Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 05-10-2022, 12:16 AM   #31
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaDriver View Post
Anyone worried this all could be getting a bit too Rick and Morty down the road?

All these multiverse versions of the same characters? I worry for myself that well, I could start to lose emotional investment. Note they didn't show a dozen different Tony Starks, since that death was a major defining emotional moment in the films.

They must think of the dangers of going too multiverse for movies right?
i hate the multiverse thing, it's almost always just lazy writing and devolves into you can do anything and there are no consequences so nothing matters.
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 01:33 AM   #32
qz33
Doctor Doom

Where as in the comics the multiverse basically arose out of What If type ideas the multiverse is what allows them to do these kinds of things for a mass market.
C'mon we all know there is no permanence in comics past the death of Captain Marvel.

They turned Scarlet Witch evil only because they could easily undo it for future content. They can have her "kill" off all these innocents and significant characters because it wasn't the "real" reality. The Multiverse is just a logical extension of time travel as Infinty War illustrated.

As far as Wanda struggling with her choices I think the Prof X scene is what really explained it. The book had basically imprisoned her psyche responsible for her normal inhibitions so she isn't culpable or to be held responsible. Seeing her kids allowed the normal good aspects of her psyche to break free of the Darkhold's imprisonment. Sure she'll bemoan her choices in some future episode and someone will condemn her while others will argue for her redemption, blah blah blah. I mean even in soap operas killers come back and reintegrate into their society on the regular.

For me the book is more a cop-out than the Multiverse.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 02:46 AM   #33
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaDriver View Post
They must think of the dangers of going too multiverse for movies right?
Oh for sure, the multiverse concept, as with time travel, can get very convoluted very quickly if not handled carefully. Thus far, Kevin Feige has managed the MCU with a deft touch, so I'm sure he's aware of the dangers. I mean look, prior to Infinity War & Endgame, many wondered how you could make a good film while having so many different characters involved, but they found a way to pull it off in fairly spectacular fashion. I'm not saying things couldn't take a downturn or go off the rails, but as of now I'm not too concerned.
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 04:42 AM   #34
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force of Nature View Post
Did you guys also love it when Scarlet Witch said:
This Is Me Being Reasonable.

I think it was so cool when she said that since it showed her anger, her struggle to stay cool and her incredible powers just waiting to be unleashed...

Two thumbs up for Wanda!

Rainer
Yes!
Black Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 04:43 AM   #35
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

I'm honestly surprised Jean didn't show up since she can sense Professor X and when he died, she would have known..right?
Old 05-10-2022, 08:04 AM   #36
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Where as in the comics the multiverse basically arose out of What If type ideas the multiverse is what allows them to do these kinds of things for a mass market.
C'mon we all know there is no permanence in comics past the death of Captain Marvel.

They turned Scarlet Witch evil only because they could easily undo it for future content. They can have her "kill" off all these innocents and significant characters because it wasn't the "real" reality. The Multiverse is just a logical extension of time travel as Infinty War illustrated.

As far as Wanda struggling with her choices I think the Prof X scene is what really explained it. The book had basically imprisoned her psyche responsible for her normal inhibitions so she isn't culpable or to be held responsible. Seeing her kids allowed the normal good aspects of her psyche to break free of the Darkhold's imprisonment. Sure she'll bemoan her choices in some future episode and someone will condemn her while others will argue for her redemption, blah blah blah. I mean even in soap operas killers come back and reintegrate into their society on the regular.

For me the book is more a cop-out than the Multiverse.
I took that scene with Professor X as him trying to break free the persona of Wanda from his universe 838 that was trapped by the Wanda from the main 616 Universe dream walking in her mind.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 10:50 AM   #37
qz33
Doctor Doom

Ahh yeah the possession, that sounds accurate. Still just like the book was blamed for the Dr. Strange from wherever being evil and fighting our 616's Strange at the end, the book is the scapegoat for Wanda. Seeing her kids being frightened of her caused the Darkhold to lose it's hold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
I took that scene with Professor X as him trying to break free the persona of Wanda from his universe 838 that was trapped by the Wanda from the main 616 Universe dream walking in her mind.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 10:51 AM   #38
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Saw Dr.Strange 2 on Saturday and I really liked it, i'd give it 9/10, I deducted a point for the below reasons:

1) Illuminati went down way, way too easily, especially Black Bolt, Mr.F and Prof X
2) Mr.Fantastic barely even got to use his powers before being taken out, he's way too smart to attack a being such as Wanda physically head on like that, and if he was going to he should have done something really cool with this powers first at least
3) I was really hoping Prof X would have had an astral plane battle with Wanda, especially since he was meant to be the Prof X from the animated series. I was so hoping he would psychic armor up like he did in the animated series and have an epic astral plane battle like he did against the Shadow King, I can't be the only animated series fan who thought that right? but instead he just went out like a weakling. The telepathy 'waves' were a really nice homage to the cartoon though and looked awesome
4) The "Things just got out of hand" line from the trailer WASN'T IN THE MOVIE!!! that really bummed me out as that line got me so hyped in the trailer, hopefully the rumors about an extended cut of the movie come true considering how how much footage wasn't used
5) Wanda's turn to the dark side should have been showed a bit more, I felt like they explained it well with the Darkhold and makes it easy enough to put 2 and 2 together, but they still should have shown a bit more. At the end of WandaVision Wanda already comes to terms with the fact she can't have her kids and erases them and "vision" so at what point after that did she decide hey im going to track down the Darkhold and go ballistic on everyone
6) America Chavez was the biggest plot MacGuffin i've ever seen, that was literally her only purpose in the movie
7) Where was white Vision? seems like this would be a very important movie for him to be in

