Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 03-14-2006, 06:39 PM   #11
rychehitman
Galactus

I totally understand the educational purposes and the impact of such a disply. Good point on the families giving the okay on this....just sad to see. I feel bad for the people that just happened to be driving along before some clown going 150mph t-boned them!
rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 07:26 PM   #12
Parky
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

very nasty!
Parky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 08:47 PM   #13
Daredevil
Man Without Fear

nasty.

I saw an 11 year old kid die at the ER after he was riding an ATV by himself, and the vehicle flipped on top of him.. His 18 year old brother, who was riding on another ATV, was there, and he had to trek back to "civilization" to find help for his dying brother.
Daredevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 09:37 PM   #14
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

wow, this thread hits home to me.

I lost my father to a drunk driver in a pretty gruesome accident and am very anti drunk driving. It would tough for me to think about seeing the car but if I thought it would help other people prevent something similar happening to them that heppened to me I would support it ... but I would not want to go where the car was on exhibit.

I also had a bike for a while in my early 20's and almost bought another a couple years ago but decided not to get one because of my family
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 09:43 PM   #15
rychehitman
Galactus

Wow JG, I am sorry to hear that bro!
My father was hit by a drunk driver back in '92 and had been disabled ever since, so this sort of hits home a bit too. I suppose even if it stops ONE person from driving too fast, too drunk, or too stupid (would it be fair to say too old in that group too?), It is worth displaying.
Life is really so fleeting. We dont think about it daily, but it can be blown out like a candle every day to or from work...and I am sure Zurbs can go easily some way too ... ( ...just filling in for Coca Zurbie~ Dont want to get TOO deep!)
rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 09:56 PM   #16
Daredevil
Man Without Fear

ALso, people in the medical profession refer motocyclists as organ donors (for obvious reasons).
Daredevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 11:45 PM   #17
Batwing
Cobra Command

It's not just DRUNK drivers who are a threat--many people have very bad driving habits like tailgating, weaving in and out of traffic at high speeds, not signalling when making sudden lane changes, yakking on the mobile phone while driving, etc etc etc.

Road safety is NOT taken seriously enough. Chances are we don't know murderers or terrorists but we know 'regular' people who may be bad drivers and have the potential to injure and/or kill other people if they continue driving like that. That's an enormous responsibility and power they don't realise they have.
Batwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 10:39 AM   #18
Parky
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadegiant
wow, this thread hits home to me.
I lost my father to a drunk driver in a pretty gruesome accident and am very anti drunk driving.
Sorry to hear that jadegiant; I couldn't imagine what you had to go through.

Just makes me mad when people drink and drive so f***ing selfish and iresponsible.
Parky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 02:55 PM   #19
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parky
Sorry to hear that jadegiant; I couldn't imagine what you had to go through.

Just makes me mad when people drink and drive so f***ing selfish and iresponsible.
Thanks Parky and Ryche

I agree with your assessment ... but have to admit I made some bad decisions early on in this regard but luckily no bad consequences ...
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote