Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 03-13-2006, 10:19 PM   #11
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirthew
How deep did you till your lawn.. because that cable should have at least been a good foot or two in the ground... When I was doing Fiber Obtics for AT&T we had to have at least 48" of cover... and most utilites we came across were 12" to 24" inches below cover.
they never dig deep enough for the cable - on new build homes they usually throw it under the sod (what they did for us). I cut my neighbors cable 2 or 3 times putting up a fence, planting trees, etc. ...
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 10:44 PM   #12
kirthew
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadegiant
they never dig deep enough for the cable - on new build homes they usually throw it under the sod (what they did for us). I cut my neighbors cable 2 or 3 times putting up a fence, planting trees, etc. ...
I guess no one uses the one Call line...
kirthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 10:45 PM   #13
JadeGiant
Super Moderator

Quote:
I guess no one uses the one Call line...
what's that?
Old 03-13-2006, 11:02 PM   #14
kirthew
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadegiant
what's that?
I dont know if you are serious or not... If your serious... One Call Number is a number you call telling them what kinda work your going to be doing around your house and someone will come mark all lines, gas, electric, phone, cable around your house...
kirthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 11:10 PM   #15
JadeGiant
Super Moderator

Quote:
I dont know if you are serious or not... If your serious... One Call Number is a number you call telling them what kinda work your going to be doing around your house and someone will come mark all lines, gas, electric, phone, cable around your house...
yeah, just funnin ... they call it O.O.P.S. round here - can't remember the acronym but it is what you described
Old 03-13-2006, 11:26 PM   #16
boobhound
I used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead.

They've got that up here, but I just think lines SHOULD be atleast a foot-12'' in th ground, the tiller I was using it's max depth was 6''!
boobhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 11:36 PM   #17
JadeGiant
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by boobhound
They've got that up here, but I just think lines SHOULD be atleast a foot-12'' in th ground, the tiller I was using it's max depth was 6''!
should being the operative word ... just doesn't happen that way.
Old 03-14-2006, 01:34 AM   #18
Wolverine1
SNIKT!!! Keeping the pimp hand strong! Rot Minister of Nocturnal Security

Booby, do not waste money on the lawn!
Wolverine1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 02:01 AM   #19
Justin
Jedi Order

Talking

Quote:
Well this past Saturday, I decided to till my lawn an seed my lawn. So, I borrow a tiller an jump on it. I tilled up the whole lawn, threw out a 50# bag o' fescue an a half of a 50# bag. Threw an spread, 2 bails of wheat straw and watered it all. Then I came in grabbed a shower an sat down to check for any new sneak peeks from Randy an Bowendesigns. The screen wouldn't load, so after 5 or 6 tries, I go an pick up the phone...........dead, nothing, nada. So I call my girlfriend and complain to her that she forgot to pay th phone bill, she apoligizes, I hang up and watch t.v. As this afternoon rolls around the Bellsouth repair man shows up and walks out to the middle of my freshly tilled lawn. He reaches into th earth looking for something, an pulls out a cut phone line.
Awesome story BH.. Hope it doesn't cost to much to get it repaired!
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 05:28 AM   #20
Tattoo-X

Talking

Quote:
Well this past Saturday, I decided to till my lawn an seed my lawn. So, I borrow a tiller an jump on it. I tilled up the whole lawn, threw out a 50# bag o' fescue an a half of a 50# bag. Threw an spread, 2 bails of wheat straw and watered it all. Then I came in grabbed a shower an sat down to check for any new sneak peeks from Randy an Bowendesigns. The screen wouldn't load, so after 5 or 6 tries, I go an pick up the phone...........dead, nothing, nada. So I call my girlfriend and complain to her that she forgot to pay th phone bill, she apoligizes, I hang up and watch t.v. As this afternoon rolls around the Bellsouth repair man shows up and walks out to the middle of my freshly tilled lawn. He reaches into th earth looking for something, an pulls out a cut phone line.
ROTFL Sorry, just too funny.