Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 04-20-2019, 09:06 AM   #51
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMSlayer View Post
Tweeterhead had a huge paint issue with its superman model.. Did they go tell people to "Pound sand" for those statues that where not bought directly through them ?? No.. they took everyone directly with them, and sent full replacements.

I am fine with my facts thank you ~
Paint issues were the least of the problems and not the driving reason for that full replacement of the entire line. Tweeterhead would never tell anyone to "pound sand", but they DID tell people to go through the retailer they bought the Superman statue from. The retailers - like Sideshow - will be getting the replacements (the replacements that you said were "sent" that don't even exist yet) and those retailers are responsible for sending out the replacements to their customers.

Would Tweeterhead step up if a retailer refused to honor the replacement? I am sure they would, although they would need to have extra stock since they are sending replacements out to every retailer who ordered. I am not sure how many retailers actually started shipping them out before Tweeterhead put a stop to it. Right now, customers are supposed be going through the retailer they purchased from, though (at least, I was asked to do so and TH even assisted in the communication with the retailer).

I think things are a bit different in that scenario as opposed to a company based in Japan. The long wait for replacement parts from P1 could have been because they would include the replacement packages with "normal" shipments to SS (no idea). With no more shipments coming....

I get there is little SS can do if Prime 1 isn't supplying parts (and notice the "IF" - everything in these threads is conjecture... probably correct conjecture, but still...). In my case, I can say that going completely silent and not responding to e-mails for FIVE WEEKS is probably not the best way to handle the situation. It is obvious something was wrong, but it was up to me to say "I'll just take a refund instead." and get my request moved to somewhere other than a "P1" support queue.

I do have an open support request for a replacement part. Now I'm wondering if that will get fulfilled. I do know if it doesn't, Sideshow will end up just offering me $30-$40 or a full refund.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 09:09 AM   #52
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
I they are not getting replacements, What else can Sideshow do ? Other then full refund. That will end up being the default if communication for help with customers products are piling up.

Sideshow has been horrendous in the past months, esp with the website issue. Still however does not constitute the situation going on, esp with lack of stock.

Been also researching on Prime 1 direct response to statue issues as well. One of them being a lower jaw issue on Berserker armor, which Prime 1 shot back as not a "Major Issue" Hence the response said to sand down the piece for the magnet and hope that resolves it rather then a replacement of the piece.
Unfortunately Prime 1 have always been terrible with replacement parts. And with them producing so many pieces now, the number of issues are probably compounding. Though I’m again wondering whether there are really no replacement pieces incoming, or is it that the timeframe Prime 1 is offering is just not good enough for Sideshow now.

With these so called art pieces, discrepancies in production pieces are more prone to happen. And now Prime 1 seem to have caught up to Sideshow in the number of issues. Except that Sideshow has that spectacular satisfaction guaranteed or full refund policy. I’m always surprised when I think about where they accept the change of minds and offer more or less full refunds in those situations.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 09:21 AM   #53
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Again this is symptom of Failure of getting resolutions, When A company is not getting anything resolved through going through the source they only available action is Full Refunds ..

Referring to everything in general.

IS there anything positive at this point to Order any Prime 1 product through a reseller ? What would be a promotional tactic at this stage for People to keep Prime 1 Pre Orders through Resellers ?
As I’ve mentioned as someone who previously ordered a lot of regulars of Sideshow pieces, this has always been the issue of purchasing through authorised resellers. The time it takes to get something rectified is somewhat ridiculous. But I’m guessing that the numbers don’t exactly get reported on forums such as these as they’re more or less geared towards collectors who buy Exclusives directly through Sideshow.

