Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 05-31-2017, 01:17 PM   #41
Bobfrog
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Above All View Post
do not have the money or space for a 1:1 Ra bust

do not mind a 1:2 Ra bust

hope there is enough 1:2 Ra bust to go around

would be nice to see pictures of the 1:2 Ra bust

Paul, if you can please kindly show some photos of the 1:2 Ra bust, we can put aside some money to buy it.

Thank you kindly
You forgot to mention the Ra Bust in your last sentence
Bobfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 03:39 PM   #42
daz1999
Mephisto

daz1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 07:20 PM   #43
Enforcer
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

CC announced the PO for Anubis and Horus 1/2. $750 each and a $1200 price for both for ordering direct. Gotta say, the price made my jaw drop considering what the 1:1 anubis cost. I'll have to think on buying these, now. I was expecting $500, $600 tops, considering the 1/2 bust prices to date. If you buy both then I guess that covers $600 x 2 but still the $500 figure is better

Pre-Order opens this Friday at 12 pm CST.

They are planning a 1/2 Ra, for the record.
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 08:54 PM   #44
Choopie
Birdman

I'm stunned at the price. Way out of my price range. I only wanted Anubis and sadly I'm going to have to pass unless I can get it for sale later on down the road. Extremely disappointed.
Choopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 09:47 PM   #45
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
CC announced the PO for Anubis and Horus 1/2. $750 each and a $1200 price for both for ordering direct. Gotta say, the price made my jaw drop considering what the 1:1 anubis cost. I'll have to think on buying these, now. I was expecting $500, $600 tops, considering the 1/2 bust prices to date. If you buy both then I guess that covers $600 x 2 but still the $500 figure is better

Pre-Order opens this Friday at 12 pm CST.

They are planning a 1/2 Ra, for the record.
Maybe they thought they under-charged for the original 1:1 busts

Planning a 1:2 Ra? I remember hearing about that 1:1 Ra.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 11:37 PM   #46
Enforcer

I'm still hopeful for 1:1 Ra which I'm pretty sure is a sure thing. I just hope the price guesstimate holds up. It was under 1k...

I don't know about the 1:2 Ra, though. I don't think sales are going to be great for the other two and that will translate to no Ra, unless most people buy both.

I always assumed these would be more expensive than the other 1:2 busts because they are much more complicated but I never imagined they'd be $400 more. I feel like the real price is $600 and they're just punishing everyone who doesn't buy both with a $150 price increase, just for the sake of saying "LOOK. Here's the damn discount for buying the set. Happy?" Kind of like, it's better to not lose money on discounts if you can help it, and make a profit when people buy solo. I imagine most, if not all discount programs are tailored made so companies don't lose money. It's an illusion that works.

I just rather have the option to choose one for $600 even though I'm sitting at 99% on getting both if I pull the trigger. Now it's like if you do one for $750 you may as well go for both for another $450.

I really don't want to pay $750 and I really don't want to miss out on these after foolishly passing on 1:1s. 1:2s are so much nicer for space, though.
Old 06-13-2017, 12:27 AM   #47
Enforcer

It's obviously less detailed in some areas. I was expecting basically an exact match for the price...

Quote:
Pre-Order Announcement
1:2 Horus and 1:2 Anubis
$750 Each or $1200 for the pair. You can only get the discounted pair if you order direct.
Each piece will be individually numbered and come on the Giza Pyramid base with lighted eyes.
10 Month payment plans apply to all purchase options.
Anubis and Horus were both scanned from the original 1:1 helmets and printed at 1:2 scale. Every last detail is present in this offering. If the 1:1 were to large for your collection, the 1:2 bust series is the perfect scale.
Horus: 22" x 10"
Anubis: 24" x 10"
Pre-Order opens Friday 16th at 12 pm CST.
I don't know...I don't get it. They both came from the same digital files. You just downscale it and boom. But...several areas sure look off. 1/2 scale isn't THAT extensive of a downgrade to warrant such detail loss. They should have done better if they wanted half price of the full scale for their half scale. BTW I ain't talking bout the base. The base detail loss is fine to me. These 1:2 busts makes it look like a child can fit in them. They're crunched.

Old 06-13-2017, 04:02 AM   #48
Spazzy
Hercules

They are direct scans from the 1:1 doubt there would be much detail loss....the base is of the pyramid not the spaceship like the 1:1
Spazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 08:24 AM   #49
Fremen
Birds of Prey

I think these look awesome. Wish I could get them.
Fremen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 09:27 AM   #50
Choopie
Birdman

The post that these sit on should be black. At any rate, not much chatter with these. I think Chronicle shot themselves in the foot with the price, IMO. 1:2 doesn't appear to be as popular and it's going to be a hard sell at this price. Personally, I could do without the light-up eyes. Drop the light-up feature, drop the price $150 and I'll bite. Pushing $800 after shipping is way too much. OK, I've said my piece about it. I'm moving on.
Choopie is offline   Reply With Quote