Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 03-20-2023, 09:19 AM   #51
Westhelle
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
My local distributer has this up and it is about $4000.
The price is busted, but I don?t want to miss this out.
Westhelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 11:25 AM   #52
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

It's on the Queen Studios website now. $3999
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 02:28 PM   #53
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

There's no way I could ever justify that price. Enjoy for those still getting her
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 04:06 PM   #54
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Don’t know why people are all that surprised.

Given when just the head and neck is silicone the price is about what has been charged here for this from Queen. And this has a hell of a lot more done below the neck. It has one and a bit arms, and her trademark chest.

Though of course compared to some Infinity busts…….
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 06:09 PM   #55
Hobbyist
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

$3999 is substantially more than I've expected. I thought perhaps the license fees for video game characters would be lower than that for movie characters which would translate to lower price point. I was wrong.

That's the price for the hyper-realistic treatment on this bust, I suppose. I still think it is unnecessary. I don't think they will have any problem to clear the 300 pieces.

A polystone bust of the same design with better likeness to the original game character would make it a lot more affordable and popular for collectors.

According to QS's site, the bust is not available outside China, HK, Macau and Taiwan, at least for now. Why would they post the USD price there?
Hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 06:19 PM   #56
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbyist View Post
$3999 is substantially more than I've expected. I thought perhaps the license fees for video game characters would be lower than that for movie characters which would translate to lower price point. I was wrong.

That's the price for the hyper-realistic treatment on this bust, I suppose. I still think it is unnecessary. I don't think they will have any problem to clear the 300 pieces.

A polystone bust of the same design with better likeness to the original game character would make it a lot more affordable and popular for collectors.

According to QS's site, the bust is not available outside China, HK, Macau and Taiwan, at least for now. Why would they post the USD price there?
Because they’ve most likely priced everything else in their lineup in US dollars too, and obviously they know that a substantial amount of their pieces are bought from people out side of China too, from retailers and resellers. This is nothing new. It’s usually geared 67% to 75% outside of China/East Asia, if not even higher. Why pay for the wider license fees, if those collectors outside the restricted region license are still able to source said products.
Old 03-21-2023, 02:48 AM   #57
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Ouch, I was expecting a lower price, simply due to the fact that there's no actress likeness to deal with....wrong again.

Still a beautiful piece, I hope it does well, so Queen are encouraged to do more like this.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 12:03 PM   #58
Hobbyist
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Because they?ve most likely priced everything else in their lineup in US dollars too, and obviously they know that a substantial amount of their pieces are bought from people out side of China too, from retailers and resellers. This is nothing new. It?s usually geared 67% to 75% outside of China/East Asia, if not even higher. Why pay for the wider license fees, if those collectors outside the restricted region license are still able to source said products.
The ES of this bust is 300. 75% of it is 225. That leaves only 75 pieces for the China/East Asia market. It can't be right.

I believe the demand in that region is much greater than that considering it has a much stronger economy there in comparison, especially in recent times. The reverse is probably more likely.
Hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 12:34 PM   #59
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbyist View Post
The ES of this bust is 300. 75% of it is 225. That leaves only 75 pieces for the China/East Asia market. It can't be right.

I believe the demand in that region is much greater than that considering it has a much stronger economy there in comparison, especially in recent times. The reverse is probably more likely.
Just look for yourself at some of the other releases from Queen or Infinity, where they detail the split in their edition sizes between China/East Asia and the rest of the world.

For example, for a few recent releases that I know of a split. The Queen 1/4 WS Cap had a 200 + 600 split, the 1/4 Mark 1 that I just received had 99 + 400 split. Another one was Infinity's Selina Kyle bust which had a 199 + 399 split.

And Queen’s Doctor Strange bust was split even further with 40 (China), 35 (USA), and 125 (international).

All I'm reiterating is historical splits, but given this particular character/licence and the low edition size for this piece, anything is possible.
Old 03-21-2023, 08:27 PM   #60
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

$4,000?
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote