Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 10-30-2019, 04:58 PM   #161
heypaul
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Should've been instantaneous.
Strange. Guess I'll try with my wife's phone later.
heypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 04:39 PM   #162
Gothamite
Phoenix

Tuesday, 2020-01-28
Expires 6 PM Los Angeles time

$20 off minimum purchase of $125 if you use PayPal Credit Card
Code: PAYPALCREDIT

I know not everyone has or wants the PayPal Credit Card, but this is the first honest-to-goodness coupon in months.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 04:49 PM   #163
Augen
Metal Men

Hey, it is something, I do miss those 15% deals that came around very few months.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 05:26 PM   #164
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Hey, it is something, I do miss those 15% deals that came around very few months.
Yeah eBay was great at that two years ago.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 07:23 PM   #165
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Wonder why those stopped?
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 08:06 PM   #166
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
Wonder why those stopped?
eBay has been promoting its credit card with "Spend $____ get a $____ credit on your statement".
Old 01-28-2020, 11:30 PM   #167
JoeWorf
The Herculoids

Quote:
eBay has been promoting its credit card with "Spend $____ get a $____ credit on your statement".
Works for me! There's not an ice cube's chance in H-E-Double Toothpicks that I'd get their card. So, that means there's little or no chance from here on that I'll go on a random shopping splurge incentivized by a percentage off sale unless the old program returns. Cuts waaay down on impulse purchase stupidity.
Besides, I'm still annoyed with them from years ago when they acquired PayPal and were steering/forcing folks into using the service to make most purchases (except a few big ticket items like cars, etc.). I boycotted them for years over that nonsense. Some countries like Australia actually passed legislation banning the practice (but not here in the good ol' U.S. of A., of course). Greedoids!
JoeWorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 09:36 AM   #168
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeWorf View Post
Works for me! There's not an ice cube's chance in H-E-Double Toothpicks that I'd get their card. So, that means there's little or no chance from here on that I'll go on a random shopping splurge incentivized by a percentage off sale unless the old program returns. Cuts waaay down on impulse purchase stupidity.
Besides, I'm still annoyed with them from years ago when they acquired PayPal and were steering/forcing folks into using the service to make most purchases (except a few big ticket items like cars, etc.). I boycotted them for years over that nonsense. Some countries like Australia actually passed legislation banning the practice (but not here in the good ol' U.S. of A., of course). Greedoids!
Well, technically you could buy stuff with credit/debit cards, but all transactions were processed by PayPal.

Since PayPal split from eBay, though, eBay decided to go with another company to process payments. They seem to prefer credit/debit transactions over cash payments now.
Old 01-29-2020, 12:37 PM   #169
JoeWorf
The Herculoids

Quote:
Well, technically you could buy stuff with credit/debit cards, but all transactions were processed by PayPal.

Since PayPal split from eBay, though, eBay decided to go with another company to process payments. They seem to prefer credit/debit transactions over cash payments now.
While all that was true, in my case, for years, my then preferred method of payment was by money order. I'm sure the Post Office got a steady stream of much appreciated revenue out of it. I didn't appreciate their efforts to control (stranglehold?) the payment process (my way or the highway) as a matter of principle, so I simply opted out. Anyway, it's a moot point. I can manage without them and vice versa.
JoeWorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 10:10 AM   #170
Gothamite
Phoenix

$5 off $50+
Text BINGO to 70799 to get the coupon.