Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 03-19-2023, 09:57 PM   #1
Mister H
Gen 13

Is Open Vault Collectables legit?

Anyone have experience ordering from Open Vault Collectables? Reviews?
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 02:01 AM   #2
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

I have a couple pre-orders with them, but nothing has shipped yet. I had to cancel 2 of the pre-orders I did due to it taking way too long, well past everyone else getting stock. I did get a refund(eventually), but I am not sure that proves anything as I could have just done a chargeback and gotten a refund anyway. I would also like to do more orders with them, but like you I am also concerned if they are really legit. I have been actually considering if I should cancel my other orders as well.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 02:50 AM   #3
qz33
Doctor Doom

They actually do cons so at least not a total scam site.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CjwQeN5NVeT/

EDIT No I must retract total scam.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 03:08 AM   #4
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
They actually do cons so at least not a total scam site.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CjwQeN5NVeT/
That first comment

IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 03:15 AM   #5
qz33
Doctor Doom

Yeah I think that tells us all we need to know.
Old 03-20-2023, 03:17 AM   #6
qz33
Doctor Doom

Yeah total scam.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CpTk1jQvtOF/
Old 03-20-2023, 07:37 AM   #7
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

I have to assume they have filled some orders, if the orders numbers on the site are correct, they have sold thousands of pieces and all can't be pre-orders. I would have thought more people would be complaining if they got screwed. Like I said, I did get a refund on 2 orders. I also did some digging and the company and guys name are all registered as a real business in his state for what that is worth.
Old 03-20-2023, 08:57 AM   #8
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
I have to assume they have filled some orders, if the orders numbers on the site are correct, they have sold thousands of pieces and all can't be pre-orders. I would have thought more people would be complaining if they got screwed. Like I said, I did get a refund on 2 orders. I also did some digging and the company and guys name are all registered as a real business in his state for what that is worth.
Where are order numbers on their site?
I mean in their 2 most recent posts there are comments complaining about late/no fulfillment and lack of communication. Doesn't matter IF they have done some legit business this hobby doesn't need another part time honest retailer. Not worth the risk even for a nicer price.
Old 03-20-2023, 09:18 AM   #9
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Where are order numbers on their site?
I mean in their 2 most recent posts there are comments complaining about late/no fulfillment and lack of communication. Doesn't matter IF they have done some legit business this hobby doesn't need another part time honest retailer. Not worth the risk even for a nicer price.
My latest order from a few months ago was mid 3K so I based on that and the ones I canceled before it they should be somewhere between 4-5K orders now if their counter is accurate. A few people complaining is not 100% proof, but it is concerning combined with my own issues so far. I was hoping it was him just trying to get off the ground, but maybe not.

As far as lack of communication I have seen that complaint about pretty much every second tier retailer so I wouldn't use that as my only basis, but it does not look great either. I wonder if any of those people are members here.
Old 03-20-2023, 09:23 AM   #10
darthwhitey
The Herculoids

Their prices were good so I pre-ordered a 1:1 Infinity Studios bust awhile back. I was a little concerned too so I called and spoke to the owner on the phone. Seemed like a nice guy. He’s trying to get started and wanted to have competitive pricing. For a few reasons (you know how it is!) I ended up canceling my preorder with no hassle at all. Full refund.

Just my experience.
darthwhitey is offline   Reply With Quote