Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 06-23-2016, 07:33 AM   #121
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Let's all be realistic though...how many of you will actually be willing to shell out $1599 SGD for this?

Any of you forgetting about the 5000 other awesome products XM is doing? Venom? Spiderman? X-Men? Star Wars? Transformers? Angelus? Planet Hulk? Hulk contest Hulk?
Oh I'm not, but I would be if I was a die hard IM fan. My guess is there are at least 450 people who cannot/ do not attend those conventions that would gladly pay for this piece. And to not even have a chance is what my issue is.

I'm well aware of XM's large stock of pieces previewed and upcoming. Say they were to use this selling method for...oh....Storm. I would still be commenting -- hell, I'd dare say furiously commenting -- that my ability to get that statue was gone.

It makes no difference what's coming down the pike, let's deal with what's available now. My overall point was lost, but it still stands -- clearly the system worked with Ghost Rider (who was quite costly as well). Why deviate from that?
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 09:49 AM   #122
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

No two ways about it... this is sick... and the best Hulkbuster I just don't know if I can swing it, and that makes me sad... lol. The brothers are KILLING this
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 12:42 PM   #123
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Let's all be realistic though...how many of you will actually be willing to shell out $1599 SGD for this?

Any of you forgetting about the 5000 other awesome products XM is doing? Venom? Spiderman? X-Men? Star Wars? Transformers? Angelus? Planet Hulk? Hulk contest Hulk?
Realistically I will not be shelling out the dough for any of those. I think I'm pretty much out of the game until prices come down or I get a significant pay increase.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 01:37 PM   #124
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
name one company that has a worldwide license for 1/4 scale Marvel comic book characters outside of Sideshow?

The only reason that IS or (eventually) Prime1 can distribute to North America is that Sideshow is the middleman and getting a cut.

That will never happen with XM...Sideshow doesn't like them, and my guess is that the feeling is mutual.
Absolutely incorrect. In fact, XM likes SS. I know this on a factual level.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 01:39 PM   #125
loricstone
Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
Realistically I will not be shelling out the dough for any of those. I think I'm pretty much out of the game until prices come down or I get a significant pay increase.
Completely fair and understandable.
Old 06-23-2016, 01:44 PM   #126
loricstone
Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Oh I'm not, but I would be if I was a die hard IM fan. My guess is there are at least 450 people who cannot/ do not attend those conventions that would gladly pay for this piece. And to not even have a chance is what my issue is.

I'm well aware of XM's large stock of pieces previewed and upcoming. Say they were to use this selling method for...oh....Storm. I would still be commenting -- hell, I'd dare say furiously commenting -- that my ability to get that statue was gone.

It makes no difference what's coming down the pike, let's deal with what's available now. My overall point was lost, but it still stands -- clearly the system worked with Ghost Rider (who was quite costly as well). Why deviate from that?
There were a fair share of people that complained about the Ghost Rider PO system too. In fact, I had to pay about $400 over the regular price (not including shipping cost) to reserve one for myself because it was an exclusive. And let's be honest, IM is a much more popular character than Ghost Rider...and as such will sell out much faster. So much so that I don't think XM will be able to have enough to sell through their website after the three conventions.
Old 06-23-2016, 05:15 PM   #127
Demona
Martian Manhunter

The beauty of Hulkbuster, and IMO a serious justification of the cost increase, is that it is 2 statues in one. There is a 1:4 scale Hulkbuster AND 1:4 scale IM.

Worth it!

Though some people will be struggling for sure
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 05:20 PM   #128
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Completely fair and understandable.
However.... I will break the bank for just a couple select characters if XM does a rendition...
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 05:30 PM   #129
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:

ME.

Even with shipping, this guy comes out cheaper than the IA 1/4 Hulkbuster.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 08:25 PM   #130
KELPIE
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrocket786 View Post
ME.

Even with shipping, this guy comes out cheaper than the IA 1/4 Hulkbuster.
Makes me scared for IA Transformers.
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote