Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 04-05-2018, 07:49 PM   #21
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
2 c-notes in Canada! Frack that.
I'm looking at it this way, the statue would probably be $100 on it's own. So if I'm getting the game, the DLC, The Art Book and the steelbook case for $50, cool.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 09:20 AM   #22
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
I'm looking at it this way, the statue would probably be $100 on it's own. So if I'm getting the game, the DLC, The Art Book and the steelbook case for $50, cool.

Agreed. Most "Gold" editions for games (game/steel/dlc) are $80-$90 range. That puts the statue/tiny art book/sticker at $60-$70...that's fair. Especially since I don't think the quality of the statue will be what you usually see in collector editions.
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 09:40 AM   #23
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglebowski9999 View Post
Agreed. Most "Gold" editions for games (game/steel/dlc) are $80-$90 range. That puts the statue/tiny art book/sticker at $60-$70...that's fair. Especially since I don't think the quality of the statue will be what you usually see in collector editions.
I figure the statue will be like a other Gentle Giant mini-statues, which is fine, most of time they do pretty good stuff.
Old 04-06-2018, 03:53 PM   #24
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
I figure the statue will be like a other Gentle Giant mini-statues, which is fine, most of time they do pretty good stuff.

Yeah, I worded my comment poorly. When I said I expect the quality won't be like most statues in CE, I meant I expect it to be good.

The statues in CE are usually ok (Neca quality) but not mid-level like GG produces.
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 10:06 PM   #25
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Quote:
Yeah, I worded my comment poorly. When I said I expect the quality won't be like most statues in CE, I meant I expect it to be good.

The statues in CE are usually ok (Neca quality) but not mid-level like GG produces.
I ended up POing today. I figure if I sour on the idea I can always cancel...but I doubt I will.
Old 04-07-2018, 09:55 PM   #26
Y3E
Gen 13

I ordered yesterday too. I figure I can trade some things in to reduce the cost to half, $100 cdn
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 11:43 PM   #27
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Quote:
I ordered yesterday too. I figure I can trade some things in to reduce the cost to half, $100 cdn
The part that sucks is that Shadow of the Tomb Raider comes out a week later and then a little over a month after that is Red Dead 2, games are going to be sucking my wallet dry this fall.
Old 04-08-2018, 06:12 PM   #28
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:

I have sold off, or straight up given away all of my videogame CE statues, save the UK edition Injustice one. I just find them to be so plasticy and cheap amongst my collection or just don’t care about them once the newness of the game has worn off. That I have garnered a minimal return on all of my Batman ones ($20-35) may speak to their collectability long term.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 09:32 AM   #29
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
The part that sucks is that Shadow of the Tomb Raider comes out a week later and then a little over a month after that is Red Dead 2, games are going to be sucking my wallet dry this fall.
Shadow of the Tomb Raider. I am sure they will have a collector's edition too but I didn't buy the last one though. The statue did not look good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
I have sold off, or straight up given away all of my videogame CE statues, save the UK edition Injustice one. I just find them to be so plasticy and cheap amongst my collection or just don’t care about them once the newness of the game has worn off. That I have garnered a minimal return on all of my Batman ones ($20-35) may speak to their collectability long term.
I agree.

I actually don't care much for the statues. From past collectibles; Uncharted and Arkham series, they're all cheap and hollow. I'm a sucker for artbooks and steelbooks
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 01:29 PM   #30
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Quote:
Shadow of the Tomb Raider. I am sure they will have a collector's edition too but I didn't buy the last one though. The statue did not look good.

I agree.

I actually don't care much for the statues. From past collectibles; Uncharted and Arkham series, they're all cheap and hollow. I'm a sucker for artbooks and steelbooks
I didn't either but I am also a sucker for steelbooks, so if they include one I may have to.

I think the Spider-man statue might actually be different this time since it's Gentle Giant and not Koto or DC collectibles.