Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 02-23-2023, 05:54 PM   #1
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Kotobukiya: Boba Fett (Book Of Boba Fett) 1/10

Got my first Kotobukiya piece, overall pretty happy with it. The sculpt and paint are very good, and no defects or breakages. This is also my first non-polystone statue, definitely lighter. The base is as plain as can be, but he does stand freely without it (though it's slightly more secure on the magnetized base). The range finder can flip downward if desired.

The main drawback of this piece is that it is noticeably smaller than the Iron Studios Mando 1/10 statue I was planning on putting it next to, but given the discrepancy, I'll be displaying him elsewhere...put him by the TV on my subwoofer for now I'm not sure if this is a one-off, or if Kotobukiya 1/10 are typically smaller than Iron Studios 1/10 statues.

It came with an unmasked portrait, which looks OK, but I won't be using it.

One thing that struck me is art box doesn't call it a statue, but rather a "model kit".

IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2023, 11:44 PM   #2
alshadow
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Great pickup! Koto makes incredible PVC statues, although it's hard to justify their pricing these days.

Iron Studios' 1/10 line got bigger recently (I think it started when they dropped the plain black bases). I believe you could display the Koto and IS pieces together before.
alshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2023, 01:47 AM   #3
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by alshadow View Post
Great pickup! Koto makes incredible PVC statues, although it's hard to justify their pricing these days.
I agree, it's well done, but I was left feeling like it should've been at a lower price point compared to the Iron Studios pieces I own, which have a more "premium" feel to them and a larger presence. At least I got this one free with Sideshow rewards

Quote:
Originally Posted by alshadow View Post
Iron Studios' 1/10 line got bigger recently (I think it started when they dropped the plain black bases). I believe you could display the Koto and IS pieces together before.
OK, that's interesting, thanks for the info. If I ever do get another Kotobukiya piece, it will be with the intention to display it separate from IS pieces.
Old 03-05-2023, 08:06 PM   #4
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

At his size, he also makes a good guard for a PC