Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 12-18-2012, 06:56 PM   #141
Simplyrob
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Man, King, as much as I don't want to agree with your 30 second recap, I think I have to. I do think the Issac storyline was intended to make Dexter more "human". It was after Issac died that Dexter was able to profess his love for Hannah. That was important. The whole thing with Quinn and the stripper, total waste of time. Batista not turning him in, completely out of character. I do expect that next season we may see this pop up again. Funny how they spent so much of the finale in flashbacks, eliminating new material. I'm not really sure why they had all the Doakes stuff in there either, didn't really serve any purpose.

As far as this season being a bad Lifetime movie, I can't agree with that. The character of Dexter Morgan is fantastic. For the most part he's stayed true to his character and evolved with his surroundings. I, for one, even with the shotty writing and completely stupid LaGuerta, was on the edge of my seat the last 10 minutes of the show. Never ever will a Lifetime movie do that to me.
Simplyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:07 PM   #142
Kingofthehill78
King Mud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplyrob View Post
Man, King, as much as I don't want to agree with your 30 second recap, I think I have to. I do think the Issac storyline was intended to make Dexter more "human". It was after Issac died that Dexter was able to profess his love for Hannah. That was important. The whole thing with Quinn and the stripper, total waste of time. Batista not turning him in, completely out of character. I do expect that next season we may see this pop up again. Funny how they spent so much of the finale in flashbacks, eliminating new material. I'm not really sure why they had all the Doakes stuff in there either, didn't really serve any purpose.

As far as this season being a bad Lifetime movie, I can't agree with that. The character of Dexter Morgan is fantastic. For the most part he's stayed true to his character and evolved with his surroundings. I, for one, even with the shotty writing and completely stupid LaGuerta, was on the edge of my seat the last 10 minutes of the show. Never ever will a Lifetime movie do that to me.
Yeah, I didn't get the reasoning for putting the doakes flashback stuff in there except to fill time. All of it was stuff we already knew from the first two seasons. The last 10 minutes of the episode wasn't really thrilling for me. It was pretty predictable. If Deb had shot dexter then that would have been a good twist . It didn't happened and it just ended with no real repercussions. Every one of their storylines this season had potential for some good entertainment but in the end it just fizzled out and became predictable stuff we have seen before.
I don't think the isaak thing really made him that more human because if it did he would have not gone through the whole setting up & killing Maria thing. If anything we realized that dexter isn't the hero but a regular serial killer . The code that was so important to him all these years was thrown out the window.
Kingofthehill78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 02:03 AM   #143
Simplyrob
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingofthehill78 View Post
The code that was so important to him all these years was thrown out the window.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but, Dex didn't break his code this season, did he? He almost did with LaGuerta. He didn't kill Hannah, he should have because she did meet the code. I think everyone was code worthy.
Simplyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 11:55 PM   #144
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplyrob View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but, Dex didn't break his code this season, did he? He almost did with LaGuerta. He didn't kill Hannah, he should have because she did meet the code. I think everyone was code worthy.
He killed Hannahs father and he didn't fit the code. Dexter killed him to get rid of a problem and would have done it again with Laguerta. This isn't the Dexter that I enjoyed watching. This guys just a killer. This season was lousy IMO. Too bad too. I loved this show for the first 4 seasons.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 03:00 AM   #145
Kingofthehill78
King Mud

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappahead View Post
He killed Hannahs father and he didn't fit the code. Dexter killed him to get rid of a problem and would have done it again with Laguerta. This isn't the Dexter that I enjoyed watching. This guys just a killer. This season was lousy IMO. Too bad too. I loved this show for the first 4 seasons.
Kingofthehill78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:43 PM   #146
snappahead
Producer
Producer

I remember season 2. Such a great story that had. The conflict. Dexter was screwed thanks to Doakes, but even when his back was to the wall, Dexter was still trying to figure out a way to end it without taking Doakes' life. He knew that Doakes didn't belong on his table no matter how big a threat he was.

Granted, the writers took the easy way out and gave Dexter a pass by having that explosion, but still. They stayed true to the character. It's disappointing to see a show you really enjoy stray from the path and go down hill. This one stayed around a couple seasons too long IMO.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:50 AM   #147
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

teaser for season 8: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=dy6u5rXqN5o

Jennifer (Deb) is becoming such a stiff actor in all her scenes. I really can't tolerate her anymore...her emotions are always too forced and just come off fake

this show has outlived its welcome IMO
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:37 AM   #148
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Last season was pretty good, but it's time to drop off the dark passenger.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote