Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-27-2018, 01:20 PM   #9651
VindictvePotato
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by twstd View Post
Your issue is honestly laughable. Myself and many others are sitting here with a completely broken statue and you're crying over "paint flakes" in a gem, ridiculous.
You're right. I apologize.
Clearly I have inconvenienced and offended you greatly my good sir. Your 1200 clearly means more to you than mine and I should live with my problems.
I hope they get you sorted soon.
VindictvePotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 01:32 PM   #9652
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by twstd View Post
Your issue is honestly laughable. Myself and many others are sitting here with a completely broken statue and you're crying over "paint flakes" in a gem, ridiculous.
The only thing laughable is this statue being $1200 with all sorts of issues.
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 01:58 PM   #9653
sparda
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
Tell the CS since s/he said "We do not have another replacement at this time" you are willing to wait for better replacements as you hear they are getting more (from others waiting for replacements)
Would have done the same and seems to have payed off. But June, that's a long time
sparda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 03:00 PM   #9654
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparda View Post
Would have done the same and seems to have payed off. But June, that's a long time
Yeah, 3 months but at least Vindictive has 2 standby gauntlets to use for the moment
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 03:49 PM   #9655
ambasah
Red Skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by VindictvePotato View Post
You're right. I apologize.
Clearly I have inconvenienced and offended you greatly my good sir. Your 1200 clearly means more to you than mine and I should live with my problems.
I hope they get you sorted soon.
lol. love it.

You have every right to be pissed and want what you paid for.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 07:35 PM   #9656
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbusts View Post
The only thing laughable is this statue being $1200 with all sorts of issues.
Yeah, even though the one i received was pretty flawless, i thought for sure SS would take greater measures to ensure QC was top notch given the price.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 07:50 PM   #9657
CyborgHunter
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
Even though the one i received was pretty flawless, i thought for sure SS would take greater measures to ensure QC was top notch.
I know, right? They make a statement with a fantastic sculpt and then f**k it up with QC.
CyborgHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 10:06 PM   #9658
koflach
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I ended up going to the store I bought mine from today and they helped me resolve the second issue I had with mine (the right foot was hovering by about 1/4"). We ended up swapping the throne and armrests from a different statue and things are all good now (I hope). A big thank you to Toy Traders in Langley, BC for helping me. I highly recommend them to anyone in the Lower Mainland of BC.
koflach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 12:04 AM   #9659
Ginormousthumbs
Blue Falcon

The issues with this piece are really unfortunate. I think part of the problem was the QC expectations that were assumed by the buyers and also the lack of accountability for QC from Sideshow. The ES for the exclusive was on point. The ES for the collectors edition was not. It should have been the same as the ex or an even 1,000. Making sure that each piece was acceptable before sending out.
Ginormousthumbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 02:41 AM   #9660
shaunster
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by koflach View Post
I ended up going to the store I bought mine from today and they helped me resolve the second issue I had with mine (the right foot was hovering by about 1/4"). We ended up swapping the throne and armrests from a different statue and things are all good now (I hope). A big thank you to Toy Traders in Langley, BC for helping me. I highly recommend them to anyone in the Lower Mainland of BC.
How much did you end up paying for your Thanos if I can ask? I live in Burnaby and have heard about Toy Traders, haven't been there though. I bought my "broken" Thanos directly from SS and had to pay $250 in duty
shaunster is offline   Reply With Quote