Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 11-30-2016, 01:56 PM   #1001
dino76m
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
The problem is i can´t see a problem. Like i said before XM has a license where they can sell the products. You are from the USA and there is no reason to be frustrated. I have no issue, i´m just relaxed and accept the rules or the work you must bring for a XM statue. That´s all.

Don´t be extreme like that, why should i block you? Because for your and my own opinion? Makes no sense.
the people who ordered on xm websites are probably from the licensed regions, even if they had ordered in the first 10 seconds,, none of them got it,,
i really dont get the POing proces of filling up a form and then waiting for confirmation,
why cant they do it like other sellers ,, first come first serve, XMs way has no transparency,,, meanwhile there are a few guys taking multiple order over on FB,, XM seems to play favouritism to some insiders and friends,
not to mention making pieces like GR, Cable , Hulk Buster , Venom all con and xm exclusives,,
dino76m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 01:58 PM   #1002
lucifixion
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
You can't see a problem because YOU have no issue ordering. You don't see the issue from someone else's point of view.

If had a love for Sideshow statues, but you were actually blocked from ordering them, as in Sideshow said "nope, if you live in Europe you're not allowed to buy from us," you would be perfectly fine with that, to the point of having to pay extreme flipper prices or go to sketchy lengths to obtain said item?
I would be? There are millions of products that are exclusive or regional or hard to procure and you must know someone to get them for you or pay the price to buy them aftermarket. I guess I just don't see the need to be upset about it. You either think it's worth the money and headache or not.
lucifixion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 02:03 PM   #1003
lucifixion
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino76m View Post
the people who ordered on xm websites are probably from the licensed regions, even if they had ordered in the first 10 seconds,, none of them got it,,
i really dont get the POing proces of filling up a form and then waiting for confirmation,
why cant they do it like other sellers ,, first come first serve, XMs way has no transparency,,, meanwhile there are a few guys taking multiple order over on FB,, XM seems to play favouritism to some insiders and friends,
not to mention making pieces like GR, Cable , Hulk Buster , Venom all con and xm exclusives,,
I can agree that the order process is a legitimate complaint, but that's mostly because they probably don't want to pay the ridiculous amounts of money it would take to design and maintain the web site that can function in real time and keep the proper databases and such.

The 2nd part is how any business runs. Certain retailers and customers get preference from any business, even a big company like Sideshow. The problem is that you only see one side of the business, and it's a small one.

As to the last point, which I see a lot, I'm sorry, but if I own a business and can sell all of my products without the middle man, I am doing it in a heartbeat. Why would I not want to make a larger profit by cutting out the retailers? This is the exact reason the idea of an exclusive statue even exists. Since XM does not do exclusives, they are going to look to sell the most of their product possible direct.
lucifixion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 02:08 PM   #1004
adee
Green Arrow

As a US buyer I think you just have to get over the fact that you aren't getting one near retail. It becomes more a question of how much is it worth to you. Everything is available at a price.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 02:10 PM   #1005
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
You can't see a problem because YOU have no issue ordering. You don't see the issue from someone else's point of view.

If had a love for Sideshow statues, but you were actually blocked from ordering them, as in Sideshow said "nope, if you live in Europe you're not allowed to buy from us," you would be perfectly fine with that, to the point of having to pay extreme flipper prices or go to sketchy lengths to obtain said item?
I would not be perfectly fine with a situation like that and i can understand everyone, but we can´t change it. At the moment XM has no worldwide license and XM itself will be the last one to say no to a license like that. I loved XM before the EU license and maybe someday the worldwide license comes, we must just hope for it.

BTW, i think @loricstone is #1 XM fanboy. Sorry Kris. ^^
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 02:16 PM   #1006
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
And now you feel better?

Many are not in the license area, feeling frustrated makes no sense for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by polished1 View Post
To play devils advocate here...

