Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 08-02-2022, 01:27 AM   #21
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthwhitey View Post
Me too!...this Batman with that car?!

Gotta be a lot cheaper than JND and looks REALLY good...
JND is just not worth it. Great statue figures, but the price isn't worth the entry....I don't collect 1/6, but these prices are slowly pushing me down that road.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 02:54 AM   #22
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
JND is just not worth it. Great statue figures, but the price isn't worth the entry....I don't collect 1/6, but these prices are slowly pushing me down that road.
I'm right there now. These new InArt pieces, if they do deliver, are very tempting for a museum-like movie display since they have magnetized feet (no ugly crotch-grabber stands) and try to avoid seams whenever possible with their swappable hands with forearms included. (Shirtless characters couldn't still escape the toy look, though.)
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 03:47 AM   #23
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
I'm right there now. These new InArt pieces, if they do deliver, are very tempting for a museum-like movie display since they have magnetized feet (no ugly crotch-grabber stands) and try to avoid seams whenever possible with their swappable hands with forearms included. (Shirtless characters couldn't still escape the toy look, though.)
I have probably nearly a hundred Hot Toys figures and probably 80-90% don’t use the waist or crotch grabbers etc. Given that most of them are in simple poses it’s not really required.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 04:51 AM   #24
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
I have probably nearly a hundred Hot Toys figures and probably 80-90% don?t use the waist or crotch grabbers etc. Given that most of them are in simple poses it?s not really required.
It would still make me angsty to display them like that, knowing they could easily topple. And I think it's more limiting in what the stance should be in order for them to stand, compared to magnetized feet.
Old 08-02-2022, 02:38 PM   #25
RemydaGambit
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to hate crotch grabbers also and I used to display my 1/6 without them, until we got hit by a little earthquake in Texas, go figure.
Anyway, my Hot Toys Ironman took a swan dive and several pieces were all over the place.

I've learned to live with it. Eventually, once you get a nice pose, you start to overlook them. But that's what's cool about Inart, this magnetized feet should have been implemented years ago.
But it wouldnt surprise me if Hot toys will eventually follow if this becomes a big deal with collectors once they received Inart figures.
RemydaGambit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 06:05 AM   #26
Shoo
Hercules

Old 08-12-2022, 03:25 PM   #27
darthwhitey
The Herculoids

So what's with the FB video with the hanging suit? Is that an accessory?

Will there be a second Bruce Wayne figure...like JND?

And when do we see pics of the CAR??!!

Like some have mentioned, I really wanted to love JND, and display their statues in a covered acrylic pedestal like a museum, but their prices + not great likenesses + quality control = I'm out...

Hopeful that this 1:6 InArt line can scratch that itch for a fraction of the cost...
darthwhitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 05:00 PM   #28
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

I'm actually "scared" to jump into 1/6 (again) - I'm not sure if action figures can really go head to head with statues....

My wallet is all for it though.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 06:03 PM   #29
Agent23
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
I'm actually "scared" to jump into 1/6 (again) - I'm not sure if action figures can really go head to head with statues....

My wallet is all for it though.
I think like you said a couple months ago, can see a lot of collectors moving back to 1/6, because of prices (among other reasons). I agree.
Agent23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 09:04 PM   #30
tarim69
Sailor Moon

Looking forward to seeing what they came up with.
tarim69 is offline   Reply With Quote