And now with Prime 1 offering more pieces, and having more QC issues than ever before, this very large and vocal customer base in the US etc is making their disapproval known. So you’re probably right, that given the size of the US customer base (versus some others, like my own ), it’s definitely looking like it’s better to preorder your pieces directly through Prime 1 themselves. Especially now with the cheaper shipping options that are going to be offered. Hopefully in a year’s time a lot of collectors in the US are going to think of this time as the dark ages. Whereas for me, things are likely to get even worse without Sideshow offering the cheaper shipping options to Australia via my local retailer.
Old 04-20-2019, 10:39 AM   #54
getmecoffee
Doh!

I think it's the end of Sideshow. I just requested a full refund for my damaged Batman Hush and will now work directly with Prime1.

Honestly there is a clear breakdown between Sideshow and Prime1 and really this is hurting all customers. I don't want to have to juggle who's doing what to get me a replacement or handle QC issues. I rather deal with Prime1 directly rather then Sideshow, whom I feel Prime1 isn't responding too as quickly.

This is a total mess and both companies are not handling it correctly. 👍 I'm going to cancel my Joker now and buy directly from Prime1 so now I get the Scarface. The shipping deal is a big game changer. 👏...but disappointed how this all unraveled, but the writing was on the wall last year with the us website launch
getmecoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 10:39 AM   #55
DMSlayer
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
Paint issues were the least of the problems and not the driving reason for that full replacement of the entire line. Tweeterhead would never tell anyone to "pound sand", but they DID tell people to go through the retailer they bought the Superman statue from. The retailers - like Sideshow - will be getting the replacements (the replacements that you said were "sent" that don't even exist yet) and those retailers are responsible for sending out the replacements to their customers.
That would be a negative statement, tweeterhead made a live vid encouraging people to come to them with this statue issue to get resolved.
DMSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 10:41 AM   #56
DMSlayer
Fantastic Four

Fyi
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1555770578943.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	122773  
Old 04-20-2019, 11:01 AM   #57
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Berserker Armor recal has opened up a ton of detail in this mess, with tons of customers complaining. You can just read through all the forums to attach things together. SS started even to directly send People to their Prime 1 Rep to have them get help.

Now if this tactic work the complaints would of died down. however people state they have gotten zero response and are now left in the dark.

SS gains nothing by lying, all they get is more and more people asking for full refunds.
That's your reason for deciding SS is innocent in all this? One recent instance of P1 handling an issue poorly? Do you really need someone to list all the times Sideshow has completely dropped the ball with the way they handled QC issues? And suggesting the topic of how SS handles their own product is a "moot" point further suggests a blatant ignorance on your part. Of course it is relevant. This whole discussion revolves around a he said she said scenario. So of course you have to consider the integrity and history of both sides.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 11:06 AM   #58
DMSlayer
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
That's your reason for deciding SS is innocent in all this? One recent instance of P1 handling an issue poorly? Do you really need someone to list all the times Sideshow has completely dropped the ball with the way they handled QC issues? And suggesting the topic of how SS handles their own product is a "moot" point further suggests a blatant ignorance on your part. Of course it is relevant. This whole discussion revolves around a he said she said scenario. So of course you have to consider the integrity and history of both sides.
Your response implies only 1 reason, when multiple issues are going on.. why ?
Old 04-20-2019, 11:18 AM   #59
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Your response implies only 1 reason, when multiple issues are going on.. why ?
Because you provided 1 reason. I am fully aware there are several issues happening. If you felt there were other equally relevant reasons for deciding it must be P1 at fault and not SS then it might have been prudent to mention them when you responded. If it makes you feel better the amount of Prime 1 issues you could have possibly listed still would not have come close to number of times SS has failed to provide a satisfactory response to their customers.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 11:21 AM   #60
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

This has almost turned into politics in here. People will believe or not believe what they want. Most of what we think we know is conjecture based on various events these past few months. It’s all guesswork, and yet sometimes in here it sounds like one party is definitely in the right and the other one is definately in the wrong. Even if they both were to make official statements I’m not sure I would believe them, as all it’ll be in the end is damage control, like any other business.

At this stage I just don’t care anymore. I’m going to buy what I’m going to buy, and at the end of the day....well whatever.