Some highlights for me:
-Mr.F and Black Bolt cameos, I managed to remain spoiler free on them so that was a huge and awesome surprise, even if they were criminally underused. Now I wonder if Krasinski will play Mr.F in the FF movie or if he'll just be a one-off variant
-Prof X yellow hoverchair, green suit, Xmen TAS theme song, and visual effects on the telepathy all hit me in the nostalgia feels
-The musical note battle was really cool and creative
-The Strange variants were awesome, I liked all of them
-Wanda was a bad-ass, I'm surprised with just how dark they went with her
-Charlize Theron as Clea in the first credit scene! nobody talking about this?? that's huge, I think Clea is an awesome character and will be a great addition to the movies going forward. Its ironic that I always thought if Charlize joined the MCU she'd be a great Invisible Woman, and now she's actually in a marvel movie with Mr.Fantastic but is playing Clea (which is also cool so I can't complain)
-Bruce Campbell cameo and Evil Dead homages, and all the Sam Raimi style directing touches
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 11:19 AM   #39
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
Saw Dr.Strange 2 on Saturday and I really liked it, i'd give it 9/10, I deducted a point for the below reasons:

1) Illuminati went down way, way too easily, especially Black Bolt, Mr.F and Prof X
2) Mr.Fantastic barely even got to use his powers before being taken out, he's way too smart to attack a being such as Wanda physically head on like that, and if he was going to he should have done something really cool with this powers first at least
3) I was really hoping Prof X would have had an astral plane battle with Wanda, especially since he was meant to be the Prof X from the animated series. I was so hoping he would armor up like he did in the animated series and have an epic astral plane battle, I can't be the only animated series fan who thought that right? but instead he just went out like a weakling. The telepathy 'waves' were a really cool homage to the cartoon though and looked really cool
4) the "things just got out of hand" line from the trailer wasn't IN THE MOVIE!!! that really bummed me out as that line got me so hyped in the trailer, hopefully the rumors about an extended cut of the movie come true considering how how much footage wasn't used
5) Wanda's turn to the dark side should have been showed a bit more, I felt like they explained it well with the Darkhold and makes it easy enough to put 2 and 2 together, but they still should have shown a bit more. At the end of WandaVision Wanda already comes to terms with the fact she can't have her kids and erases them and "vision" so at what point after that did she decide hey im going to track down the Darkhold and go ballistic on everyone
6) America Chavez was the biggest plot MacGuffin i've ever seen, that was literally her only purpose in the movie

Some highlights for me:
-Mr.F and Black Bolt cameos, I managed to remain spoiler free on them so that was a huge and awesome surprise, even if they were criminally underused. Now I wonder if Krasinski will play Mr.F in the FF movie or if he'll just be a one-off variant
-Prof X yellow hoverchair, green suit, Xmen TAS theme song, and visual effects on the telepathy all hit me in the nostalgia feels
-The musical note battle was really cool, dont see anyone talking about that yet
-The Strange variants were super cool, I liked all of them
-Wanda was a bad-ass, Im surprised with just how dark they went with her
-Charlize Theron as Clea in the first credit scene, nobody talking about this?? thats huge, I think Clea is an awesome character and will be a great addition to the movies going forward. Its ironic that I always thought if Charlize joined the MCU she'd be a great Invisible Woman, and now shes actually in a marvel movie with Mr.Fantastic but is playing Clea (which is also cool so I can't complain)
I agree with a lot of your points..

However, I think Wanda would have destroyed Black Bolt and Mr. Fantastic with no problem but not Professor X and there should have been and astral plane battle. And you're right Mr. F is way too smart to face her head on.

I also noticed the "things just got out of hand" was not in the movie which was weird.

Also, I was disappointed with America because where was her super strength?

I love Charlize Theron and I was excited to see her and that she is now apart of this franchise.
Old 05-10-2022, 11:39 AM   #40
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Cat View Post
I agree with a lot of your points..

However, I think Wanda would have destroyed Black Bolt and Mr. Fantastic with no problem but not Professor X and there should have been and astral plane battle. And you're right Mr. F is way too smart to face her head on.

I also noticed the "things just got out of hand" was not in the movie which was weird.

Also, I was disappointed with America because where was her super strength?

I love Charlize Theron and I was excited to see her and that she is now apart of this franchise.
agreed that Wanda would beat Black Bolt and/or Mr.F in a physical fight (if Mr.F had the ultimate nullifier or time to prepare things could have been different) but if they're going to go through the trouble of having these people play the characters as cameos, at least show what they can do before they get murdered, even if they do end up getting murdered at least make it seem like they put up a good fight first, that whole Illuminati battle should have been 2-3X as long
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote