Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 05-18-2019, 06:12 PM   #101
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiez View Post
A Million people out out how many people that watched it???? AND like i said just because this season isn't the best that does not mean that there aren't many many people that still love Games of thrones and will still buy it's merchandise.
It got around 12 million views last ep, but how many are actually going to see that petition or care enough to sign. People will still like the show overall, it will just be one of those shows now where you don't rewatch the last season like Lost or Dexter.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 06:15 PM   #102
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
There will always be a loud minority that will not like a story/TV show/movie for whatever reason some of those reason are valid some are not but whatever the case if the majority are happy or content then that intellectual property will survive

A lot of people did not like the new star wars trilogy yet I can guarantee that millions and millions of dollars will be made off of the new movie and it's merchandise. The same thing goes for game of thrones.
That's exactly the problem, those same people that do enjoy the crap will like it either way, but that doesn't mean it is any good just due to making a buck. The new Star Wars movies are very poor too, imagine how much more they would make if they were actually good?
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 07:58 PM   #103
TimeZ
Fantastic Four

With P1 doing GoT and things, I wonder if anyone has ever thought of doing The walking dead statues, I'd be all in on a TWD line tbh. I know Mcfarlane have done some dioramas, but I wonder why P1 dont get the license. Would anyone else be interested in a TWD line?
TimeZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 07:38 AM   #104
ArnoldStallone
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

The Sopranos, Breaking Bad and TWD please��
ArnoldStallone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 09:32 AM   #105
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeZ View Post
With P1 doing GoT and things, I wonder if anyone has ever thought of doing The walking dead statues, I'd be all in on a TWD line tbh. I know Mcfarlane have done some dioramas, but I wonder why P1 dont get the license. Would anyone else be interested in a TWD line?
Gentle Giant have done a bunch of 1/4 Statues from TWD.

Like GOT though i think it's too late to start producing $600-$1000 statues from a dead TV show.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 09:36 AM   #106
Zombiez
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post

Like GOT though i think it's too late to start producing $600-$1000 statues from a dead TV show.
Dead tv show??? The walking dead hasn't been cancelled and there are other shows being made in the game of thrones universe.
Zombiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 10:42 AM   #107
TimeZ
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post

"dead TV show" I'm not sure I agree with that unless it was a pun to The walking "dead". I thought this latest season of TWD picked up again, and got better reviews as opposed to the season before it? I don't know I just think it would be a decent line, but everyone has different tastes :P
TimeZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 11:10 AM   #108
Nextlevel99
Birdman

Quote:
There will always be a loud minority that will not like a story/TV show/movie for whatever reason some of those reason are valid some are not but whatever the case if the majority are happy or content then that intellectual property will survive

A lot of people did not like the new star wars trilogy yet I can guarantee that millions and millions of dollars will be made off of the new movie and it's merchandise. The same thing goes for game of thrones.
Exactly! This is same for Transformers movie which many people dont like it except the first one but still great seller for Prime1 until now. GOT statue if excute well they will be always buyers for Jon Snow or Daenerys.
Nextlevel99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 12:04 PM   #109
supermetroid
Teen Titans

I will admit that some of the show's quality dropping off might make me hesitate to jump into this line. I really don't collect movie or TV show collectibles, I believe Blitzway's Bruce Lee is the only exception. This show does have so many rich and interesting characters that it boggles my mind and excites me that they might be done and I'm sure they'll be outstanding with Kim doing the portraits.

I found it cool how I posted this on May 8th in a SS thread too lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermetroid View Post
Not a fan of movie versions, but I'll say I wouldn't want SS doing them with their track record of actor likenesses.

I'm surprised no bigger companies have picked up Game of Thrones, I'd only want someone like P1 or Blitzway tackling it.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 09:46 PM   #110
vKevinnn
A day without sunshine is like... night.

The walking dead stopped being good after season two and yet I convinced myself it was and kept watching until season 4-5 and then I had a moment when I was like wow this is pretty bad why am I still watching this boring repetitive show.
vKevinnn is offline   Reply With Quote