Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 03-14-2006, 05:31 PM   #1
Collection King 13
You Should Punch Your Face in the Face!!!
Adamantium Plus Member

Arrow 1 Motorcycle & 1 Car = 3 deaths...

A picture is worth a thousand words. * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
The Honda rider was traveling at such a high speed that his reaction time was not sufficient enough to avoid this accident. Swedish Police estimate *
a speed of ~250 KM/h (155mph) before the bike hit the slow moving car * * * *
side-on at an intersection. At that speed, they predicted that the rider's reaction time (once the vehicle came into view) wasn't sufficient enough for him to even apply the brakes. The car had two passengers and the bike rider was found INSIDE the car with them. The Volkswagen actually flipped over from the force of impact and landed 10 feet from where the collision took place. All three involved (two in car and rider) were killed * * * * *
instantly. * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
This graphic demonstration was placed at the Stockholm Motorcycle Fair by the Swedish Police and Road Safety Department. The sign above the display also noted that the rider had only recently obtained his license. * * * * *
At 250 KM (155 mph) the operator is traveling at 227 feet per second. With the normal reaction time of 1.6 seconds for people to SEE-DECIDE-REACT, the above operator would have traveled over 363 feet while making a decision on what actions to take. In this incident the Swedish police indicate that no actions were taken.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pic15590.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	23009   Click image for larger version

Name:	pic21480.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	23010   Click image for larger version

Name:	pic24300.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	23011  

"Grailability" -One collectibles potential on becoming a Grail Piece. Pronunciation [greyl-uh-bil-i-tee]
"Flipphobia" -One collectors morbid fear of flippers. Pronunciation [flip-foh-bee-uh]
"Flipollector" -One Who Flips with the intent of purchasing something else for their collection. Pronunciation [flip-uh-lek-ter]
http://statueforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75&dateline=1236098318
Collection King 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 05:33 PM   #2
rychehitman
Galactus

Thats kind of an inappropriate thing to have on display at a mall seeing as how three lives ended right inside the vehicle....
rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 06:11 PM   #3
Colossus
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by rychehitman
Thats kind of an inappropriate thing to have on display at a mall seeing as how three lives ended right inside the vehicle....

Well I guess if it makes one person stop and think maybe I shouldnt be doing 150+ and save three lives I can live with seeing that. But I worked at my grandfathers towing company for 2 years when I was a kid and saw stuff actually worse than that. I quit after taking two parents out to their sons car to get his stuff out of when he died drinking and driving, he was about my age at the time,18. There was hair and blood in the windshield and other places and this was in Las Vegas during the summer time so the car smelled like death. It was a police impound yard so I could not leave them alone, so for like 10 minutes (which seemed like forever) the mom stood there and balled while the dad tried to go through and get all of his sons items. Was it graphic to me, hell yeah, but I could never put my mom or other family members through that so I don't drink and drive.

Ryche bro alot of times I agree with you on things, but in a case like this you can read all the time how someone was killed but nothing says it like when you see something up close and personal. I wish that for drivers education kids got to go to a impound yard and see some of the really bad accidents, actual cars where someone their age died, I seriously think that in some cases they might be a little more attentive and respectfull of that car, or motorcycle.
Colossus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 06:14 PM   #4
Collection King 13
You Should Punch Your Face in the Face!!!
Adamantium Plus Member

Arrow

A lot of people fail to realize that driving is a privledge, not a right.

"Grailability" -One collectibles potential on becoming a Grail Piece. Pronunciation [greyl-uh-bil-i-tee]
"Flipphobia" -One collectors morbid fear of flippers. Pronunciation [flip-foh-bee-uh]
"Flipollector" -One Who Flips with the intent of purchasing something else for their collection. Pronunciation [flip-uh-lek-ter]
http://statueforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75&dateline=1236098318
Collection King 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 06:15 PM   #5
Comicboy
Deadman

I saw something almost exactly like this. My wife, she's a coroner, got called to an accident that involved 2 people. The guy was driving a crotch rocket doing about 110mph and he slammed into a Chevy Silverado. He hit the drivers side door, launched himself and the door into the vehicle and tipped the truck up on its side. He had just gotten out of court for, yes thats right, speeding. Doing 70 in a 25. Both died, him instantly, the lady driving the truck died about 20 minutes later. Actually Ryche they show far worse in schools now. Shock value I suppose. Only thing that gets thru to kids sometimes.
Comicboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 06:18 PM   #6
Colossus
Loki

Yeah I know comic just when you see something in person and get a real feeling what happened there. pictures are really nothing anymore kids see death on tv and games and such but it is different is all I can say I am sure your wife can attest to that.
Colossus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 06:28 PM   #7
Comicboy
Deadman

I agree totally with you. Seeing it in person is waaaayyyyy different. Pictures are just that, pictures. No sounds, no smells, easier to disassociate yourself. But for legal reasons, I'm assuming, they treat this type of thing with kid gloves. Kids don't listen, we all know that. Goes in one ear and out the other. Educating teens on this sort of thing has to be like banging your head into a wall.
Old 03-14-2006, 06:32 PM   #8
Teague
Iron Man

For what it's worth, ryche, the families of the victims in the crash have to agree to let it be shown as an example, and most do, considering the staggering loss they've just had. The one thing that everyone I've ever met whose lost someone like this shares is that they would do almost anything to keep it from happening to someone else.

I used to work in an ER, and the things I saw from idiots on crotch rockets made me swear to myself that I'd never ride a motorcycle again. It's just too dangerous, to me.
Teague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 06:34 PM   #9
Logan
Kindly Asked To Leave

This may sound really morbid but I watch videos where people get accidents and get killed and what not. It's not for the 'fun' of it but it makes you realize how fast a life can be taken away. It also prevented me from getting run over 2 times.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 06:39 PM   #10
Comicboy
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teague
The one thing that everyone I've ever met whose lost someone like this shares is that they would do almost anything to keep it from happening to someone else.
So very true and it takes an enormous amount of courage to do so.