Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 05-10-2022, 12:40 PM   #41
qz33
Doctor Doom

Nah I think the cameos were all just fan service.
Krasinski may not be able to continue and Black Bolt could be recast so forming an audience attachment may not be beneficial.

Also more defining their powers and abilities in relation to other characters for such an inconsequential appearance could cause plot problems down the road. Even Thanos respects Black Bolt's abilities nearly as much as the Hulk. I'd say their swift exit was more due to these versions arrogance.

Bit parts not their time to shine and I was fine with it.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 02:23 PM   #42
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
-Charlize Theron as Clea in the first credit scene! nobody talking about this?? that's huge, I think Clea is an awesome character and will be a great addition to the movies going forward.
Haha, it is interesting that nobody here is really talking about it. I had no idea who the character was until I got home and looked it up. The fact that her uncle is Dormammu is pretty wild (at least in the comics), so I wonder if we'll see him again as well. And she also marries Strange...looking forward to seeing where this dark dimension angle leads.
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 03:24 PM   #43
protector2814
Phoenix

Loved it. The movie felt like a big, glorious multi-part comic written by Kurt Busiek & George Perez. It was layered & gorgeous. Clea appearing at the end was just the cherry on top as she's my very favorite Marvel' Super Heroine. Love Clea & Theron is just perfect. My only complaint .... the whiney, Hollywood-kid actors. Ugh! They were god-aweful.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 03:29 PM   #44
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

Quote:
agreed that Wanda would beat Black Bolt and/or Mr.F in a physical fight (if Mr.F had the ultimate nullifier or time to prepare things could have been different) but if they're going to go through the trouble of having these people play the characters as cameos, at least show what they can do before they get murdered, even if they do end up getting murdered at least make it seem like they put up a good fight first, that whole Illuminati battle should have been 2-3X as long
I totally agree but Professor X broke my heart. I cried all over again.
Black Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 03:47 PM   #45
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Cat View Post
I totally agree but Professor X broke my heart. I cried all over again.
I think prof X is going to hold the record for most on screen deaths lol X3, Logan, Doc Strange and I think he died in another movie too didnt he? all his deaths made me sad as well, but hit me extra hard in MOM since this was meant to be the animated series Prof X which is one of my favorite versions, so its not just his death but also the realization that this likely closes the door on this version of him returning in the future either way they gotta bring the hover chair back lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
Haha, it is interesting that nobody here is really talking about it. I had no idea who the character was until I got home and looked it up. The fact that her uncle is Dormammu is pretty wild (at least in the comics), so I wonder if we'll see him again as well. And she also marries Strange...looking forward to seeing where this dark dimension angle leads.
she also becomes sorceress supreme of the dark dimension very cool character, and Charlize looks like she'll mesh well with Benedict visually, and will be a much cooler coupling than him and Christine Palmer, they'll be an MCU super couple
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 03:50 PM   #46
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
I think prof X is going to hold the record for most on screen deaths lol X3, Logan, Doc Strange and I think he died in another movie too didnt he? all his deaths made me sad as well, but hit me extra hard in MOM since this was meant to be the animated series Prof X which is one of my favorite versions, so its not just his death but also the realization that this likely closes the door on this version of him returning in the future
https://decider.com/2022/05/06/patri...screen-ranked/
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 03:53 PM   #47
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
ah yes I forgot about DOFP, although like the article says they dont technically show him dying in that one and I think the timeline is changed right before hes about to be killed anyway so probably not really a death per say
Old 05-10-2022, 03:54 PM   #48
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
HA HA HA.

My favorite quote :

"Showing a continued penchant for badly underestimating how much over-powered redheads want his help, Xavier goes inside Wanda?s mind."
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 03:56 PM   #49
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
HA HA HA.

My favorite quote :

"Showing a continued penchant for badly underestimating how much over-powered redheads want his help, Xavier goes inside Wanda?s mind."
he really should have wrecked Wanda on the astral plane, thats his battlefield not Wanda's
Old 05-11-2022, 08:14 AM   #50
protector2814
Phoenix

Perfect Casting! Was just blown away when I saw Clea!

protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote