Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 02-02-2024, 07:10 PM   #111
qz33
Rescue

Wonder if they'll hit TNG? They gotta do Seven of Nine.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2024, 12:44 AM   #112
DiscoCougar
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Koto is clearly ignoring using any specific actress who wore any certain color from the series other than Uhura, which is totally fine. So, my only worry now is if they're gonna go the random alien route again ala blue uniform Vulcan and maybe make this a a gold uniform Klingon female (yuk), an Orion slave girl (the green skin would clash with the gold, imo), or maybe an Andorian? I can't think of any other TOS alien races that could have long hair like this. But then, if the first Vulcan release was supposed to be a gender-bent Spock, I guess a gold costume can just as easily be a gender-bent Kirk (basically a human girl).

Aww Hell, I'll take anything. Making another red costume release for Yeoman Rand would have been just fine for me as well =) And I love the Vasquez Rocks base design on this
DiscoCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2024, 02:05 PM   #113
qz33
Rescue

^ Man you sure know your Trek references.
Old 02-03-2024, 07:23 PM   #114
Electric Tiki
Producer
Producer

I was racking my brain trying to remember if a series female regularly wore a yellow dress in Trek Classic. My guess is its a generic character in command colors. Hopefully we will see Koto explore the amazing female guest characters from TOS, not just made up characters. There are lots of great choices. I think these avoid being actual likenesses due to the cartoony nature, but I could be wrong.
Electric Tiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2024, 09:40 PM   #115
UnicornPegasus
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

A phaser and a communicator...with gold coloring...that's gotta be Lady Kirk (even if not named it, it'll just be "Star Trek Captain Bishoujo," ala "Vulcan Commander." I'm digging' it though.

If they make an Orion one, I'm so in. Like Kirk, I have a weakness for green (and blue, I'm lookin' at you Liara T'Soni,) chicks.
UnicornPegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2024, 10:06 PM   #116
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnicornPegasus View Post
If they make an Orion one, I'm so in. Like Kirk, I have a weakness for green (and blue, I'm lookin' at you Liara T'Soni,) chicks.
I like how you think, asari are the best I'd love that 1/4 Liara from Gaming Heads, but I'm not paying secondary prices.

IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2024, 04:04 AM   #117
DiscoCougar
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
^ Man you sure know your Trek references.
I'm a sucker for the TOS era and the TOS era uniforms =) If Koto started off this line trying to use the TNG pant suit designs, I probably would be skipping these entirely, lol
DiscoCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2024, 05:20 AM   #118
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoCougar View Post
I'm a sucker for the TOS era and the TOS era uniforms =) If Koto started off this line trying to use the TNG pant suit designs, I probably would be skipping these entirely, lol
No those would go nowhere, I figured they do a Troi in those early skirts.
Old 02-05-2024, 05:40 PM   #119
AC_808
Hercules

Having a female Vulcan to start this line was perfect! Then following it up with a female human in Uhura was smooth. Looking forward to seeing the other alien species being represented ...in female form, that is.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote