Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 04-18-2014, 01:19 AM   #41
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmist24 View Post
Blue batgirl gold paint really has an issue. They bleeded out of the box and mine is sticky always, so the gold paint when touched gets removed. I too have the same problem eveen when its mint in sealed box and was stored in good temperature.

Really weird for catwoman. Shes high in demand too, but you dont have plans? While blue batgirl gets high demand now - then she gets rereleased? Last year i asked koto FB and they said no plans for blue batgirl. Anyways, i really still do hope catwoman gets rereleased, prices are going insane now.
Just buy her now before she goes higher since koto will not be doing a reissue on her. I just paid 250.00 shipped for her which is ok. I've seen some on eBay paid 400.00. Now if they reissue this one I would be piss that I just bought her for that much. At least koto put me to rest on that one.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 03:48 AM   #42
dmist24
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Nah. I would not pay that much for a fig. l'll just wait if ever i see one thats decently priced. Plus, they even reissued blue batgirl now, when last year they said they have no plans... They might change their mind again and release catwoman too in the future
dmist24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 10:04 AM   #43
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Blue batgirl gold paint really has an issue. They bleeded out of the box and mine is sticky always, so the gold paint when touched gets removed. I too have the same problem eveen when its mint in sealed box and was stored in good temperature.

Really weird for catwoman. Shes high in demand too, but you dont have plans? While blue batgirl gets high demand now - then she gets rereleased? Last year i asked koto FB and they said no plans for blue batgirl. Anyways, i really still do hope catwoman gets rereleased, prices are going insane now.
I would be up for another version of Catwoman, but would be severely unhappy if they released the original. These are supposed to be collectibles. They kind of lose that aspect when they are re-released.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 10:34 AM   #44
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
I would be up for another version of Catwoman, but would be severely unhappy if they released the original. These are supposed to be collectibles. They kind of lose that aspect when they are re-released.
Exactly they will become action figures if they are all reissued. Meaning worthless like Star Wars figures at Walmart. Except these costs a lot more.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 03:03 PM   #45
thebatman18
Frackin!

I understand your points of view about it being collectible, but none of them are numbered. Kotobukiya re-releases their anime scaled figures when they are really popular. Their Holo scaled figure from the Spice and Wolf anime has been been re-released three times now (including the original release for a total of four). So I am not surprised they are re-releasing Batgirl and I bet soon enough they will re-release Catwoman. This is nice it gives people a chance to own it that weren't around the first go around. These are just plastic figures and aren't even numbered in the first place so it shouldn't be a big deal. If you collect purely because it is valuable and has a low es then Koto isn't the company you should collect anything from. You should be along the line of PCS only, since almost every other company produces high es now.
thebatman18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 06:33 PM   #46
Medusoid
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebatman18 View Post
So I am not surprised they are re-releasing Batgirl and I bet soon enough they will re-release Catwoman.
I don't think so. They've stated several times that Catwoman will never get a re-release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonk View Post
The Catwoman Bishoujo will not be reproduced and as originally stated years ago was a one-time production run.
Medusoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 07:20 PM   #47
Doc017
Fantastic Four

Holy sh*t, I really thought this must be some mistake but it's popping up on UK sites.
http://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk/1-7...e#.U1MDZ_ldXUQ

Although a part of me would like a reissue of Liara, reissues do kind of defeat the 'collectable' part of this hobby. If it was my company though it would be hard not to cash in when scalpers make a killing off of your product.
Doc017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 08:25 PM   #48
FallenMajesty
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusoid View Post
I don't think so. They've stated several times that Catwoman will never get a re-release.
Well, I'm sure if you asked them six months ago, they would have said that they would have never reissued blue Batgirl, either.

Catwoman is the only one I missed, but there are several very high dollars ones I own. From my vantage point, I hope they reissue Catwoman and the rest of them, as anyone who wants them should be able to get them for less than 150 dollars per (if they were all that much to start with, I could never afford any).
FallenMajesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 11:41 PM   #49
dmist24
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

@fallen,

agree, only time will tell until we get catwoman re-issued.. yes, i also asked them last year about batgirl blue via koto facebook and they told me they have no plans for her to reissue, but look what happened now.
dmist24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 02:32 AM   #50
Vykk Draygo
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
@fallen,

agree, only time will tell until we get catwoman re-issued.. yes, i also asked them last year about batgirl blue via koto facebook and they told me they have no plans for her to reissue, but look what happened now.
The only difference is that Catwoman was announced as a strictly limited run only and would not be reissued.

Batgirl and most of the other bishoujos were never announced as being a limited number run, so they could absolutely reissue them if there was enough demand. They may have said they had no plans to reissue when you asked, but that's a bit different from "limited run and will not be reissued" for Catwoman (and a few others like Binary).

With the popularity of Catwoman, I'm sure she'll be getting another bishoujo design down the line like Wonder Woman. Just not a reissue of the same sculpt.
Vykk Draygo is offline   Reply With Quote