Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > CS Moore Studio

Old 05-24-2013, 04:07 PM   #11
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinisterOfFire View Post
I agree...but for 45 bux...I'll pic one up...the squished boobies are worth that alone.
I thought the price was very reasonable. Bishoujos are $65 now. $45 makes this ultra tempting. AND, I love Sinful Suzi. I used to have the regular version of his FS statue and it was gorgeous. But I sold out of that scale. I am really tempted to get this piece. I think it is a brilliant move by Moore.

Someone mentioned that Moore is doing the same tooned up pieces like Sideshow is doing now. Sideshow and Electric Tiki have been doing them for a while.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 04:21 PM   #12
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I just saw this! I love her. I will probably pick her up for that price!

I think the pic looks awesome.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 07:10 PM   #13
Madame_Siryn
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

This will probably be my first time purchasing anything by CS Moore. Personally I think the Little Minxies would be good companion pieces to the DC Bombshell line.

Sinful Suzi looks very cute and I think the statue is done in good taste.
Madame_Siryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 07:14 PM   #14
Hobby_Galaxy
Frackin!
Adamantium Plus Member

8 inch is a tad mini though
Hobby_Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 07:21 PM   #15
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame_Siryn View Post
This will probably be my first time purchasing anything by CS Moore. Personally I think the Little Minxies would be good companion pieces to the DC Bombshell line.

Sinful Suzi looks very cute and I think the statue is done in good taste.
I think these will look better displayed with bishoujos. Same size, sex appeal and material.
Old 05-24-2013, 07:36 PM   #16
Electric Tiki
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post

Someone mentioned that Moore is doing the same tooned up pieces like Sideshow is doing now. Sideshow and Electric Tiki have been doing them for a while.
Actually we (Electric Tiki) have been doing "Tooned Up" statues for years and Sideshow has distributed them. We had actually discussed this idea with Linsner years ago at a comic con. I had actually done some Dawn designs (that eventually showed up in my sketchbook) but was never 100% happy with them. I was so intimidated by Linsner's work that I kind of froze and ultimately chickened out. I think this piece strikes the perfect chord. Simply beautiful execution! If I hadn't banned myself from buying new statues I would have to have one. Cheers, Clay Moore...your work humbles!
Electric Tiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:53 PM   #17
toyzplz
Death is hereditary.

I'm in!
toyzplz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:03 PM   #18
Johnneeukca
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Tiki View Post
Actually we (Electric Tiki) have been doing "Tooned Up" statues for years and Sideshow has distributed them. We had actually discussed this idea with Linsner years ago at a comic con. I had actually done some Dawn designs (that eventually showed up in my sketchbook) but was never 100% happy with them. I was so intimidated by Linsner's work that I kind of froze and ultimately chickened out. I think this piece strikes the perfect chord. Simply beautiful execution! If I hadn't banned myself from buying new statues I would have to have one. Cheers, Clay Moore...your work humbles!
Quality post.
Johnneeukca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 12:09 AM   #19
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macethy View Post
Isn't Sideshow doing the same thing with their "Tooned up" line?

Anyway, seems pretty cute and the price is great so will probably end up getting it. Unless it's a bust, in which case I won't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Tiki View Post
That is what I meant with my post. It was actually giving you credit, that you have been doing the tuned up version of characters for years. Some new collectors might be only acquainted with your new Vampirella piece.
Old 05-25-2013, 01:38 AM   #20
Electric Tiki
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
That is what I meant with my post. It was actually giving you credit, that you have been doing the tuned up version of characters for years. Some new collectors might be only acquainted with your new Vampirella piece.
Ah, got it...and thanks. I'm a bit slow on the uptake sometimes.
Electric Tiki is offline   Reply With Quote