Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 09-26-2018, 11:48 PM   #771
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tier View Post
Sigh, I got my statue today and the leg is broken on mine as well - the left leg, in this case. That's a pretty big downer as I was really looking forward to this statue. Everything else looked spot-on, though.
I think it's a defect packaging.
VS1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 12:45 AM   #772
Tier
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
I think it's a defect packaging.
I did notice that the left leg didn't seem to be supported by padding in the box. Oh well. I sent a replacement part request to Sideshow a moment ago. Hopefully they take care of this problem.
Tier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 04:47 PM   #773
MegatronG1
The X-Men

Is the same leg the one breaking? Is there a spacer foam between the legs? It would be a shame to have her break in the future from being repacked and moved around.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 04:59 PM   #774
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post
Is the same leg the one breaking? Is there a spacer foam between the legs? It would be a shame to have her break in the future from being repacked and moved around.
This shape of statue is really a challenge to move around because even with spacers if it isn't kept straight up as the little arrows on the shipper indicate then the back leg and front leg come under stress.
Polystone isn't so great at supporting it's own weight especially if corners are cut.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 05:59 PM   #775
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
This shape of statue is really a challenge to move around because even with spacers if it isn't kept straight up as the little arrows on the shipper indicate then the back leg and front leg come under stress.
Polystone isn't so great at supporting it's own weight especially if corners are cut.
As everyone knows, arrows on boxes and words such as 'handle with care' or 'fragile' mean zero to courier companies.

I once had a courier throw a Gentle Giant piece over a 7ft high gate onto a concrete floor. While the box look in fine shape, the piece was broken into 7 parts. Since it was an ebay purchase, they sorted out the refund. A refund doesn't solve the problem of replacing the piece. The fact remains, some drivers (not all) are complete retards. Our DHL driver is great
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 07:13 AM   #776
ukshaun
Hercules

Image from Facebook

Interesting choice of background
Kitana sort of reminds of a Flamingo/Belly dancer. That whole vibe is what made me switch my order to Mileena.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 07:07 PM   #777
HiTMAN
The Herculoids

Looks great, congrats guys. I had this piece on my radar but it just doesn’t fit in my collection.

I’m not sure if anything changed during production but I prefer the unmasked portrait shown on the prototype. I hope this isn’t the case with Chun-Li, it’s enough having to worry about sloppy mixed media.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
HiTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 07:30 PM   #778
MegatronG1
The X-Men

Before anyone jumps on the lens and lighting bandwagon, the production Kitana footage from a few months ago showed a perceivably different face shape, as if something changed in the casting process. But I don't know, I could be wrong, and she's exactly molded like the proto.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 04:00 AM   #779
apellica
The Herculoids

Sideshow still hasn’t shipped this one out to me. Not sure why it’s taking so long considering it has been in stock for approx two weeks already.
apellica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 08:11 AM   #780
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post
Before anyone jumps on the lens and lighting bandwagon, the production Kitana footage from a few months ago showed a perceivably different face shape, as if something changed in the casting process. But I don't know, I could be wrong, and she's exactly molded like the proto.
Honestly i think it's just paints/shading...paints can make a huge difference in face/eye/mouth shape etc.

It looks fine still to be honest.

I'd personally never display Kitana without the mask anyway.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote