s fascination with Renaissance and contemporary anatomy treatises. He explores different formats, working on works of monumental scope, but also on small sculptures loaded with expressiveness and beauty.

Old 04-25-2022, 10:14 AM   #45
Silas Loki
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
The hyper-realistic stuff is technically impressive (same goes for hyper-real digital models), but I do like a bit of stylization or idealization in my human characters. An artist's unique interpretation tells a more interesting story than the recreation of something you can already see in real life IMO.
Interesting perspective.

I think Hyper Realism comes into it's element when it's combined with fantasy. For example, you take a beautiful female model from the "real world" and re-imagine her in a different universe, as an Angel or a Sci Fi Warrior
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2022, 06:22 PM   #46
French Cancan
Deadman

THERE IS A PET IN THIS TRUNK

GERARD MAS

Barcelona-based sculptor Gerard Mas fashions stately sculptures of animals carved from massive tree trunks. The thick slabs of wood are chiseled and, little by little, smoothed into lifelike recreations of dogs and cats. The beautiful grain is the visual highlight, but to add some color, Mas burns the wood?s surface into a rich, charred black. Once complete, the animals stand on the remaining untouched tree trunks and offer an homage to faithful companions who stand by our side during our best and worst times.

Old 05-02-2022, 02:59 AM   #47
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Cancan View Post

Really impressive. If the eyes are also made of wood, even more impressive
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 03:53 PM   #48
French Cancan
Deadman

SOMETHING IS WHISPERING IN THE FOREST...
SOMETHING IS SCREAMING IN THE FOREST

FOREST ROGERS

" Many of my earliest sculptures were created in the bright red wax off the rinds of my Aunt Lucia's round cheeses. I'd peel off some wax, crawl away into a corner or under a table, and make little animals. It's still the best thing I can think of to do at a party, if the cheeses are right! Thus, my lifelong affection for feral materials began odd combinations solving a conundrum or inspiring an unexpected effect. There's a conversation with the materials, if you let them have a voice.

Oddly inspiring question, what lies behind the artist? I think of myself as a lens between the Idea and the manifested object. When the work " works ", it feels to me like a discovery or revelation, focusing something timeless into one tiny, fleeting moment of expression. So when you ask, " What lies behind the artist "? the image comes of a shifting ocean deep, immeasurable, slippery with tangles of strange life, and one's own small translucent self just a porthole providing a wee peep to those of like mind. The infinite, of course, is behind every artist, and that is one of the most frightening things: we have an infinity of choice every time we start doing what we do. I find it helpful to deliberately remember that, for habit makes one forget it. "

Old 05-14-2022, 02:46 AM   #49
Silas Loki
Jubilee

I really appreciate this thread. It's so easy to forget that statues and sculpture is so much more than D.C. and Marvel.

I wish we could get an idea of the prices of these pieces. I'm under no illusions that they'll be somehow "affordable"....but with the recent price hikes, and the pricing strategies of the (so called) premium statue companies, it would be interesting to see how far off we are with our mass produced products vs these one of a kind, works of art.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 04:34 AM   #50
Rquiem
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Cancan View Post
SOMETHING IS WHISPERING IN THE FOREST...
SOMETHING IS SCREAMING IN THE FOREST
This is one of the most beautifull statues ive ever seen. It somehow really speaks to me.
Rquiem is offline   Reply With Quote