Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 06-27-2015, 05:43 AM   #321
CEETEE
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mule View Post
I'm waiting for SimplyToys too, the word I got was from someone else who's near to XM. I explained a bit that SimplyToys is substantially cheaper than the European distributor even when you factor shipping and taxes, so when possible I order from there (barely impossible right now, but whatever).
Yes that is exactly what I was thinking. I have received 3 XM-statues from them now and I am really happy with their customer service and especially their prices. Like you said they are substantially cheaper than the EU distributor. So I hope all my open PO's with them will be honoures. Thanks for the info already.
CEETEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 06:16 AM   #322
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidgit View Post
It would appear that from comments on XM's Facebook page that there may be some tighter control on retailers and distributors of XM product in SEA. Perhaps one of the XM reps can provide some additional information here. No idea what impact if any there is on existing orders / preorders with any retailers, so could only suggest contacting them direct at this time.
Seeing as they haven't commented the news CAN'T be good. I think they really need to get out and say what is going on. This all started because a reseller made a comment, and then it spread like wildfire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpluse2 View Post
I hope they find a work around. What's the real cause of this. Was there new trade burgos put in place. I not update on politics. If anyone knows can they explain.
Long and the short of it REALLY is that a lot of XM fans are to damn loud and proud. Honestly, that is 95% of XM's problem. People have been flaunting the fact that they had gotten XM products despite the fact that they weren't in the proper sales area. Hell people have, and in I mean all over FB and the boards, described in detail how they were getting around the rules. Not only that they went to threads that involved the legitimate license holder outside of XMs area, and I a talking SSC, and slagged that companies products while at the same time singing XMs praises. I am sorry but all of that behavior is just STUPID. I have been telling people for over a year to quiet down and stop poking the bear. Well the bear woke up, and decided to stand up for its rights. You can't blame it.

To ANYONE reading this thread... You need to spread the word. The first rule of ANY XM work around is YOU DON'T TALK ABOUT THE WORK AROUND!! Not here. Not on the Freaks board. Not anywhere that is public. Stop blatantly talking about braking the law. I am sorry, but that is just plain dumb, and it hurts XM.
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 08:42 AM   #323
wanderlai
The Tick

Exactly... from here on out if you get an XM piece you got it from "ebay" or just don't say at all. Keep everything else to pm' s.
wanderlai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 10:23 AM   #324
marker2037
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

well said.
marker2037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 12:16 PM   #325
vorpoll
Shadowhawk

I dont think they were flaunting like you suggest just happy to be getting high quality statues from someone and hoping others could step up and compete.
vorpoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 12:46 PM   #326
CEETEE
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorpoll View Post
I dont think they were flaunting like you suggest just happy to be getting high quality statues from someone and hoping others could step up and compete.
Exactly! People are just happy what they receive and just sharing their joy. That way people will ask very quickly how you get these statues.
In the end, it would not have made any difference because Sideshow would still have noticed, if someone said this or not.

The thing is that they almost have to change their model because people are complaining the whole time. They see XM's success WITH higher pricing. They quickly released a few X-Men and they also upped their pricing.

XM is a breath of fresh air and that is sticking with SS in my opinion... With doing things like this, Sideshow is hurting themselves.
Old 06-27-2015, 01:21 PM   #327
cpluse2
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey976 View Post
Long and the short of it REALLY is that a lot of XM fans are to damn loud and proud. Honestly, that is 95% of XM's problem. People have been flaunting the fact that they had gotten XM products despite the fact that they weren't in the proper sales area. Hell people have, and in I mean all over FB and the boards, described in detail how they were getting around the rules. Not only that they went to threads that involved the legitimate license holder outside of XMs area, and I a talking SSC, and slagged that companies products while at the same time singing XMs praises. I am sorry but all of that behavior is just STUPID. I have been telling people for over a year to quiet down and stop poking the bear. Well the bear woke up, and decided to stand up for its rights. You can't blame it.

