Old 12-03-2014, 01:46 PM   #192
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

. .
Dirt Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 03:17 PM   #193
johnclone
The Enchantress

I don't know if this is spoilerish or not, if you've been keeping up with the thread discussion you already know this stuff...

Spoiler

The teaser for the trailer shows the liquid metal terminator, have they basically just scrapped all the films and just started over with the story? Now Sarah Connor is a 9 year old girl with a foster parent who is Arnold (T 800) ,
has there been any explanation officially for how all this is supposed to make sense and am I the only one who thinks this all sounds like it makes no sense at all?
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 04:09 PM   #194
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Since the Terminator Universe's main driving force is time travel, changing timelines is not really surprising. Sarah Connor is being played by Emilia Clarke, so if she appears as a young girl I assume that will just be part of the story. I thought it was well known that Arnold was playing a T-800 who has been here for many years and has aged as a normal human would. I also kind of thought I heard that this time around the one he would be protecting was Sarah, not John. More in line with the first Terminator movie, I guess the twist is he went way back to start protecting her.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 05:28 PM   #195
johnclone
The Enchantress

So you are saying that Skynet sends something (maybe more than one terminator in more than one time period) back to when Sarah is a young girl and possibly another time period also when she is older, and subsequently someone in that future, presumably John Connor sends another reprogrammed T-800 back to stop it (them), thus completely altering the timeline that we know?
Spoiler
I think I read that Sarah meets Kyle Reece for the first time also in this film, so the entire film franchise is pretty much getting a reboot?
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 06:53 PM   #196
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

That's kind of what I've read. This one is supposed to tie in more with the events of the first Terminator film. Bringing back Kyle Reese and dealing with some of the things that happened in that film. From what I've read the T-800 will be old Arnold, I assume the villain Terminator will be the T-1000 or a variation.

I know it's not a popular notion, but basically being that the whole thing involves time travel and actually trying to disrupt timelines, things can get changed around and re-visited without actually being a reboot. I believe everything that's happened before still technically happened, but they keep going back a little further and changing things, I guess we'll see soon enough.

The tv series is an alternate timeline that branches off from the second or third film. I'm not completely sure where this film branches off from but I know they mentioned the first film definitely plays a part.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 06:58 PM   #197
El Pulento
The InJustice League

Schiich like the Family Guy Episode when Stewie starts going back to change the future all the time.....
El Pulento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 09:00 PM   #198
Dark Shadow
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spideristic View Post
I watched this trailer teaser and I like what I see so far,looks like this is gonna be EPIC with a terminator poly aluin on top of that car.

I so can't wait till I get to see this movie and I'm glad Arnold join the Terminator movies.

I don't care about his age but no Terminator without Arnold.
Dark Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 05:18 AM   #199
CommanderZx2
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spideristic View Post
Ugh obvious CGI terminator arm when in Terminator 2 they had the awesome practical arm.
Who would ever think that this:

Is better than this:
CommanderZx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 05:34 AM   #200
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

I agree, that arm is really poor.
Dirt Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote