Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 02-18-2023, 12:18 AM   #851
2006chaos
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
^ How about making the statues themselves out of a more resilient material while we're wishing?

None of that is ever going to happen.

See this is where we all have to step back and see our precious prized "collectibles" as the producers and factories do: junk for profit, trinkets to separate rich rubes from their money.

All these damages are just calculated risk margins. That's why they offer little in the way of credit and almost never have art boxes, or replacement pieces.
If they offered a substantial credit for damages they would see claims rise by a lot as many would be willing to trade a little damage for a nice "discount".

Sideshow can make a claim with the factory or shipper to recoup their costs but it's not worth the price of the labor to do it because most of us are too weak to miss out anyway. I mean this guy is a PRIME PROOF of this TRUTH.

Unless they are a MAJOR buyer they care little about customer loss because they know nearly all customers of this crap are temporary anyway. And whatever profit loss (no it's not a cost) the factories or companies incur guess who pays to make up for the difference the next time?

We do,
Yeah, definitely most hardcore collectors can't say No and just buy everything and have every Superman, Batman or Iron man thats ever been made.

That's why i buy only 1 or 2 of the same 8 female characters i like and have a small collection. I pass on tons of stuff and don't feel like i missed out. I only got 3 more characters im looking to buy if they ever get made in 1/3 scale. After that I'm done buying statues. And i don't care about upgrading or selling what i got.

I will jump over to artwork that is numbered limited edition prints of the 8 female characters i like and then im done with that. I already got enough Vampirella and Lady death artwork that im done with collecting for them.

For me having big collections is to much to manage and deal with plus this stuff is just getting expensive, and the quality isn't staying at a level of craftsmanship I feel is worth the effort and money. That's my opinion as an artist myself. If i feel like i want something that is never coming out I could just make it myself.

1 really high quality statue i made myself and just have a 1 of a kind that I add to my collection.
2006chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2023, 01:01 AM   #852
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
How about making the statues themselves out of a more resilient material while we're wishing?
That certainly would be nice, using a type of resin that is lighter, less prone to breakage, cheaper to manufacture, and yet results in statues that look just as good if not better than polystone...yes please! Does such a material exist, or is it as fictional as vibranium?
IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2023, 01:19 AM   #853
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
That certainly would be nice, using a type of resin that is lighter, less prone to breakage, cheaper to manufacture, and yet results in statues that look just as good if not better than polystone...yes please! Does such a material exist, or is it as fictional as vibranium?
Fiberglass , Polyresin , PVC , Vinyl, this is what is listed for the Odium Maquette, his base is really heavy, however is body ( which is huge) is very lightweight, it has some give on the weapons he's holding, I love it! Some people on here say they like the heavier weight, but I dont understand why? It's hard to move and easy to break and looks no better, I remember somebody saying the fiberglass and PVC, Vinyl is more expensive, but to me it's worth it
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2023, 06:53 PM   #854
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I got to see this piece in person today at one of my LCS. Very impressive. Paint looked immaculate. This was a very quick cell phone pic I snapped, but even in a crappy pic you can see how gorgeous she looks. They also didn't have the chain properly attached to the giant tusk (which was enormous BTW).

NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2023, 07:33 PM   #855
xellos49698
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Yup, I feel so lucky that all I have to do is walk into the next room.)
xellos49698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2023, 07:44 PM   #856
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

I probably wouldn't have the chains displayed either if I had the piece
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2023, 08:19 PM   #857
nearmint
Phoenix

Nice proximity piece!
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 09:50 PM   #858
xellos49698
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Finally upgraded my cell phone, just thought I share for fun old VS new
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20230330_204320837.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	218.9 KB
ID:	160495   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20221228_163301480_HDR.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	198.5 KB
ID:	160496  
Old 03-30-2023, 09:55 PM   #859
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos49698 View Post
Finally upgraded my cell phone, just thought I share for fun old VS new
One on the right is much warmer, new one?
Left does not look bad by any means. Which one looks most accurate to real life?
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2023, 12:56 AM   #860
xellos49698

The one on the Left is my new cell. I just took a quick snapshot. The one on the right I probably had to take 4 or 5 pictures to get it to come out right.

This is closer angle to shot on the right. You can see a lot less shadow and pixelation.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20230330_235004372.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	226.9 KB
ID:	160498