To ANYONE reading this thread... You need to spread the word. The first rule of ANY XM work around is YOU DON'T TALK ABOUT THE WORK AROUND!! Not here. Not on the Freaks board. Not anywhere that is public. Stop blatantly talking about braking the law. I am sorry, but that is just plain dumb, and it hurts XM.

Ty Spidey976

Now I understand. I guess since I'v never seen people explain here how they got there statues. Well not in the Mag forums. Wow, i have to agree with some here. I like showing pictures of my new statue. Seeing others is how i started liking status. Also talking to other here is how i got my Mag. But to give the coke secret ingreidatent is not the smart way to go. I agree with spidey976. Enjoy showing you photos but don't leave bread crumbs.

Or hmm maybe this is good way to visit them..
cpluse2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 01:39 PM   #328
traylorc
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEETEE View Post
XM is a breath of fresh air and that is sticking with SS in my opinion... With doing things like this, Sideshow is hurting themselves.
I'm sorry...I am confused about your comment. Perhaps I am not understanding your point?

I am unclear how Sideshow is hurting themselves. Sideshow is the legitimate 1/4 scale license holder for the sale of Marvel products within the US.

XM's has admitted publicly their licensing agreement does not allow them to sell products directly to US distributors and or retailers. Additionally, they are not allowed to sell to overseas distributors who are willingly selling to US customers. Either one of the aforementioned scenarios violates XM's licensing agreement. That licensing agreement, was established to protect the revenue generating capabilities of Sideshow as well as other companies...who are legitimate Marvel 1/4 scale US/Domestic license holders.

If Sideshow is one of the companies complaining that XM is violating their licensing agreement...then how are they "hurting themselves"? If you owned a business that paid licensing fees allowing you to sell your products in the US...you would be upset if a competitor whose existing agreement precludes them from selling products in your territory were willing and knowingly violating their existing licensing agreement.
traylorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 01:52 PM   #329
skillet
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Meh to all this walking around on eggshells. XM hasn't said anything because they haven't done anything different than what they have always done, and it's not in conflict with their license agreement. They sell within their approved territories. The buyers can resell w/o restrictions because they are not limited by the license. We on the other side of the world buy at marked up prices plus increased shipping, which limits or deter many would be customers. Licensee in the rest of the world enjoys the competitive advantage of selling Marvel to us at more attractive pricing. The license restriction does exactly what it is intended to do. Nothing is illegal. It's a restriction not an embargo.
skillet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 02:42 PM   #330
CEETEE
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by traylorc View Post
I'm sorry...I am confused about your comment. Perhaps I am not understanding your point?

I am unclear how Sideshow is hurting themselves. Sideshow is the legitimate 1/4 scale license holder for the sale of Marvel products within the US.

XM's has admitted publicly their licensing agreement does not allow them to sell products directly to US distributors and or retailers. Additionally, they are not allowed to sell to overseas distributors who are willingly selling to US customers. Either one of the aforementioned scenarios violates XM's licensing agreement. That licensing agreement, was established to protect the revenue generating capabilities of Sideshow as well as other companies...who are legitimate Marvel 1/4 scale US/Domestic license holders.

If Sideshow is one of the companies complaining that XM is violating their licensing agreement...then how are they "hurting themselves"? If you owned a business that paid licensing fees allowing you to sell your products in the US...you would be upset if a competitor whose existing agreement precludes them from selling products in your territory were willing and knowingly violating their existing licensing agreement.
Maybe I was not totally clear

I think people are turning away from Sideshow because of these things. Of course it is totally in their right to complain. But they are reacting with their pricing to what XM is doing and now all off the sudden they bring out these X-men statues. A little bit coincidence I would say.

In the end they got lazy and greedy, look at their ES, numerous variants and QC. Why are they even jacking up their prices, I thought the more they produce the cheaper it would get?

Jut IMHO...