The entitlement here is very strong. The thing is the complaints about how PO's exactly work are all valid.... If this was a North American company. These guys DO NOT SELL to North America, and therefore do not operate under the same rules as companies that do. You can ----- and moan all you want because you don't get your candy, but the reality is these guys don't operate the way you want them to. You're trying to play game X by using game S's rule set. You can either adapt to the way XM does things, or move on, but in the end you're not entitled to getting anything.
This is just it. You really don't have much stake in this fight when you are not "legally" a participant. Like it sucks, I understand that, but to blame the company or indicate they should revisit their practices is rubbish. I think the people with these arguments are far too used to having things accessible to them. I live in Canada, you know how many "things" I cannot get because of that that are literally an hour south? I don't even have access to certain youtube videos, an intangible item! I'm sure many can empathize. When developing strategies for selling, marketing, etc. XM does not need to take ANYWHERE besides their own designated licensed areas into consideration. They do not need or necessarily want to make it easier for anyone to get their RARE EXCLUSIVE ITEMS where they SHOULDN'T own them.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 02:17 PM   #1007
Eky
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
Buddy, you've lost me. The US is international for XM. They are located in Singapore. I'm located in North America. Their license prohibits XM to sell their Marvel merchandise to me. So somehow I'm missing something.

As for XM's prices. XM's retail prices are a tad higher than I'd like but for what they offer (hefty casts, great paint apps, tons of switch out parts, and low edition sizes) I can live with it. As you said, if I pick up XM merch at Singapore retail prices, it's not so bad when they are converted to USD. My biggest issue is shipping costs. They are quite high and a bitter pill to swallow. That's the main issue keeping me on the sidelines when it comes to XM. That and the hoops collectors have to jump through to secure XM pieces. Other than that, I love XM's products. I think they are very innovative and take chances most other companies won't even consider.
Yes i 've lost you.
Eky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 02:22 PM   #1008
dino76m
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
This is just it. You really don't have much stake in this fight when you are not "legally" a participant. Like it sucks, I understand that, but to blame the company or indicate they should revisit their practices is rubbish. I think the people with these arguments are far too used to having things accessible to them. I live in Canada, you know how many "things" I cannot get because of that that are literally an hour south? I don't even have access to certain youtube videos, an intangible item! I'm sure many can empathize. When developing strategies for selling, marketing, etc. XM does not need to take ANYWHERE besides their own designated licensed areas into consideration. They do not need or necessarily want to make it easier for anyone to get their RARE EXCLUSIVE ITEMS where they SHOULDN'T own them.
dont know if u read the post last couple of pages, but peeps here who are local and ordered from website the second it went up have been put on waitlist,,
issue here is the ordering process, u might be the first to put in a order but u never know, because XM decides which orders to keep,, no transperancy,, then over on FB u see seller taking multiple orders for these exclusiives, prob friends and insiders..
dino76m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 02:28 PM   #1009
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino76m View Post
dont know if u read the post last couple of pages, but peeps here who are local and ordered from website the second it went up have been put on waitlist,,
issue here is the ordering process, u might be the first to put in a order but u never know, because XM decides which orders to keep,, no transperancy,, then over on FB u see seller taking multiple orders for these exclusiives, prob friends and insiders..
I have no idea what XM is doing. And if there is no transparency, neither do you or most other people on this forum and FB. And transparency isn't owed to anyone. At least not in this case. If you (or local people) don't like their business practices you take your money elsewhere.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 02:35 PM   #1010
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
I have no idea what XM is doing. And if there is no transparency, neither do you or most other people on this forum and FB. And transparency isn't owed to anyone. At least not in this case. If you (or local people) don't like their business practices you take your money elsewhere.
That might end up happening.

Prime 1 now owns IA (who has a 1/4 scale Marvel license, Classic Transformers), so by default SS could potentially distribute in North America.

Both companies produce a quality product, so collectors definitely have more options now.

If XM wants to sell at conventions, then so be it. IT IS UP TO US to not purchase from the scalpers.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote