Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 01-31-2023, 01:26 PM   #1
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

New DCU Planned Works

James Gunn just revealed the start of the new DCU! I have to say, I'm very excited to see a Swamp Thing movie.

What does everyone think of this starting line-up?

https://comicbook.com/movies/news/ja...-wonder-woman/
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 01:29 PM   #2
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
James Gunn just revealed the start of the new DCU! I have to say, I'm very excited to see a Swamp Thing movie.

What does everyone think of this starting line-up?

https://comicbook.com/movies/news/ja...-wonder-woman/
I just saw the report as well. Some of the projects sound intriguing. It feels like Pattinson only has one more Batman left under the DC Elseworlds title (with the Joaquin Joker sequel movie under this banner as well). No real Wonder Woman news so Gal really does appear to be done (which is a little disappointing).
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 01:30 PM   #3
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

And yes, Swamp Thing is the most exciting to me.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 01:32 PM   #4
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Yeah, I'm glad to see they seem to be doing more of a mostly full reboot, not including Pattinson and Phoenix, and that those two movies will remain unaffected by all of this.

I'm new to the world of Swamp Thing, but I've recently finished the Len Wein Absolute and am about 1/4 of the way through the Alan Moore run. The Moore run is very, very good. I also ordered the (sadly) cancelled Swamp Thing show from 2019 on Blu Ray.

It's quoted in the article that Swamp thing will be a "dark origins movie."
Old 01-31-2023, 01:38 PM   #5
Mister H
Green Goblin

My view is that almost all of those could be good or terrible. Except for Authority which isn’t needed. I’m expecting lots of cringe but there just may be a jewel in there as well. Maybe.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 01:39 PM   #6
Augen
The Hulk

Over all?

I'd say I'm at a 5/10 on this, nothing really blew me away.

Supergirl could be great, but I have concerns they can pull it off. I really hope they nail the casting too.

Paradise Lost is a curious idea given no Wonder Woman announced. May we get Artemis, Nubia, Donna, even Cassie or Yara?
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 01:46 PM   #7
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Over all?

I'd say I'm at a 5/10 on this, nothing really blew me away.

Supergirl could be great, but I have concerns they can pull it off. I really hope they nail the casting too.

Paradise Lost is a curious idea given no Wonder Woman announced. May we get Artemis, Nubia, Donna, even Cassie or Yara?
Regarding Paradise Lost:

"Rounding out DC's trinity is Wonder Woman, a character who doesn't seem to have a role in the Chapter 1 titles announced (though the duo admits there are more titles they have planned that were not revealed in this presentation). Paradise Lost will tell a tale in Themyscira prior to the birth of the Diana Prince character. Safran likens the themes and complexity of Paradise Lost to HBO's Game of Thrones. "It's an origin story, a way of, 'How did this society of women come about? What does it mean? What are their politics like? What are their rules? Who's in charge? What are all the games that they play with each other to get to the top?'" Gunn explained of the series."
Old 01-31-2023, 01:56 PM   #8
Augen
The Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Regarding Paradise Lost:

"Rounding out DC's trinity is Wonder Woman, a character who doesn't seem to have a role in the Chapter 1 titles announced (though the duo admits there are more titles they have planned that were not revealed in this presentation). Paradise Lost will tell a tale in Themyscira prior to the birth of the Diana Prince character. Safran likens the themes and complexity of Paradise Lost to HBO's Game of Thrones. "It's an origin story, a way of, 'How did this society of women come about? What does it mean? What are their politics like? What are their rules? Who's in charge? What are all the games that they play with each other to get to the top?'" Gunn explained of the series."
Hmmm, well, that doesn't inherently inspire much. Is this still Gadot's Diana supporting cast?

All of this is until I see a lot more I have little excitement.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 02:26 PM   #9
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Booster Gold would make an awesome film under Gunn's direction... Booster as a character is right up his alley. Too bad, they will waste him on a CW TV Show or someting that i will never watch.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 02:29 PM   #10
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
Booster Gold would make a awesome film under Gunn's direction... Booster as a character is right up his alley. Too bad, they will waste him on a CW TV Show or someting that i will never watch.
I doubt he will be adding any of these shows to the CW. More likely HBO Max.