Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 07-05-2022, 11:11 AM   #211
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammal View Post
I?m wondering if they had so many cancellations due to the delays that they decided to repaint some. I know I cancelled mine.

Hmm ...interesting theory. Now I'm wondering that too.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 11:54 AM   #212
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

We'll have another variant after this one doesn't sell either
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 09:06 AM   #213
JanuaryStorm
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
We'll have another variant after this one doesn't sell either
I love how quickly they buried this announcement with the Vampirella PO.
JanuaryStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 09:33 AM   #214
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Do people actually want something like this? I can't stand the original due to the hideous costume and the fact they basically plopped Gal Gadot's portrait on what is supposed to be a video game statue. Now, they're doing a variant?

Yet, we're still waiting on them to put up the amazing Constantine statue they previewed LAST YEAR.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 10:32 AM   #215
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Do people actually want something like this? I can't stand the original due to the hideous costume and the fact they basically plopped Gal Gadot's portrait on what is supposed to be a video game statue. Now, they're doing a variant?

Yet, we're still waiting on them to put up the amazing Constantine statue they previewed LAST YEAR.
I want it (the original) as I have several Dianas so mixing up the look is good. I also don't mind the Gadot influenced look (I mean, I'm getting QS 1:4 Wonder Woman too)

I don't really have interest in this variant, makes me think of Superwoman with all the black.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 11:21 AM   #216
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I want it (the original) as I have several Dianas so mixing up the look is good. I also don't mind the Gadot influenced look (I mean, I'm getting QS 1:4 Wonder Woman too)

I don't really have interest in this variant, makes me think of Superwoman with all the black.
Yes! I couldn't put my finger on it until now.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 02:09 PM   #217
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

This looks like one of their 10th Anniversary pieces and so a variant but really? So many other pieces to choose from especially when they already have a few other Wonder Woman's still for sale.

Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2022, 04:23 AM   #218
Milo
Doh!

Hi !
I compared the pictures of the original wonder woman and the Great Hera. I think we have with the Great Hera, the production head. The details are less accentuated, it's still great, but you can still see the differences (shade, makeup, eyeliner...), even if the brightness is different ^^

What bothers me a bit and I hope it's either a modification for the Great Hera or photoshop, it is Wonder Woman's tiara (injustice version). The top of the bird's head and its wings are different and make it less good (in my opinion). So, we see the fronthead of WW between the base of the hair and the tiara...
Milo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 01:30 AM   #219
PoisonPixie
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Nice catch Milo, you seem right.
PoisonPixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 09:46 PM   #220
Markhatestoys
Justice League

Okay, so the portrait on this--a sort of idealized comic book version of Gal Gadot--is essentially the perfect Wonder Woman to me and I want it. I despaired for a moment until I saw that the skirt option was available but it is available so--yay! But I have a few questions:

Is the skirt option for sale anywhere other than Prime 1's site? I couldn't find it on Sideshow or Spec Fiction.

Will this actually ship this year? Apparently initial pre-orders were 4 years ago??? I don't want to tie up a thousand dollars for a year or more.

If I order from Prime 1 and the figure arrives with breakage and I want a refund, is their customer service good about that? Will I have to pay to ship it back? So far I've only ever ordered statues from Sideshow or ebay and they both have great buyer protection in place; ordering from an overseas retailer worries me a little.
Markhatestoys is offline   Reply With Quote